Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dogecoin Dogecoin I completely understood your frustration - 남미 사람들 모무 싸가지 없어. A Mexican in real life decided it was funny to do as well and simply failed to understand why it isn't ok. But Memphis is right that we should not stoop down to the level of those people.

Does it honestly matter? This is not the first time I have seen ignorant comments about Koreans and Asian people in general. I have honestly read some horrendous comments particularly when Son first joined Tottenham.

As an Asian, I can reaffirm there is not much representation of us in the wider media like big movies (even the MCU has a movie about Black Panther but the only Asian we have is fucking Wong?)and football (the most popular sport) aside from the typical stereotypes. There are also an array of other reasons why it is so difficult to become an athlete in Korea. As an ethnic Korean, who grew up in the Germany and the UK (coincidentally the same as Son) he resembles to us a lot more than football and for many other countless Koreans as well.

The more frustrating thing is I do not see people in en masse criticise when people idolise certain players rather than a club like Ronaldo or Messi or when Croatians go to support Modric etc.

For people like you to simplify it by saying "omg these korean fans are not loyal" is you basically taking something for granted that as a white person that you do not have to deal with or suffer a lot less from. So just enjoy that Koreans are here while Son is here and just enjoy our successes together rather than this constant bullshit are they "loyal to a club or not". Tottenham isn't some great overlord god that we have to worship. We all love football for different reason and we can a club or player support it for different reasons.

COYS - Son for Hattrick.

I think most people understand it's all about Son more than Spurs for Korean fans, and many will lose interest in Spurs when he leaves but I'm sure a fair few will stay as fans.

He's a wonderful asset for the club plus an amazing ambassador for South Korea with the way he conducts himself.

Humble, hard working plays with a smile and works for his team. Scores like Charlie Sheen in a whorehouse and plays for the Pride of North London! What’s not to like?

Love this boy, a true Yid.

Agreed. The passion he plays with wearing our shirt is so crucial. It's slowly becoming Sonny's team, he's making it his own and is well on his way to becoming a genuine legend of our great club.

Technical gifts are great and all that but nothing beats heart and Sonny has it more than most playing the game at the moment. Very lucky we have such a guy, he's a leader in his own unique way.

Yet again another epic goal from Son when it really matters.

After the game I talked to a Korean fan.

He had been crying because he was so happy.

I would be amazed if some of the Koreans who go don't become life long Yids and if they don't - so what, it's a pleasure to have them at games. Also, the more fans we get - the better it is.

Dogecoin Dogecoin I completely understood your frustration - 남미 사람들 모무 싸가지 없어. A Mexican in real life decided it was funny to do as well and simply failed to understand why it isn't ok. But Memphis is right that we should not stoop down to the level of those people.

Does it honestly matter? This is not the first time I have seen ignorant comments about Koreans and Asian people in general. I have honestly read some horrendous comments particularly when Son first joined Tottenham.

As an Asian, I can reaffirm there is not much representation of us in the wider media like big movies (even the MCU has a movie about Black Panther but the only Asian we have is fucking Wong?)and football (the most popular sport) aside from the typical stereotypes. There are also an array of other reasons why it is so difficult to become an athlete in Korea. As an ethnic Korean, who grew up in the Germany and the UK (coincidentally the same as Son) he resembles to us a lot more than football and for many other countless Koreans as well.

The more frustrating thing is I do not see people in en masse criticise when people idolise certain players rather than a club like Ronaldo or Messi or when Croatians go to support Modric etc.

For people like you to simplify it by saying "omg these korean fans are not loyal" is you basically taking something for granted that as a white person that you do not have to deal with or suffer a lot less from. So just enjoy that Koreans are here while Son is here and just enjoy our successes together rather than this constant bullshit are they "loyal to a club or not". Tottenham isn't some great overlord god that we have to worship. We all love football for different reason and we can a club or player support it for different reasons.

COYS - Son for Hattrick.
This is no different from the thousands of kids across England breaking their fathers’ hearts and becoming Spurs fans because of Dele and Kane.

People just don’t want to admit it’s the normal way people become fans.

First goalscorer in the new stadium for both Premier League and Champions League.

He could do nothing else from here on out, he'll forever be a legend.

Back
Top Bottom