Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

D3UTpYGW0AA3ie9

Explain to me how your pulling examples of South Americans behaving badly on a football pitch, generalizing them all as "third worlders" (a term whose very origin is ridiculously bigoted and disgusting as it was created by defining the US, NATO, and their allies as "first world", the Soviet/communist powers as "second world" nations, and the rest as an inferior species of former colonies turned nations who existed solely to be exploited for the gains of the first two groups.) is anything other than disgusting racism. You would never expect to say the same of Africans on this forum or in public without expecting a strong and negative reaction.

Here's a useful and easy way to gauge the racism of a statement. Replace the group identifier from a statement with the word "blacks", and determine if you'd be willing to shout it on a busy street corner.

For example:

"South Americans have a differing footballing culture which rewards and promotes increased levels of violence, vitriol, and aggression on the pitch"

Becomes "Blacks have a differing footballing culture which rewards and promotes increased levels of violence, vitriol, and aggression on the pitch"

It's a pretty large generalization, for which you'll probably be called out and rightly so, but it's still a statement of relative merit that isn't demeaning to individuals as inferior or insinuate that they are otherwise incapable of controlling basic animalistic urges.

By contrast, "can't change those 3rd worlders...pure scum" becomes "can't change those blacks....pure scum". Even adjusting for a kind assessment of intent, "you can't teach those South Americans how to behave on the pitch, they're always causing trouble" is no different to "you can't teach those blacks how to behave on the pitch, they're always causing trouble." Say either of those latter statements on a busy street corner and it's highly likely that some heroic passer by will rearrange the placement of your teeth in your fucking head.

Its 2019, we really shouldn't have to explain what constitutes blatant racism. And your response to being called on it should simply be to apologize, not to try and provide evidence to rationalize and defend such fucking garbage.

Read my post again. I didnt just include footballers. Many Colombian celebrities + citizens did racist gesture to mock Koreans after Cardona incident. Thousands of Mexicans did racist gestures to thank Korea after the WC. Also, I am not the one who said "can't change those 3rd worlders...pure scum".

Last edited:
Read my post again. I didnt just include footballers. Thousands of Mexicans did racist gestures to thank Korea after the WC. Also, I am not the one who said "can't change those 3rd worlders...pure scum".
You cosigned the statement, defended the claimed status of Colombia as a 3rd world country, then proceeded to attempt to bolster the case by saying that "in light of how they've acted" they were a 3rd world country - making the correlation that nations that are not members of the racist definitions of the 1st and 2nd world bloc are A) impoverished and B) have populations that are incapable of meeting the western definitions of appropriate conduct.

The fact that you think you're innocent is fucking embarrassing. You're a racist piece of fucking shit. Jog the fuck on you fucking idiot.

You cosigned the statement, defended the claimed status of Colombia as a 3rd world country, then proceeded to attempt to bolster the case by saying that "in light of how they've acted" they were a 3rd world country - making the correlation that nations that are not members of the racist definitions of the 1st and 2nd world bloc are A) impoverished and B) have populations that are incapable of meeting the western definitions of appropriate conduct.

The fact that you think you're innocent is fucking embarrassing. You're a racist piece of fucking shit. Jog the fuck on you fucking idiot.

And yet you cant still argue against the evidence that I provided. Fuck you too. "Only some footballers" my ass. This retard doesnt even know/doesnt want to accept the fact that the slanted-eye gesture is pretty common in Latin American countries. Muted.

And yet you cant still argue against the evidence that I provided. Fuck you too. "Only some footballers" my ass. This retard doesnt even know/doesnt want to accept the fact that the slanted-eye gesture is pretty common in Latin American countries. Muted.
Your reaction to Latinos racist gestures towards Asians is to be accepting of, perpetrate, and defend racism towards Latinos. The fucking state of you. Don't worry about muting me, I've no further use for you. Hope you get a ban for being such an embarrassing, bigoted, piece of shit.

Your reaction to Latinos racist gestures towards Asians is to be accepting of, perpetrate, and defend racism towards Latinos. The fucking state of you. Don't worry about muting me, I've no further use for you. Hope you get a ban for being such an embarrassing, bigoted, piece of shit.
Stop it. This is Sons thread. Not a debate about racism. Both of you GTFO!

What a freakin' legend this man is, I think I'm in love.

He speaks so fondly of the club and all it has done for him regarding his military exemption + you could see how much it meant to him when we gave him his own song.

The fact that he gave a little fist pump to the Paxton to get us going and scored his goal I think is very fitting. The perfect professional who genuinely seems honoured to play for us, it was a great moment for him and cements him as an icon forever associated with the club. Well done Sonny, that first goal & South Stand roar for the first time ever deservedly belongs to him for how he conducts himself as a player, man and professional. Buzzing for him

We don't need another Spursmeds wrecking threads with some over exaggerated moral indignation and general abusiveness towards someone with a completely different cultural upbringing from you. Take it to the forum toilet. Foul vote cast for thread derailing.

We don't need another Spursmeds wrecking threads with some over exaggerated moral indignation and general abusiveness towards someone with a completely different cultural upbringing from you. Take it to the forum toilet. Foul vote cast for thread derailing.
Maybe he should make up the Erik Lamela has a drug problem or mock his mental health.

You half-inched Cat Nonce.

Foul vote cast for mincing cats.

Dogecoin Dogecoin I completely understood your frustration - 남미 사람들 모무 싸가지 없어. A Mexican in real life decided it was funny to do as well and simply failed to understand why it isn't ok. But Memphis is right that we should not stoop down to the level of those people.

Loyal to who though?

Does it honestly matter? This is not the first time I have seen ignorant comments about Koreans and Asian people in general. I have honestly read some horrendous comments particularly when Son first joined Tottenham.

As an Asian, I can reaffirm there is not much representation of us in the wider media like big movies (even the MCU has a movie about Black Panther but the only Asian we have is fucking Wong?)and football (the most popular sport) aside from the typical stereotypes. There are also an array of other reasons why it is so difficult to become an athlete in Korea. As an ethnic Korean, who grew up in the Germany and the UK (coincidentally the same as Son) he resembles to us a lot more than football and for many other countless Koreans as well.

The more frustrating thing is I do not see people in en masse criticise when people idolise certain players rather than a club like Ronaldo or Messi or when Croatians go to support Modric etc.

For people like you to simplify it by saying "omg these korean fans are not loyal" is you basically taking something for granted that as a white person that you do not have to deal with or suffer a lot less from. So just enjoy that Koreans are here while Son is here and just enjoy our successes together rather than this constant bullshit are they "loyal to a club or not". Tottenham isn't some great overlord god that we have to worship. We all love football for different reason and we can a club or player support it for different reasons.

COYS - Son for Hattrick.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom