Has anyone else had enough?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This thread is just weird. We are 6th in the league and if we win our 2 games in hand we will be 1 point off 4th. Some posts on here make it seem like we are 18th.

It wasn't so long ago that the entire world was laughing at Woolwich and their suicidal fans then they went and beat Chelsea. Just calm down and save the meltdowns for after the game.

I am always excited to watch Tottenham and I don't understand any Tottenham fan who isn't.

My point has always been more football in general driven than just spurs, take a look at what I wrote this morning, even Carragher couldnt enjoy Liverpools games winning the title, its just a lot of stress and the games arent even that good

And from a spurs perspective we are in a great position, strong squad, and we still dont capitalize, I still think we could win a trophy or two but we know how the story usually ends

As I said, win a league cup and Woolwich laugh at us because they have won 5 FA cups recently with a garbage squad, we are in a situation now where its never going to be good enough

My point has always been more football in general driven than just spurs, take a look at what I wrote this morning, even Carragher couldnt enjoy Liverpools games winning the title, its just a lot of stress and the games arent even that good

And from a spurs perspective we are in a great position, strong squad, and we still dont capitalize, I still think we could win a trophy or two but we know how the story usually ends

As I said, win a league cup and Woolwich laugh at us because they have won 5 FA cups recently with a garbage squad, we are in a situation now where its never going to be good enough
As I get older, I'm definitely less emotionally invested than I was and let it stress me out much less.

Early 20's I'd fight people about Spurs, but now....

I think I remember back-to-back 0-3 losses at home to Sheffield Wednesday and Middlesbrough one season. Finishing below Charlton and it was seemingly just accepted!

The general gap and money in football was less then generally but it was still horrific underachievement. There is certainly a generation of Spurs who don't know how lucky they are in the past few years - punching highly above our weight for once - and that probably correlates with those who wanted Poch out.
Poch was probably a victim of his own success. Unhappy fans after another top 4 & only CL runners up. Playing injured kane FFS!
Fast forward & most would snatch your hand off at just scrapping 4th & nothing else.

giphy.gif

This thread is just weird. We are 6th in the league and if we win our 2 games in hand we will be 1 point off 4th. Some posts on here make it seem like we are 18th.

It wasn't so long ago that the entire world was laughing at Woolwich and their suicidal fans then they went and beat Chelsea. Just calm down and save the meltdowns for after the game.

I am always excited to watch Tottenham and I don't understand any Tottenham fan who isn't.
Each to their own. I didn't find the Brighton match exciting at all. Makes me sleepy watching us.

As I get older, I'm definitely less emotionally invested than I was and let it stress me out much less.

Early 20's I'd fight people about Spurs, but now....

At least we have a passion for cricket, where we get to see players actually deliver consistency, be professional and try. There is an intellegence there that just isnt there in football, nobody wants to take initiative on the field.

How are a Man U side we destroyed even close to the top? I'm just annoyed how with this much money in the game now the product is going backwards, no excitement when any top side meets, nothing to remember. I think we were lucky to have a memorable game thanks to Moura 2 years ago but most sides have had nothing

At least we have a passion for cricket, where we get to see players actually deliver consistency, be professional and try. There is an intellegence there that just isnt there in football, nobody wants to take initiative on the field.

How are a Man U side we destroyed even close to the top? I'm just annoyed how with this much money in the game now the product is going backwards, no excitement when any top side meets, nothing to remember. I think we were lucky to have a memorable game thanks to Moura 2 years ago but most sides have had nothing
Yep, like, imagine being an Everton fan.

Constant 8-12 dross.

Actually, don't need to imagine. I remember the 00's.

Not of Spurs but football in general.

It's not even Mourinho's tactic of defending a 1-0 defeat (though it certainly doesn't help), or the soulless experience of empty stadiums.

It's fucking VAR. I really do think it's destroyed the sport. Can't even have the joy of celebrating a goal because you need to wait ten minutes to see if someone grazed another player's elbow during the warm up.

The problem with these posts trying to shine this turd is that they always ignore other factors, mainly other teams that have games in hand and the fact to get to these meh positions in the table we are playing god awful football.

Even in your dream scenario where we win the two games in hand and the teams level on games with us and ahead in points lose their games we only get to 5th. That isn't great and certainly not when you take into consideration how poor the football is to get there.

Not sure many fans are excited to watch god awful football to get a place in the table that is worse than what Poch was repeatedly getting and worse than what we did under 'Arry.

I'll never stop supporting Spurs but there are things about modern football that really fuck me off. It's definitely not helped by having no fans in the stadium. The games just feel like friendlies sometimes. The intensity just seems lower and that affects my enjoyment level.

Last edited:
I must admit I decided to not even bother watching it last night. First time in as long as I can remember that I've chosen not to watch despite having nothing better to do. I'm pretty down at the minute for various reasons and watching spurs is genuinely making me feel worse. Its got to the point where the frustration and bad feeling when we draw or lose outweighs the good feeling from winning. Realise that makes me sound like an entitled part time wanker of a supporter just because we are having a bad spell but its more than that. We are absolutely wretched and watching us is doing nothing for me at the minute.

I just received a copy of the programme from my first ever match: Home v West Ham 19 April 1969.

Season ticket prices ranged from £14-£20. :pochcry:

Oh and West Ham were 6th and we were 8th. So in 52 years nothing whatsoever has changed*. What a waste of sodding time! :mourbye:

At least we won the match 1-0 (Greaves) although I'm expecting a VAR check to disallow that soon.

*Edit: We were even three points behind and had a game in hand! FFS, that’s 52 more years of my life gone and I’m back where I started.

Last edited:

He made the thread in July 2019!! I don’t think he was talking about this week and current events.

Unless he’s the new Nostradamus.......in which case.....

tenor.gif

Poch was probably a victim of his own success. Unhappy fans after another top 4 & only CL runners up. Playing injured kane FFS!
Fast forward & most would snatch your hand off at just scrapping 4th & nothing else.
Always have to chuckle at the notion that Poch achieved massive success in the same season the club owners and squad failed massively and underachieved.

“It was our biggest achievement in decades sack the board”

Back
Top Bottom