Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really wanted him to do well. Started off okay as well. Put some decent long sideways balls to fullbacks in space. Then when things get difficult, he is one of the first to crumble into pieces. Extremely useless player.

You could probably train a chimpanzee to do what Winks does. He doesn't do anything to a particularly high level. He has to go down as one of Poch's pet projects that never really came to fruition.

You could probably train a chimpanzee to do what Winks does. He doesn't do anything to a particularly high level. He has to go down as one of Poch's pet projects that never really came to fruition.
Chimps are really strong and agile so they already look a better choice than tiny, weak, petulant and shit-at-literally-everything """Winksy"""

I really didn’t think he was that bad today, I’m surprised everyone is so negative about him.

Don't doubt yourself mate

It just turns out that when the chips are down we, have a lot of petulant, shit-talking assholes in our fanbase...

Even when things were going really well, there was still a contingent insisting on spewing their bile over everything.

Not sure why Winks is getting battered - he is not a DM - we don't have a DM - why is that on Winks? whilst the same old crowd go on and on about no back-up striker that's not the issue, we scored two more yesterday, the issue is we can't defend.

I thought Winks did what he's supposed to do, recycle the ball, he did that as he always does very well but he's no DM. Feck play that game another ten times and we probably win at least 50% of the time ...

Individual errors are killing us, but picking on one player won't help. Yesterday our left hand side pairing of Davies and Tanganga were just not at the races ... but even saying that we allowed Wolves 4 shots on target and 3 went in ... FUCK

Not sure why Winks is getting battered - he is not a DM - we don't have a DM - why is that on Winks? whilst the same old crowd go on and on about no back-up striker that's not the issue, we scored two more yesterday, the issue is we can't defend.

I thought Winks did what he's supposed to do, recycle the ball, he did that as he always does very well but he's no DM. Feck play that game another ten times and we probably win at least 50% of the time ...

Individual errors are killing us, but picking on one player won't help. Yesterday our left hand side pairing of Davies and Tanganga were just not at the races ... but even saying that we allowed Wolves 4 shots on target and 3 went in ... FUCK
What is winks job ? What is his best position ?

He didn’t play that badly though, in fact I thought he was one of the bright sports.
Wouldn't bother responding to JT he lives to slag of anything Spurs - when we win he's absent but when we lose and there's a chance to throw hate, JT's your man, it's living in a basement and having no life ... all a bit sad when all you have is hate.

Winks is a decent player, put a quality DM alongside him and he will be very good, won't that piss JT off

Last edited:

Everybody appreciates our team is crap. But winks also offers nothing. He is part of the reason we are crap. I mean captain ffs.

What is winks job ? What is his best position ?
He's the distributor in a midfield two, takes the ball from the back five (and the DM if we had one) and moves it on, Toure alongside Fernandinho, Ramsey with Arteta, the aim is to become a Xavi or a Modric .... both of whom never settled into the distributor role until much later in life than Winks is now ...

Lofty goals and he's not even close right now ... but don't give up on him just yet

Back
Top Bottom