Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Winks surrounded by competent central midfielders and not Sissoko and he puts in a performance like that.

I, for one, am shocked.

Needs to put together a consistent run of matches at that level, which I don’t think he’s done yet. But he’s obviously got it in him to do so. There does appear to be a danger that he falls into the Carrick Category of being under appreciated here, but lauded elsewhere.

Everyone saying we need a DM but i think Winks is the reason Mourinho will not purchase a DM in the summer. Its clear he really likes/trusts him.

-----------------Winks------------------
-------N'dombele----Lo'Celso-------

With Gedson and Sissoko as the back ups is what i think we will go with next season.

He was brilliant-I've said many times before some people have the audacity to slag him off time and again, the fucking guy bleeds lilywhite along with his whole family-hes more spurs than anyone on here.
Does not deserve the stick some give him in the slightest.
Love the lad.

Everyone saying we need a DM but i think Winks is the reason Mourinho will not purchase a DM in the summer. Its clear he really likes/trusts him.

With Gedson and Sissoko as the back ups is what i think we will go with next season.

Still think we need one to be fair.

I just want to see that midfield. It has everything spread across it. Work rate. Passing. Skill. Forward thinking play. Technique.

Still think we need one to be fair.

I just want to see that midfield. It has everything spread across it. Work rate. Passing. Skill. Forward thinking play. Technique.
I think we will not strengthen the CM and attacking midfielder options at all in the summer. A back up striker is the only attacking purchase we will make imo.

On the other hand i think a CB, LB and RB will be purchased.

He has been improving defensively, his biggest weakness.

Agreed! I was thinking the exact same thing during the game.
-------------

But generally speaking... the pendelum swings bit too far into extremes.
When he does not too well - "he is s*it", "get rid" etcetc. He has a good game (against strong opposition) "brilliant player, I don't believe anyone could say bad things about him!!", "why are people pointing out his shortcomings" etc.

Why couldn't there be middle ground?

I think yesterday he had really-really good game. But for example in 1st half he gave quite many stray passes. Some of them quite easy. And overall his pass completion was 80% (as comparison our overall passing% was 86)... For me his defensive side of the game yesterday was brilliant, but at the same time his distribution was "pretty much decent". Far from superb.

Obviously I hope he keeps developing further like he has in past 2 months. I hope he can put two sides of the game and perform as strongly also against sides like Villa in the future. And that he would have stability. Until then he ain't so brilliant as some say now nor as awful as some ppl have suggested in the past.

I think we will not strengthen the CM and attacking midfielder options at all in the summer. A back up striker is the only attacking purchase we will make imo.

On the other hand i think a CB, LB and RB will be purchased.
if we have limited resources i hope we just spent big on a top cb. Need the option of playing up from the back. We can't approach the game against top teams like we did against City all the time

Love Winks but needs to get back to driving forward like he did for the red card.

He tends to do what everyone else is doing when you need him to break the mould more often

Thing is he is played as a DM so there is always going to be a limitation. We need a DM during the summer, just watch Winks, Lo Celso, Ndombele shine when they have better cover behind.

Thing is he is played as a DM so there is always going to be a limitation. We need a DM during the summer, just watch Winks, Lo Celso, Ndombele shine when they have better cover behind.

don't wish too hard... Matic is a free agent in the summer. You really don't want that..

Maybe Skipp is seen as next years solution to having a bit more bite in midfield, we've seen before how the young players can step up and perform.

I think we'll go big for a DM. I like Winks but it's a 60 game season filled with injuries, lack of form, fatigue etc and I don't think Dier offers enough these days. I can also see Gedson potentially become a Sissoko replacement if he starts to do well.

Yiiiiiiiiiiido!!!

images

Back
Top Bottom