Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You cannot sign a pre contract with a club that competes in the same league because there could be a conflict of interest when you play. You can agree to sign a contract through intermediaries but cannot actually sign it.

I now have a question for you.

Do you not find your club incredibly frustrating? They have all this power in the Bundesliga but they are destroying it, I worry about City's dominance but you have done that for 11 years. On top of this I do not get why you hired Tuchel. I think this was a mistake and you will come to regret it just because he is too much of a practical manager.

I think you can, but I'm not sure. All the reporters said Bayern had signed Laimer on a free in January 2023. They didn't officially announce it though. They only did so in summer, with photos of Laimer wearing winter clothes signing the contract and with the Bayern directors (who had since been sacked) very clearly cropped out of the photos. So I'm not really sure if there are loopholes or whatnot.

As for whether I find my club frustrating and accused of destroying the Bundesliga, I cannot understand this. Let's take a hypothetical scenario where for whatever reason Bayern decide to stop existing. Do you honestly think that the Bundesliga would get better? Can you imagine how a Bayern-less Bundesliga would fare? I mean, just imagine the next time the TV deal is up for renewal. I think Bayern is actually the only reason why the Bundesliga is still relevant. Do not listen to what other fans of German clubs are saying: they sometimes say stuff not because it's true, but are conditioned by jealousy and hate, and I don't blame them because I'd also probably hate Bayern if I supported another German club.

As for Tuchel, I still don't get why we sacked Nagelsmann very late in the season at a time where had we won all our remaining matches we would have 100% mathematically won the quadruple.

City never made an offer to Spurs because Levy wasn't prepared to negotiate. However they probably came to some agreement with Kane behind the scenes just in case Levy changed his mind

Arranged by Gary Neville on the 18th?

I cant stand the guy, but not sure how Levy can get stick for this, Player wont sign a new contract, has a year left and we are offered close to £100 million - how many clubs including City would turn this down on the romantic notion that he will stay, fall in Love with Ange ball and sign a new contract when he could literally Join any team in the world next season and make a fortune from doing so?
Levys hands were tied with this, Yes he should have done it quicker but it had to be done Surely?
Problem is timing we decided to sell Kane with the season starting tomorrow night. If we did this weeks ago had a replacement bedded in we would not be so fucked.

I cant stand the guy, but not sure how Levy can get stick for this, Player wont sign a new contract, has a year left and we are offered close to £100 million - how many clubs including City would turn this down on the romantic notion that he will stay, fall in Love with Ange ball and sign a new contract when he could literally Join any team in the world next season and make a fortune from doing so?
Levys hands were tied with this, Yes he should have done it quicker but it had to be done Surely?
It was levy that created this situation that Harry wanted to leave in the first place.

We shouldn't have sold him regardless.

Correct decision by the club! I hope he chooses to stay and to sign a new contract. If not, I am glad we get some money for him and I will wish him well in BM.
I don't know, I think I'd rather have one more season with one of the greatest players in our club's history in what promises to be a very exciting, attack-focused team than £86m.

I can't help thinking of the scene in the Johnny Depp Charlie and the Chocolate Factory when Grandpa George encourages Charlie to keep the Golden Ticket instead of selling it:

"Money is one of the most common resources we have. More and more of it is printed every day. There are only five of these tickets in the whole world. Only a dummy would trade a Golden Ticket for something as common as money. Are you a dummy?"

Yes but then you would have agreed a massive signing on fee for Kane. You would end up paying the 100M Euros on the both. I think it is very unlikely that he will do that because Barcelona and Real Madrid will also be in play if it a free transfer.

Barcelona will have Lewandowski and Real Madrid's funds would be low after probably getting Mbappe. I don't see him moving to the Spain top 2 anytime soon to be honest.

Ally Gold has framed this correctly.

This is no longer a Levy decision.

It's now a Harry Kane decision.

And we shall see how it plays out.

-----------------------------

Breaking: Tottenham accept Bayern offer for Harry Kane as striker faces major transfer decision​

Harry Kane now has the choice to join Bayern Munich this summer after Tottenham accepted the latest bid from Allianz Arena

That came out of the blue.

I had convinced myself in the last two weeks that he is more than likely going to stay. For a few reasons. One is I truly believe he regrets how Summer 2021 went with his behaviour to push the move to City. The love of the fans could have easily turned against him but it didn't. And what's more on that note after he missed the penalty at the World Cup which would have put a target on his back all over the country the Spurs fans rallied behind him more than before.

Second factor is I don't think Bayern Munich or frankly any overseas move would be his preferred choice now he is so close to Shearer's record. It'd require two seasons more to do it and all this time he has been eying it up. It's possible he could come back to England at 35/36 and make up for lost time but at that point no one knows what the toll of these years in between can have. He can play at 60% intensity and still bag 30+ Bundesliga goals a season but you're still going to pick up knocks and niggles along the way.

Thirdly I think he would want to have one last crack at silverware here.

Back
Top Bottom