Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No, I'm a Bayern fan, but I don't mean to cause trouble, I come in peace. If I'm annoying you guys, I'll leave. Just trying to give some other perspective here. My bad for not making that clear from the off.

To be honest, I'm not even sure I want Kane to end up at Bayern. The deal doesn't seem very feasible.
So technically you're at least as bias as any Spurs fan in the whole thing.

Put it this way, would you see the logic in him going to PSG?

If he stays I think there is more chance that he is either sold in the January window if we have had a bad start or signs a new bumper long term contract if we are doing well.
Both those scenarios feel more likely to me than him joining a rival next summer

I feel people are needlessly flapping about him joining a rival.

If Bayern don't stump up Kane must be wondering why nobody is willing to meet his asking price. Other clubs already have that long term striking option in place.
All he needs to do is sign a contract with a sensible release clause. £50-£60m

Accounts not looking for attention (so not aggregators/big media co's etc). I also have a couple of mates at Spurs, they are 100% not ITK and don't pretend to be - one is not player side the other is, but they genuinely don't get heads-up info (one did get info about Son being at a Hotel close to the training ground and let me know and I shared on here - this was before press broke anything - I think that might have been the last thing he's told me player related). Anyway both "feel" he's staying. "Feel" means very confident, just how people are behaving around the squad right now.

At this stage I'm not sure anyone knows, possibly not even Kane himself.

The question is whether Bayern choose to make a final bid, probably needing to be in the £100m - £120m range, to swing the odds in their favour. They have lost out on Walker who is now not going to Bayern as they didn't bid high enough to Walker and a GK for same reason - so are they going to make a last desperate attempt to get a major target ?

I think the first deadline is today or even tomorrow. Reason is that Kane has publicly given a deadline of playing v Brentford and Bayern equally have a big game in Germany on Saturday.

If Kane is still here tomorrow (Friday) night chances are pretty high he's staying for the season, even though window is still open for a couple of weeks.

So, yes the feeling probably is right now that he's staying, as Bayern seem to have been lowballing. And lowballing might well suggest to Kane he's not really being valued enough.

So technically you're at least as bias as any Spurs fan in the whole thing.

Put it this way, would you see the logic in him going to PSG?

Yes, just as Messi, Neymar and Mbappe saw the logic of going to PSG.

But then again, it's not even a fair comparison because the club prestige and tradition between Bayern and PSG are not exactly equal footing.

Yes, just as Messi, Neymar and Mbappe saw the logic of going to PSG.

But then again, it's not even a fair comparison because the club prestige and tradition between Bayern and PSG are not exactly equal footing.
With respect you play in a two bob league fella. Bundesliga is only slightly more prestigious than the Dutch or French leagues these days.

The Premier league leaves it in the dust.

Kane is only looking at Bayern because he knows he is virtually guaranteed to win a domestic league title, and wants to get the trophy monkey off his back. I don't think you are even in the mix for winning the Champions league realistically.

Basically what I'm trying to politely say is that you ain't all that and a bag of potato chips.

No, only teams outside the PL.

Very interesting, so there's actually a scenario where Bayern and Tottenham don't agree this summer, Bayern agree a pre-contract with Kane in January (at a time where he can't sign for another English club), and after the signature's dried up they could knock on Levy's door again and ask him how much he wants to allow Kane to leave earlier.

Says the guy who's username is (also) the name of a pork sausage :p
Malta Man I am going to answer a lot of your comments:

Kane would need to be registered by tomorrow lunch time to be eligible to play in the cup.

Kane has never said yes to Bayern, he has only been receptive to their offer and if Spurs agree to sell him.
He has agreed an acceptable contract offer but that has only been on the proviso you agree a fee with Spurs.

You cannot sign a pre contract with a club that competes in the same league because there could be a conflict of interest when you play. You can agree to sign a contract through intermediaries but cannot actually sign it.

I now have a question for you.

Do you not find your club incredibly frustrating? They have all this power in the Bundesliga but they are destroying it, I worry about City's dominance but you have done that for 11 years. On top of this I do not get why you hired Tuchel. I think this was a mistake and you will come to regret it just because he is too much of a practical manager.

With respect you play in a two bob league fella. Bundesliga is only slightly more prestigious than the Dutch or French leagues these days.

The Premier league leaves it in the dust.

Kane is only looking at Bayern because he knows he is virtually guaranteed to win a domestic league title, and wants to get the trophy monkey off his back. I don't think you are even in the mix for winning the Champions league realistically.

Basically what I'm trying to politely say is that you ain't all that and a bag of potato chips.
realistically bayern is second favorite to win CL based on betting odds right now and that is without number 9, also there is a bigger difference in quality betwen first and the rest in PL than in BL

Very interesting, so there's actually a scenario where Bayern and Tottenham don't agree this summer, Bayern agree a pre-contract with Kane in January (at a time where he can't sign for another English club), and after the signature's dried up they could knock on Levy's door again and ask him how much he wants to allow Kane to leave earlier.
Yes but then you would have agreed a massive signing on fee for Kane. You would end up paying the 100M Euros on the both. I think it is very unlikely that he will do that because Barcelona and Real Madrid will also be in play if it a free transfer.

Back
Top Bottom