Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gutted for him.

This will be used as a stick to beat him with for years now.

Also probably his last chance at winning a major trophy unless he leaves England.

Worried about what kind of Kane we get back from this World Cup now. This will hurt for a long time.
If a trip to Brentford on Boxing Day can’t fire you up, nothing can.

Yeah agree, i dont know if he has the legs for that. One tonight when he was through on goal 40 yards out but had to check back as he had zero pace. He was never quick but 4 or 5 years ago he holds those defenders off and gets a shot in.
kanes not going to get much slower over the next 4 years lol hes already fucking slow. hell be fine in 4 years. family man that looks after himself and isnt pace reliant and plays with his brain, hes got plenty of years left at the top level.

It’s really just never going to happen for the poor lad. Absolutely gutting. I’m absolutely distraught for him.
Lads as I’m Irish we so take pleasure in seeing England go out( it makes no sense really as we all follow English teams) but this time I’m sad because it’s Harry.😢

Lads as I’m Irish we so take pleasure in seeing England go out( it makes no sense really as we all follow English teams) but this time I’m sad because it’s Harry.😢
Just to add, as an Irish ☘️ one too. I have no pleasure in England going out.

Specific to Harry. Played really well tonight and is equal all time England goal scorer too. Well done to the guy. He deserves a pat on the back, not a kick in the arse.

Football is a team game, he cannot be blamed on an individual level.

He'll be beside himself and I really feel for him.

So much pressure. He did look nervous at that second pen but he didn't shirk it.

Southgate will know exactly how he feels, at least he's there for him.

kanes not going to get much slower over the next 4 years lol hes already fucking slow. hell be fine in 4 years. family man that looks after himself and isnt pace reliant and plays with his brain, hes got plenty of years left at the top level.
I hope i'm wrong because he's a class act on and off the pitch and always has been. But i'm not convinced of his longevity at the top level as some. Again, i hope he does play for years at the same standard and its with us. My view certainy isnt based on 1 missed penalty, he's been great this tournament. More just watching him over the last 18 months or so and seeing his first 100 prem goals on Sky a while back. Massive difference in strength, speed and finishing(not quick then but not slow either). He's still quality at the moment though and doesnt deserve any grief.

Yeah hopefully. I think he can still be quality. A bit like Sheringham who went on and on.

Giroud is also showing he can do it at 36 as a 9. Kane doesn't have to drop deep as he ages, if he has quick players around him.

Just to add, as an Irish ☘️ one too. I have no pleasure in England going out.

Specific to Harry. Played really well tonight and is equal all time England goal scorer too. Well done to the guy. He deserves a pat on the back, not a kick in the arse.

Football is a team game, he cannot be blamed on an individual level.
Sadly , nobody will reflect on our two centre backs losing Giroud for the goal and other players mistakes . Poor old Harry will get all the flak and just doesn’t deserve it . Really feel for him

I hope i'm wrong because he's a class act on and off the pitch and always has been. But i'm not convinced of his longevity at the top level as some. Again, i hope he does play for years at the same standard and its with us. My view certainy isnt based on 1 missed penalty, he's been great this tournament. More just watching him over the last 18 months or so and seeing his first 100 prem goals on Sky a while back. Massive difference in strength, speed and finishing(not quick then but not slow either). He's still quality at the moment though and doesnt deserve any grief.
yea exactly, theres a massive difference from the kane now to the one that was holding off <removed>s when he was bursting onto the scene (5-3 chelasea). hes been this kane for a while now, hes adapted for longevity. i cant see how his games going to change much in the next 4 years. at 36+ then yea fair enough the legs will be significantly weaker then, like what ronaldo is going through now he cant even keep the ball in simple situations as his legs are just slow to react. different kind of era but sheringham played in the prem till he was 40...all brain power. kanes got that intellect. hes got a good 5 years left of being a force in the prem.

Am Irish myself personally would have liked England to have won don't understand people at home following teams in England all year and then being so anti English when they play an international match .Most have no interest in our own league either but some get very upset when their team in England lose a match .

Yeah hopefully. I think he can still be quality. A bit like Sheringham who went on and on.

Giroud is also showing he can do it at 36 as a 9. Kane doesn't have to drop deep as he ages, if he has quick players around him.
thats it. he needs better players around him. tonight and many times for us especially when kulu isnt playing, hes starved of proper service. he drops deep out of frustration of not seeing the ball. if that boring twat started grealish at all then kane could actually be a 9 because the balls coming to him in the box, he doesnt have to drop deep to try and get things going.

service was poor. that time he rolled that donkey was a simple pass to his feet ffs, hes having to work with the most basic of service. he needs grealish when he plays for england as hell carve up good chances for him. saka just a waste of space, there out of sympathy or because hes some nice boy or some weak shit. goal came from him being soft.

feel for kane tonight, too much pressure on him and it shouldnt of been like that. england have foden, grealish and maddison. all big players who are capable of performing on the biggest stage, yet that boring ugly cunt of a manager doesnt even play two of them. gutless. get what you deserve when thats your manager, weak as it gets.

3 in midfield was unnecessary, that french team are not good at all. defo didnt warrant 3 in midfield. rice and bellingham would of been enough.

just hoping modric and perisic win it now. modric deserves it.
Southgate always goes with caution. I think we did have to try to nullify mbappe which in fairness I think we did but with the ball we had to be braver. I think you get that with the likes of maddison and grealish I agree. Sterling showed what a load of shit he is again and I think we need to start utilising our more creative players more now.

Back
Top Bottom