Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'll come back to you if Son is nominated for PL POTS, or makes the PL TOTY as decided by the players, journalists and coaches. Which so far, he absolutely won't be. So one article by fucking ESPN means nothing to me, or anyone else.
You've been saying that Son's been very poor over the last month or so

So how did he get an official nomination for PL player of the month?

Is it just BS now that it's Son we're talking about and not Kane?

Hes talking about son this season
Yeah Son's putting up goals, xAssists just like Kane did last season

But the narrative from a lot of Kane fans is that Son is having a very poor season while Kane was one of the best players in the world last season.

They output per game is almost identical.

Son This Season
Non Pen Goals Per App: 0.47
xAssists Per App: 0.20
Non Pen Shot Conversion: 18%
Goals above xG: +1.0

Kane Last Season
Non Pen Goals Per App: 0.54
xAssists Per App: 0.22
No n Pen Shot Conversion: 13%
Goals above xG: +0

You've been saying that Son's been very poor over the last month or so

So how did he get an official nomination for PL player of the month?

Is it just BS now that it's Son we're talking about and not Kane?

No I haven't. I've said he's been disappointed performance wise THIS SEASON. Over the last month in particular, he and Kane have stepped it up a bit in the league. Especially in terms of goal/assist contributions. I thought Son was poor vs Watford & Southampton but aside from that did his job relatively well.

And again, talk to me when at the end of this season, the journalists, coaches and players all think Son is worth being included as a player of the year nominee.

No I haven't. I've said he's been disappointed performance wise THIS SEASON. Over the last month in particular, he and Kane have stepped it up a bit in the league. Especially in terms of goal/assist contributions. I thought Son was poor vs Watford & Southampton but aside from that did his job relatively well.

And again, talk to me when at the end of this season, the journalists, coaches and players all think Son is worth being included as a player of the year nominee.
In 18/19, Son was better than Kane's "arguably best season" because journalists, coaches and players ranked Son higher than Kane.

So peak Son (18/19) > peak Kane (20/21)

2019 Ballon Dor Rankings
#22 - Heung Min Son

2021 Ballon Dor Rankings
#23 - Harry Kane

That's how this works right?

In 18/19, Son was better than Kane's "arguably best season" because journalists, coaches and players ranked Son higher than Kane.

So peak Son (18/19) > peak Kane (20/21)

2019 Ballon Dor Rankings
#22 - Heung Min Son

2021 Ballon Dor Rankings
#23 - Harry Kane

That's how this works right?

Ballon d or ratings are based almost entirely on what a player does in Europe/international tournaments, so we had a CL run then and Son did well so was higher in the rankings. Ballon d or doesn't give a fuck about domestic performances.

TOTY/POTS contender is based on votes from players who actually played alongside or against the players they're voting for, so they're best placed to know who was doing well.

So what did Kane do last season that was great other than goals / assists

Do you even realise just how fucking stupid you sound? Goals and assists are, you know, quite important for any forward player. It's like asking what did Mr. Kipling do other than make cakes? While talking about cakes. He did his fucking job.

I've tried to give you the benefit of the doubt a few times now but eventually you always come out with absolute nonsense which puts you on the same level as sammyspurs. So you can go and join in him in the wonderful kingdom of Ignored.

I'm really frustrated that he keeps criticizing Kane and makes good points that I can't refute. I'll pretend that he was abusive and try to get others on board so he can get carded. That'll teach him!
Don’t believe I made you call anyone morons. That’s abusive, I’m afraid.

Own it and apologise. We all know you support Woolwich btw, so just come out and admit it.

On an absolute honest note though, I genuinely don’t think you have ever made ANY good points on this forum. I genuinely mean that btw. I think Ahab is a more intelligent poster than you.

Deal with it.

Yeah Son's putting up goals, xAssists just like Kane did last season

But the narrative from a lot of Kane fans is that Son is having a very poor season while Kane was one of the best players in the world last season.

They output per game is almost identical.

Son This Season
Non Pen Goals Per App: 0.47
xAssists Per App: 0.20
Non Pen Shot Conversion: 18%
Goals above xG: +1.0

Kane Last Season
Non Pen Goals Per App: 0.54
xAssists Per App: 0.22
No n Pen Shot Conversion: 13%
Goals above xG: +0
Is son competing for golden boot or assists?
If his stats are better than kanes last season he should be

Do you even realise just how fucking stupid you sound? Goals and assists are, you know, quite important for any forward player. It's like asking what did Mr. Kipling do other than make cakes? While talking about cakes. He did his fucking job.

I've tried to give you the benefit of the doubt a few times now but eventually you always come out with absolute nonsense which puts you on the same level as sammyspurs. So you can go and join in him in the wonderful kingdom of Ignored.
No. He doesn’t realise. That’s the problem.

Ballon d or ratings are based almost entirely on what a player does in Europe/international tournaments, so we had a CL run then and Son did well so was higher in the rankings. Ballon d or doesn't give a fuck about domestic performances.

TOTY/POTS contender is based on votes from players who actually played alongside or against the players they're voting for, so they're best placed to know who was doing well.
Ohh so noww the most honorable football award doesn't matter anymore because Son was ranked higher than Kane. It's pick and choose which ones matter right? And hold on, didn't Kane make it to the Euro Final and finish 2nd in goals in that tournament? This must all be rigged against Kane right?

Also, I'm sure Suarez was higher in 2021 because of his amazing runs in the Champions League and the Copa America.

Do you even realise just how fucking stupid you sound? Goals and assists are, you know, quite important for any forward player.
Do you even know why I said that?

I was responding to Deuterz Deuterz who said that Son was having a poor season despite having goals and assists.

See below.

BTW stop freaking out whenever there's something remotely negative written about Kane

having goals & assists isn't absolutely everything in football.

You’re not answering the question though.
He said what did Kane do that was significantly better than Son last season?

He scored 6 more PL goals than Son
Kane took 4 penalties and Son 1, so just 3 more open play goals

And 4 more assists, that basically came in one game when we hammered Southampton

Back
Top Bottom