Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And I guarantee most statistical analysts who record something as a 'big chance' wouldn't refer to every big chance as immediately being a sitter.
Just saying stuff with no basis doesn’t make you right though.
It’s defined clearly as a big chance missed.

You’re confusing sitter with open goal I’m afraid. A tap in can still be with a keeper to beat.

Yes, it’s defined under big chance missed

A big chance is:

A situation where a player should reasonably be expected to score, usually in a one on one scenario or from very close range when the ball has a clear path to goal and there is low to moderate pressure on the shooter. Penalties are always considered big chances.

That’s a sitter if you get football

Oh sorry, I don't get football like you do. You get it so much you think you know better than Conte, so why am I even bothering?

It's entirely up to personal definition, so you can bleat as much as you like. A really good chance to score isn't a sitter. A sitter is a chance you'd expect a player to score with his eyes closed. The chance he had to score from the Alli pass doesn't qualify for that, the header does.

Now this is (once again) boring the shit out of me, so au revoir.

Kane was just bang average last season.
Just stop. Please, just stop.

img

But I enjoyed watching Kane last season because of his hold up play, his brilliant diagonal balls, his all round passing game, he was playing well aside from goals & assists.
Harry was so brilliant that we finished 7th in the League, our worst finish in over 10 years.

Kane wasn't bang average last season - as decided by the coaches, journalists and players who watched him play, or played against him. Your opinion is based purely on limited statistical analyis, those who know best disagree. You're welcome to still think as you wish, but don't expect me to.
Son has been shit this season. I don't care what coaches, journalists and players who watched him play or played against him say. Even if most of them put him in their top 11 this season, it's irrelevant because Kane's not in there.

Harry was so brilliant that we finished 7th in the League, our worst finish in over 10 years.

Son has been shit this season. I don't care what coaches, journalists and players who watched him play or played against him say. Even if most of them put him in their top 11 this season, it's irrelevant because Kane's not in there.

Made up

Yeah, no team has ever had a player having a great individual season whilst the team isn't doing well. What an argument.

Erm, Son hasn't been voted for in the PL toty by his peers, nor most journalists, nor any coaches. You've linked me a fucking ESPN article. Most TOTS so far suggestions I've seen from pundits/journalists don't have him in it at all.

I also haven't said Son's been shit this season, just poor by his standards. He's had some shit games and some good ones, and a lot of mediocre ones in between, but he's still getting goals/assists so well done to him.

Again, it's really not hard to grasp. If other people think Son has done well overall, then that's fine by me, he has the stats thus far to back it up. But most people seem to be disappointed with his performances, which suggests maybe just exceeding xG and having goals & assists isn't absolutely everything in football.

Headline goals and assists numbers are deceiving

Son This Season
Non Pen Goals Per App: 0.47
xAssists Per App: 0.20
Non Pen Shot Conversion: 18%
Goals above xG: +1.0

Kane Last Season
Non Pen Goals Per App: 0.54
xAssists Per App: 0.22
No n Pen Shot Conversion: 13%
Goals above xG: +0
If sons stats are better this season shouldnt he score and assist more than kane did last season and be in the running for golden boat so 👍

Headline goals and assists numbers are deceiving

Son This Season
Non Pen Goals Per App: 0.47
xAssists Per App: 0.20
Non Pen Shot Conversion: 18%
Goals above xG: +1.0

Kane Last Season
Non Pen Goals Per App: 0.54
xAssists Per App: 0.22
No n Pen Shot Conversion: 13%
Goals above xG: +0
P E E D O

Just stop. Please, just stop.

img
The whole thread summed up

Kane was shit last season

' He won golden boot and top assists'

Kane is greedy and only out for himself winning personal trophies.

His goals help the team

'We finished seventh and some random striker we'll never name will fill in'

Its not easy score in premier league and its his first bad spell.

'Goals against anyone below 6th dont count'

But most people seem to be disappointed with his performances, which suggests maybe just exceeding xG and having goals & assists isn't absolutely everything in football.
So what did Kane do last season that was great other than goals / assists and how can you prove that he did? Maybe your eyes are deceiving you when it comes to Kane like the Korean Son fans.

Yeah, no team has ever had a player having a great individual season whilst the team isn't doing well. What an argument.
He didn't have a great individual season though. He scored 3 more non pen goals than Son but took double the amount of shots. He wasn't efficient at all.

Erm, Son hasn't been voted for in the PL toty by his peers, nor most journalists, nor any coaches. You've linked me a fucking ESPN article. Most TOTS so far suggestions I've seen from pundits/journalists don't have him in it at all.
ESPN doesn't count because Son's on it. If Kane was on it I'd be much happier.

Also, Son's form has been terrible the last month or two. I'm not sure why he was nominated for the PL player of the month. That shouldn't count.

So what did Kane do last season that was great other than goals / assists and how can you prove that he did? Maybe your eyes are deceiving you when it comes to Kane like the Korean Son fans.

He didn't have a great individual season though. He scored 3 more non pen goals than Son but took double the amount of shots. He wasn't efficient at all.

Also, Son's form has been terrible the last month or two. I'm not sure why he was nominated for the PL player of the month. That shouldn't count.

I'll come back to you if Son is nominated for PL POTS, or makes the PL TOTY as decided by the players, journalists and coaches. Which so far, he absolutely won't be. So one article by fucking ESPN means nothing to me, or anyone else.

What did kane do other than score goals and assist last season???? WOW

Back
Top Bottom