Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was our best player only last season. As I've said before, you're about as much of a Tottenham fan as Piers Morgan at the end of the day. Probably one of those weird Son supporters that are fucking annoying.
I'm not a Spurs supporter because I don't rate Kane as highly as you and think we're better off without him when the stats over the past 3 yrs show that our results are better without him?

If I'm not mistaken, a team is supposed to play better and get better results with their best player, not without.

Fanboys/apologists these days are ridiculous lol

Last edited:
I'm not a Spurs supporter because I don't rate Kane as highly as you and think we're better off without him when the stats over the past 3 yrs show that our results are better without him?

If I'm not mistaken, a team is supposed to play better and get better results with their best player, not without.

Fanboys/apologists these days are ridiculous lol
Where do you think we would of finished last season without he's goal/assist count?

Just remember who would likely go no to be the club's top scorer ever if it wasn't for the shit around him and also in charge of the club.

Shit around him? Kane had prime Jen, Toby, Erickson and Dembelle and Son! And many other players who carried their weight at times enough to be deserved members of the champions team.

Where do you think we would of finished last season without he's goal/assist count?
It’s tough to say because without Kane, our style of play and tactics would have been much different. We would have found a way to play without him and could have finished higher than 7th in my honest opinion. Just look at what we did during the first couple PL games without Kane - two victories.

I’ve posted stats before showing that over the past three years, we have performed better when Kane is not playing, as long as Son is playing. I don’t think it’s a coincidence at all.

Harry’s shooting ability is beyond world-class: he is arguably the world’s best sniper, certainly in the very top tier. Similarly his vision and ability to pick a pass out are also world-class: it is what makes him so lethal when he drops a bit deeper to receive the ball.

But for all of those skills, Harry’s biggest weakness is his speed, in two different dimensions: he has neither speed nor quickness. I would rate him as not just average, but below average in both of these areas for an elite attacker. The upshot of this, IMO, is that his ability to literally grab a game and take it over is much more limited than you might expect from an attacker of his caliber. If he’s not getting service from midfielders, he will not score; and when he does not have wingers making smart runs that he can feed, he will not assist. He will disappear.

Excellent post.

Said it before many times but will say it again even if the fanboys don't want to hear it. As the squad currently stands, we are better off without Kane and using the proceeds to invest in other areas of the squad. His value is only going to continually diminish. For those that have blinders on, I've broken down his game into simple and objective pros/cons for you to understand:

Pros
-One of the best in the world with the ball at his feet in and around the box - not many do it better
-Good passer of the ball for a striker that can operate as an above average #10/false 9 for short periods of time if needed
-Good in the air when he's unmarked - rarely misses open headers
-Decent at holding the ball up and link up play
-When he's fit and plays for the team, his defensive work is second to none for a striker

Cons
-Lacks pace and mobility which in many ways, prevents him from getting service. We often hear complaints from the fanboys saying he doesn't get service. A big part of getting good service requires the attacking player to quickly move into dangerous/open areas. Kane's lack of pace and mobility makes is relatively easy for PL defenders to mark him when he does not have the ball at his feet in and around the box
-Slow/lethargic in counter attacking situations - again, lack of pace is a big issue
-While he's a good passer of the ball, he's probably not mobile/physical enough nor has enough endurance to be converted into a full time #10 and/or #8
-His off the ball movement is often poor. If you watch truly world class strikers they are constantly moving around with quickness and cleverness
-He doesn't have the physicality/strength like he used to - just watch his performances from 4-5 years ago vs now. He regularly gets physically bulled by bigger/stronger Premier League defenders
-Below average dribbler of the ball - has a hard time beating defenders on the dribble even in 1v1 situations. Has virtually no tricks/moves to take on defenders and creating something from nothing.

With all this said, having 1 or 2 prime Eriksen type of of creative midfielders would mitigate any of the issues Kane has in his game as they'll be able to put the ball in Kane's feet, in and around the box. However, at this point in time, we do not have those type of players so Kane's issues as a player is becoming very apparent. To make matters worse, it doesn't ever look like Levy will do what is necessary to bring those caliber players into the team nor would those players want to join a squad playing in the ECL.
Spot on mate.

Said it before many times but will say it again even if the fanboys don't want to hear it. As the squad currently stands, we are better off without Kane and using the proceeds to invest in other areas of the squad. His value is only going to continually diminish. For those that have blinders on, I've broken down his game into simple and objective pros/cons for you to understand:

Pros
-One of the best in the world with the ball at his feet in and around the box - not many do it better
-Good passer of the ball for a striker that can operate as an above average #10/false 9 for short periods of time if needed
-When he's fit and plays for the team, his defensive work is second to none for a striker

Cons
-Lacks pace and mobility which in many ways, prevents him from getting service. We often hear complaints from the fanboys saying he doesn't get service. A big part of getting good service requires the attacking player to quickly move into dangerous/open areas. Kane's lack of pace and mobility makes is relatively easy for PL defenders to mark him when he does not have the ball at his feet in and around the box
-Slow/lethargic in counter attacking situations - again, lack of pace is a big issue
-While he's a good passer of the ball, he's probably not mobile/physical enough nor has enough endurance to be converted into a full time #10 and/or #8
-His off the ball movement is often poor. If you watch truly world class strikers they are constantly moving around with quickness and cleverness
-He doesn't have the physicality/strength like he used to - just watch his performances from 4-5 years ago vs now. He regularly gets physically bulled by bigger/stronger Premier League defenders
-Below average dribbler of the ball - has a hard time beating defenders on the dribble even in 1v1 situations. Has virtually no tricks/moves to take on defenders and creating something from nothing.

With all this said, having 1 or 2 prime Eriksen type of of creative midfielders would mitigate any of the issues Kane has in his game as they'll be able to put the ball in Kane's feet, in and around the box. However, at this point in time, we do not have those type of players so Kane's issues as a player is becoming very apparent. To make matters worse, it doesn't ever look like Levy will do what is necessary to bring those caliber players into the team nor would those players want to join a squad playing in the ECL.

Good post.

Shit around him? Kane had prime Jen, Toby, Erickson and Dembelle and Son! And many other players who carried their weight at times enough to be deserved members of the champions team.

I'm talking about now. The present. Not years ago. Kane wouldn't have wanted to leave in the first place if we still had that sort of quality.

He's a world-class player with too many average players around him, Son excluded. He deserves better than the team we have now after all the goals he's scored for our club.

Last edited:
It’s tough to say because without Kane, our style of play and tactics would have been much different. We would have found a way to play without him and could have finished higher than 7th in my honest opinion. Just look at what we did during the first couple PL games without Kane - two victories.

I’ve posted stats before showing that over the past three years, we have performed better when Kane is not playing, as long as Son is playing. I don’t think it’s a coincidence at all.

You're deluded. Like seriously. Seek help.

Pros

Cons

So you're insisting that one of the best players in the world has more cons than pros.

Madness. At least the weird Son supporters here that don't actually support Tottenham will like your post.

Last edited:
I'm talking about now. The present. Not years ago. Kane wouldn't have wanted to leave in the first place if we still had that sort of quality.

He's a world-class player with too many average players around him, Son excluded. He deserves better than the team we have now after all the goals he's scored for our club.

So essentially you are agreeing with KaneDomBadBoy KaneDomBadBoy here, as the only way that will happen is for him to move to another club.

You both may not agree on the value of Kane and on how good he is, but you almost agree on the end goal.

Back
Top Bottom