Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As I stated previously, the folly on our part is not having the option to bench Kane, without fear thst the whole edifice will come crumbling down.

That is either as a result of tiredness, loss of form or disinterest and lack of commitment.

I just don't know how we are getting this situation so wrong, especially as you did not need to be Nostradamus to see how the summer and Kane's intent would pan out.

No big club or one that makes that claim has one striker. Just pathetic and that is NOT Kane's fault.

Without question, Kane slows the play down massively. He actually doesnt seem that physically fit at the moment either.

Son is outperforming Kane at the moment so his loss is going to be big for us.

No t necessarily down to Kane though, because he does not have to always be involved in the build-up play.

And there is no excuse because our players are not the worst.

Yesterday was really poor but you don't need to create 13 chances to win 4 games, clearly.

No t necessarily down to Kane though, because he does not have to always be involved in the build-up play.

And there is no excuse because our players are not the worst.

Yesterday was really poor but you don't need to create 13 chances to win 4 games, clearly.
I but it down to a bad day after a lot of changes to the first team rather than a real cause for concern some are calling. People now want Nuno gone after his first prem loss and just winning manager of the month. Give the guy some time ffs.

As for Kane, his heart doesn't look and I don't think ever will be in it again for us. At his very best, he still had many games he would go missing for and I mean drop off the game so it was like having 10 men at times. Right now he's very slow because he needs to up his fitness and he doesn't seem as motivated.

Harry’s shooting ability is beyond world-class: he is arguably the world’s best sniper, certainly in the very top tier. Similarly his vision and ability to pick a pass out are also world-class: it is what makes him so lethal when he drops a bit deeper to receive the ball.

But for all of those skills, Harry’s biggest weakness is his speed, in two different dimensions: he has neither speed nor quickness. I would rate him as not just average, but below average in both of these areas for an elite attacker. The upshot of this, IMO, is that his ability to literally grab a game and take it over is much more limited than you might expect from an attacker of his caliber. If he’s not getting service from midfielders, he will not score; and when he does not have wingers making smart runs that he can feed, he will not assist. He will disappear.
Spot on. Unfortunately he seems unwilling to work really hard at his weaknesses. He seems like a big baby. Not particularly endearing.

Kane just doesn't look fully fit yet.
He seems rusty.

This happens every season just because this year he started the season much later.

We need him to play better.

What I have noticed is that even when he plays for England he seems to have lost that yard of pace and that willingness to press , challenge the opponent etc that he had years ago. IMO I think he's become far too afraid of getting injuries so his overall game has become slightly weaker.

Anyway yesterday was simply not good enough. He had no service true but he needs to make more of a difference and help the team. Even when we were 11 v 11 he did nowhere near enough. Hopefully he's dissapointed in himself and improves next time out.

I think you can improve though. Otherwise why would athletes train?

Sprinters are drilled in technique from childhood and hone their physiques accordingly as they enter adulthood. As they physically mature, they practice in search of fractions of a second improvements......

You can't train someone to be fast when they're not... Look at H's frame; hardly a Bolt-type is he?

Sprinters also don't accumulate wear and tear from being kicked and knocked to the ground every week.... Which is logically why H isn't as quick as he was 4/5 years ago.

Kane just doesn't look fully fit yet.
He seems rusty.

This happens every season just because this year he started the season much later.

We need him to play better.

What I have noticed is that even when he plays for England he seems to have lost that yard of pace and that willingness to press , challenge the opponent etc that he had years ago. IMO I think he's become far too afraid of getting injuries so his overall game has become slightly weaker.

Anyway yesterday was simply not good enough. He had no service true but he needs to make more of a difference and help the team. Even when we were 11 v 11 he did nowhere near enough. Hopefully he's dissapointed in himself and improves next time out.

Good post.

Harry will have been gutted not to get the move he may think his chance has gone and he knows our team is not good enough to really challenge i know he is under contract but he is human so it should be no real surprise he is down . I know many will say he made his bed but sometimes easy for fans to say that we can wait longer than him for something i suppose .

Kane took a lot of big hits from the poles on wednesday night think that he was still feeling the pain from those hits
think if he's looking round at the last 4 matches bet he wishes he had stayed on extra long holiday

Said it before many times but will say it again even if the fanboys don't want to hear it. As the squad currently stands, we are better off without Kane and using the proceeds to invest in other areas of the squad. His value is only going to continually diminish. For those that have blinders on, I've broken down his game into simple and objective pros/cons for you to understand:

Pros
-One of the best in the world with the ball at his feet in and around the box - not many do it better
-Good passer of the ball for a striker that can operate as an above average #10/false 9 for short periods of time if needed
-Good in the air when he's unmarked - rarely misses open headers
-Decent at holding the ball up and link up play
-When he's fit and plays for the team, his defensive work is second to none for a striker

Cons
-Lacks pace and mobility which in many ways, prevents him from getting service. We often hear complaints from the fanboys saying he doesn't get service. A big part of getting good service requires the attacking player to quickly move into dangerous/open areas. Kane's lack of pace and mobility makes is relatively easy for PL defenders to mark him when he does not have the ball at his feet in and around the box
-Slow/lethargic in counter attacking situations - again, lack of pace is a big issue
-While he's a good passer of the ball, he's probably not mobile/physical enough nor has enough endurance to be converted into a full time #10 and/or #8
-His off the ball movement is often poor. If you watch truly world class strikers they are constantly moving around with quickness and cleverness
-He doesn't have the physicality/strength like he used to - just watch his performances from 4-5 years ago vs now. He regularly gets physically bulled by bigger/stronger Premier League defenders
-Below average dribbler of the ball - has a hard time beating defenders on the dribble even in 1v1 situations. Has virtually no tricks/moves to take on defenders and creating something from nothing.

With all this said, having 1 or 2 prime Eriksen type of of creative midfielders would mitigate any of the issues Kane has in his game as they'll be able to put the ball in Kane's feet, in and around the box. However, at this point in time, we do not have those type of players so Kane's issues as a player is becoming very apparent. To make matters worse, it doesn't ever look like Levy will do what is necessary to bring those caliber players into the team nor would those players want to join a squad playing in the ECL.

Last edited:
the transition between midfield and attacking is terrible 433 with locelso and ndoembele on either side and hojberg in the middle or locelso or ndombele at the top and holjberg and skipp on either side winks skipp or holjberg rarely joins in attack or knits passes to the attacking 3 so you have only three people in attack at best if Kane moura and dele drops back to receive the ball there is only two people in attack thats crazy... thats why erikksen was so important he knits the transition between attack and midfield then actually joins the attack.

Said it before many times but will say it again even if the fanboys don't want to hear it. As the squad currently stands, we are better off without Kane and using the proceeds to invest in other areas of the squad. His value is only going to continually diminish. For those that have blinders on, I've broken down his game into simple and objective pros/cons for you to understand:

Pros
-One of the best in the world with the ball at his feet in and around the box - not many do it better
-Good passer of the ball for a striker that can operate as an above average #10/false 9 for short periods of time if needed
-Good in the air when he's unmarked - rarely misses open headers
-Decent at holding the ball up and link up play
-When he's fit and plays for the team, his defensive work is second to none for a striker

Cons
-Lacks pace and mobility which in many ways, prevents him from getting service. We often hear complaints from the fanboys saying he doesn't get service. A big part of getting good service requires the attacking player to quickly move into dangerous/open areas. Kane's lack of pace and mobility makes is relatively easy for PL defenders to mark him when he does not have the ball at his feet in and around the box
-Slow/lethargic in counter attacking situations - again, lack of pace is a big issue
-While he's a good passer of the ball, he's probably not mobile/physical enough nor has enough endurance to be converted into a full time #10 and/or #8
-His off the ball movement is often poor. If you watch truly world class strikers they are constantly moving around with quickness and cleverness
-He doesn't have the physicality/strength like he used to - just watch his performances from 4-5 years ago vs now. He regularly gets physically bulled by bigger/stronger Premier League defenders
-Below average dribbler of the ball - has a hard time beating defenders on the dribble even in 1v1 situations. Has virtually no tricks/moves to take on defenders and creating something from nothing.

With all this said, having 1 or 2 prime Eriksen type of of creative midfielders would mitigate any of the issues Kane has in his game as they'll be able to put the ball in Kane's feet, in and around the box. However, at this point in time, we do not have those type of players so Kane's issues as a player is becoming very apparent. To make matters worse, it doesn't ever look like Levy will do what is necessary to bring those caliber players into the team nor would those players want to join a squad playing in the
Stop behaving like a child please you don't have to say the samething a million times we get your point some of us don't agree with you so live with it.

Lads the problem is not Kane, it’s a lack of creativity in midfield. Yesterday we had no one making that quality forward pass or decent ball in from the wings. We had three workhorses in that midfield and nothing more

Back
Top Bottom