Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Too me it's ridiculous however good he is doing someone is always better than him

Individually he is better than Mbappe but just remember Mbappe has 90 speed on Fifa so the kids won't agree

Individually he is better than Lewandowski, just remember the league he plays in gets dominated by young players from the championship/youth team players, put him in this league he doesn't get as many

Too me it's ridiculous however good he is doing someone is always better than him

Individually he is better than Mbappe but just remember Mbappe has 90 speed on Fifa so the kids won't agree

Individually he is better than Lewandowski, just remember the league he plays in gets dominated by young players from the championship/youth team players, put him in this league he doesn't get as many

His all round game now is miles better than Lewandowski's. I don't think anybody can sensibly debate that. The only striker I can think of who's all round game is as good as Harry's is Karim Benzema, and even he can't pass the ball as well as HK.

His all round game now is miles better than Lewandowski's. I don't think anybody can sensibly debate that. The only striker I can think of who's all round game is as good as Harry's is Karim Benzema, and even he can't pass the ball as well as HK.
Harsh on the Pole who is miles better than Kane in running the back line and holding the ball up IMO. Yes Kane can drop off and run a game from 10 but RL has an incredible touch and is a menace not just a tap in merchant

Harsh on the Pole who is miles better than Kane in running the back line and holding the ball up IMO. Yes Kane can drop off and run a game from 10 but RL has an incredible touch and is a menace not just a tap in merchant

Running the back line. Sure. He's considerably quicker. Holding the ball up? I don't see that. I think Kane is excellent at holding the ball up and bringing others into play. Maybe Lewandowski is an even better natural finisher than Kane, but I think Harry has more to his game. He also scores his goals in the most difficult competition in Europe, and for what has to be said a lesser club. Lewandowski's goals throughout his career have largely come in Austria and Germany. That's not to say he wouldn't score plenty in England or elsewhere though. They're both elite, but overall I think Kane is the better of the two at his best. Though they could no doubt play together no problem.

Running the back line. Sure. He's considerably quicker. Holding the ball up? I don't see that. I think Kane is excellent at holding the ball up and bringing others into play. Maybe Lewandowski is an even better natural finisher than Kane, but I think Harry has more to his game. He also scores his goals in the most difficult competition in Europe. Lewandowski's goals throughout his career have largely come in Austria and Germany.
Agree Kane has more to his game but Lewandowski is incredible at occupying centre backs and taking the ball into feet. Class act as is Kane!

Agree Kane has more to his game but Lewandowski is incredible at occupying centre backs and taking the ball into feet. Class act as is Kane!

They're different in the qualities they have other than both being incredible finishers. But I wouldn't swap Harry for Lewa. I would have no problem any Bayern fans saying the opposite.

Funny how Spurs fans think Kane's some kind of god yet the best offer we get for him is 75 million + add ons lol

Either that's what the market values him at or Levy is the worst negotiator/seller of players in the PL

I can guarantee you that Mbappe and/or Haaland would get hounded with 150 million offers immediately after they do interviews w Neville announcing they want to leave the club

We can say Kane is this and that but ultimately, if you believe money talks then other teams do not rate Kane as highly as Spurs fans

Football/athletics is the ultimate form of capitalism - if there's a good product/player out there, it will get found and someone will pay up

Funny how Spurs fans think Kane's some kind of god yet the best offer we get for him is 75 million + add ons lol

Either that's what the market values him at or Levy is the worst negotiator/seller of players in the PL

I can guarantee you that Mbappe and/or Haaland would get hounded with 150 million offers immediately after they do interviews w Neville announcing they want to leave the club

We can say Kane is this and that but ultimately, if you believe money talks then other teams do not rate Kane as highly as Spurs fans

Football/athletics is the ultimate form of capitalism - if there's a good product/player out there, it will get found and someone will pay up
You're conveniently forgetting the condition of the market following nigh on 2 years of austerity.

At this point in time, there are maybe 4 clubs in World Football who could afford to pay what he's worth, 3 of them in England.
Chelsea we simply wouldn't sell him to regardless of the offer, Utd had already shelled out a shitload on Sancho and Varane and, in truth, would be apprehensive about buying from us as they know we'd rape them. That leaves City or PSG. Can you honestly see him going to the French league?

So City then. But they tried underhand tactics for, imo, the sole reason that the Arab owner wanted to get one over on the Jewish owner.

The "market," as you put it, is currently fucked. It's even more fucked for Kane as he won't leave England, he wants that Prem record.

The "market," as you put it, is currently fucked. It's even more fucked for Kane as he won't leave England, he wants that Prem record.
Grealish and Lukaku all got offers that more or less matched expectations. Most would argue that City overpaid for Grealish.

Separately, regarding Kane's desire to stay in the PL... would Kane have rejected a chance to play for Real Madrid, PSG or Barcelona if an offer actually came at any point during his career? I guess we'd never know because Kane has never been a real target for any of those 'elite' teams outside of the PL.

Also, sticking within the PL... it's interesting how Utd has shown 0 interest in Kane despite them needing a long term striker solution. They've opted to go with a 37 year old that isn't going to come cheap. I believe if they really rated Kane, they would have made a move for him and paid up. It's not like they are scared to spend money.

Last edited:
I’m just glad he put the BS to rest before the window shut. This last week would have been a nightmare if he hadn’t said anything.

Last edited:
Grealish and Lukaku all got offers that more or less matched expectations. Most would argue that City overpaid for Grealish.

Separately, regarding Kane's desire to stay in the PL... would Kane have rejected a chance to play for Real Madrid, PSG or Barcelona if an offer actually came at any point during his career? I guess we'd never know because Kane has never been a real target for any of those 'elite' teams outside of the PL.

Also, sticking within the PL... it's interesting how Utd has shown 0 interest in Kane despite them needing a long term striker solution. They've opted to go with a 37 year old that isn't going to come cheap. I believe if they really rated Kane, they would have made a move for him and paid up. It's not like they are scared to spend money.
Agreed on Grealish and Lukaku.

Whether Kane would or wouldn't have gone to one of the other 3 is irrelevant, we're talking about now, and only PSG could afford him.

He's not going to France, that much I think we can all agree on, he wants trophies, but not two Bob ones.

Utd is fairly easy. They got the message with Bale. If you want our star player, we'll make your eyes bleed with the payment. City simply didn't get the memo.

Utd know the score, they'd never shell out £200M, and they know that's the price they'd have to pay, Levy has raped them on price far too often for them to have any illusions about how deep they'd have to dig, no matter how much Gary Neville "thought" they could get him for.

Running the back line. Sure. He's considerably quicker. Holding the ball up? I don't see that. I think Kane is excellent at holding the ball up and bringing others into play. Maybe Lewandowski is an even better natural finisher than Kane, but I think Harry has more to his game. He also scores his goals in the most difficult competition in Europe, and for what has to be said a lesser club. Lewandowski's goals throughout his career have largely come in Austria and Germany. That's not to say he wouldn't score plenty in England or elsewhere though. They're both elite, but overall I think Kane is the better of the two at his best. Though they could no doubt play together no problem.
Lewandowski has never played in Austria

I could explain that transfer value is about age / contract length / salary but frankly you wouldn't understand so why bother.

I could explain that transfer value is about age / contract length / salary but frankly you wouldn't understand so why bother.
Lucocku was sold for 100 million while the highest bid for Kane was 75 million plus add ons

They are the same age

They have/had the same contract length

They both have/had a 200k a week salary

And another guy named Jill Grealish who Levy wouldn't spend even 40 million for a couple years ago just sold for 100 million

What am I missing?

Last edited:
Whether other clubs value Kane isn't even a debate.

Man City targeted Kane to the extent they didn't go for Messi, Haaland, or Lukaku in this window. Pep, for all his flaws, understands football better than most.
Pep sure does know football so he readily spends 100 million for Grealish and quickly gets a deal done but at the same time, complains to the media how Levy wouldn't sell Kane for 75 million + change.

Even the big spending Pep/City didn't want to give Kane Grealish/Lukaku money when Kane was begging on his knees for them to take him...

Back
Top Bottom