Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

At least you said "Kane and some others" and not just Kane I suppose.

As of now we have zero chance. Average manager. Average squad. Same wank stain of a chairman. And our best player wants out.
Of course it's Kane and others, one player does not make or break a team or a game. Kane just stands out more because he's the best striker in the league, England's captain and 3x gold boot winner. He just disappears in big games like our other stars have at times.

I just don't understand how someone can side with Kane and try making this Levy's fault? Levy has a lot of faults but Kane wanting out is not on him. New stadium, COVID stopping fans from coming, but Levy still spent money on a big name manager who has won everywhere before coming to us, extending key players and signing players (Hojbjerg, Lo Celso, Ndombele, Reguilon, Bale, Doherty) you might not like the players but he's signing who the manager at the time wants.

Kane wants out because he wants to chase an easy trophy. IMO he's going to tarnish his legacy and be just another City player to win a trophy. Nothing special.

Of course it's Kane and others, one player does not make or break a team or a game. Kane just stands out more because he's the best striker in the league, England's captain and 3x gold boot winner. He just disappears in big games like our other stars have at times.

I just don't understand how someone can side with Kane and try making this Levy's fault? Levy has a lot of faults but Kane wanting out is not on him. New stadium, COVID stopping fans from coming, but Levy still spent money on a big name manager who has won everywhere before coming to us, extending key players and signing players (Hojbjerg, Lo Celso, Ndombele, Reguilon, Bale, Doherty) you might not like the players but he's signing who the manager at the time wants.

Kane wants out because he wants to chase an easy trophy. IMO he's going to tarnish his legacy and be just another City player to win a trophy. Nothing special.

It's obviously special to him though. What you, me or anyone else thinks won't matter to him over what he thinks is best for himself. Clearly he has a desire to win trophies more than to be idolized by Tottenham fans, or breaking a goal-scoring record, knowing he's very unlikely now to win anything if he stays a Tottenham player. And which player wouldn't want to play with the likes of De Bruyne, Foden, Bernardo Silva and Grealish? These players are levels better than ours.

How would you feel in Nuno's position now?
Trying to assert yourself with your new squad. The main man not showing up or speaking with you..

When he does walk in those doors as will inevitably happen for 1 reason or another, do you greet him with open arms, suck his dick and prey for 30 goals?

Personally I would cold shoulder him. Invite him to attend a few interviews and not show up. Send him to catch up on fitness alone while focussing on the players that want to be there.

What Nuno said tonight has removed any doubt about this situation,
"First of all we need to sort the problems ourselves"

It's a problem. Not an extended holiday, isolation, misunderstanding or anything like that.
Until I heard something directly from the club I refused to fully buy in to news reports. That has now changed and I don't think I will ever think of Kane the same way again.

I feel let down.

How would you feel in Nuno's position now?
Trying to assert yourself with your new squad. The main man not showing up or speaking with you..

When he does walk in those doors as will inevitably happen for 1 reason or another, do you greet him with open arms, suck his dick and prey for 30 goals?

Personally I would cold shoulder him. Invite him to attend a few interviews and not show up. Send him to catch up on fitness alone while focussing on the players that want to be there.

What Nuno said tonight has removed any doubt about this situation,
"First of all we need to sort the problems ourselves"

It's a problem. Not an extended holiday, isolation, misunderstanding or anything like that.
Until I heard something directly from the club I refused to fully buy in to news reports. That has now changed and I don't think I will ever think of Kane the same way again.

I feel let down.

Tough job he has. I wasn’t a fan of his appointment but I think it’s best we rally round him, he is going to need our support.

Tough job he has. I wasn’t a fan of his appointment but I think it’s best we rally round him, he is going to need our support.

I have had to lower my standards to support the likes of Mourinho, Cundy, Graham & Thatcher in the past but will always support whoever represents Spurs when it comes to on field football.

Nuno will not be difficult to like & support for me.

I have had to lower my standards to support the likes of Mourinho, Cundy, Graham & Thatcher in the past but will always support whoever represents Spurs when it comes to on field football.

Nuno will not be difficult to like & support for me.
He seems like a genuine nice guy

Easy to get behind him in that sense

I think he truly has his work cut out though

It says nowhere in the article that nuno and Kane have not spoken at all. It says they need to speak about the current problem.
"I really expect to speak with Harry. I haven't had the chance yet," said Nuno

It's obviously special to him though. What you, me or anyone else thinks won't matter to him over what he thinks is best for himself. Clearly he has a desire to win trophies more than to be idolized by Tottenham fans, or breaking a goal-scoring record, knowing he's very unlikely now to win anything if he stays a Tottenham player. And which player wouldn't want to play with the likes of De Bruyne, Foden, Bernardo Silva and Grealish? These players are levels better than ours.
Who's blaming him for wanting to play at City? You're missing the point because you're an apologist.

Fact is, he's disrespected the club, fans, teammates and his country as England's captain/golden boy.

A few years from now, Kane will be just another good egotistical player that came through and played for Spurs.

Our club will always be here and be one of the most respected clubs in world football.

End of story.

"I really expect to speak with Harry. I haven't had the chance yet," said Nuno

He’s responding to a question about the current situation. He hasn’t spoken to Kane since the situation developed. It’s not clear if he hasn’t spoken to Kane since he was hired. Maybe so, but I’m not going to trust a random journalist.

He’s responding to a question about the current situation. He hasn’t spoken to Kane since the situation developed. It’s not clear if he hasn’t spoken to Kane since he was hired. Maybe so, but I’m not going to trust a random journalist.

He recently said that he would allow Kane to focus on the Euros and his holiday before attempting to make any contact.

"Now is the moment for him to recover his energy and rest. Then we can speak,"

They haven't spoken. Unless Nunos word is not to be trusted like a random journalist. I assume everything is speculative until communicated directly by the club, so I'm going to say Nuno hasn't spoken to him at all.

Back
Top Bottom