Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No bigger example of loyalty in the squad in recent years than Lloris. Could had played about anywhere and never ever did a fuss to leave us. Was for years by far the only world class player we had
Many wanted him to give up the captaincy for Kane as well.

Hugo is real captain material, Kane has proved he's a glory hunter who thinks he's bigger than the club.

29….
Point is sometimes the value is actually what someone wants to pay, same as a house or a piece of art, and something is valued at the price someone wants for it….

In Harry Kane’s situation numbers can be batted around from now in till next Christmas but if our club value him at 200m then that’s what we expect to sell him for, if someone buys him at that then that’s exactly what he’s worth, not a penny more, not a penny less…if no one pays that price then we have overpriced him….

Jeez I wouldn't want you negotiating on my behalf in a souk.
You have failed to consider if for example we listed him at £80m, United, City & Liverpool all instantly offer us £80m but Chelsea come in at £100m and PSG at £70m.

We sell him to PSG because it sends him abroad. (Apparently we accepted a lower offer than United made for Bale from Madrid). What is his value? £70m because that's what they bought him for?

It is possible to sell a player too cheap, as it's possible to secure a deal at a different price with the belief it puts the clubs best interests first.

Many wanted him to give up the captaincy for Kane as well.

Hugo is real captain material, Kane has proved he's a glory hunter who thinks he's bigger than the club.

Surely Gareth Southgate doesn't view his behaviour as setting the example he would hope for from his captain either.

He's supposed to represent England as the players leader.
Wouldn't be shocked to see Sterling end up as the national team captain on the back of this. With his Euro performances, and making a statement against the racism suffered by English players it would be a good time to appoint what I think would be England's 2nd black permanent captain after Rio Ferdinand?

Henderson probably doesn't have another major tournament left in him. Maguire more likely to get it because he plays for Man Utd.

Jeez I wouldn't want you negotiating on my behalf in a souk.
You have failed to consider if for example we listed him at £80m, United, City & Liverpool all instantly offer us £80m but Chelsea come in at £100m and PSG at £70m.

We sell him to PSG because it sends him abroad. (Apparently we accepted a lower offer than United made for Bale from Madrid). What is his value? £70m because that's what they bought him for?

It is possible to sell a player too cheap, as it's possible to secure a deal at a different price with the belief it puts the clubs best interests first.
I said a player, like a house etc is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, that is then the actual value of that asset…

I am really surprised at how quickly our fans have turned on Harry.

None of us know what’s gone on behind the scenes. Being a Spurs fan for all these years under Levy, I would first suspect that he has forced Harry down this path. This way, Levy comes out on the better end with him taking a sort of a win-win situation where if Harry pushes for a move, he destroys us fans’ affection for him and his reputation. If Harry doesn’t push hard for a move, he will have to bow down and stay how Levy wants him. It’s a lose-lose situation for Harry.
Who was the one who signed a 6 year contract that pays him tens of millions of pounds a year?

Most fans wouldn't be too upset if he just wanted to leave. The reason everyone has turned on him is because...

1. Before the end of the season when we were still playing meaningful games, he leaked to the media he wanted to leave. It undermined our run in and put Mason in a really bad spot.

2. He didn't bother to turn up to training in protest over not getting a move when not a single club has made an even close to reasonable bid for him. It's not like we're saying he can't leave under any circumstance, there's literally been no bid. So what's he achieving by not being in training?

3. Not only is he not in training, he's not even bothered to return to the country yet.

4. Not only is he not in training, he's ghosting our new manager and putting him in a really bad spot.

If he wanted a move? I think we could mostly accept it. It's the way he's acting like an utter prick about it and showing once and for all how he feels about the club. I'm no Levy defender but Harry is acting like a toddler here.

None of us know what’s gone on behind the scenes. Being a Spurs fan for all these years under Levy, I would first suspect that he has forced Harry down this path. This way, Levy comes out on the better end with him taking a sort of a win-win situation where if Harry pushes for a move, he destroys us fans’ affection for him and his reputation. If Harry doesn’t push hard for a move, he will have to bow down and stay how Levy wants him. It’s a lose-lose situation for Harry.
The team is training every day and just fought extremely hard for draw against a much better squad… and Kane is in Florida.

Igula Igula ,

How many disagrees have you dished on this thread ?

Trying to break records ? Keep going tho. Im sure Harry is proud of you. One more here please.
Live look at Igula Igula reaching for the dislike button

stephen kings it clown GIF

I really like Ally Gold but he comes off as a bit of a jerk if all these questions are from him. Start right away with a Harry question? Talk about the game first. Then Nuno says it's an internal issue and he keeps asking about Kane.

I expect that from some journalists but expected better and more respect from Gold.
Its just a transcript of the presser, each journo gets one maybe 2 questions

You forget HE SIGNED A CONTRACT he gets paid a fortune too exercise, train, play for the club that pays his wages ....

Sure he wants a move, many people in employment would like to change jobs, try going on holiday and then not turning up for work afterwards, see how your fellow employees feel about that.

If Harry quietly behind the scenes asks to move (see Ings - Grealish) but still turns up on-time and does the job he's paid for - then I'm sure 90% of fans would get that.

Behave like a spoilt, arrogant, millionaire not getting his own way - what did he expect?

Who was the one who signed a 6 year contract that pays him tens of millions of pounds a year?

Most fans wouldn't be too upset if he just wanted to leave. The reason everyone has turned on him is because...

1. Before the end of the season when we were still playing meaningful games, he leaked to the media he wanted to leave. It undermined our run in and put Mason in a really bad spot.

2. He didn't bother to turn up to training in protest over not getting a move when not a single club has made an even close to reasonable bid for him. It's not like we're saying he can't leave under any circumstance, there's literally been no bid. So what's he achieving by not being in training?

3. Not only is he not in training, he's not even bothered to return to the country yet.

4. Not only is he not in training, he's ghosting our new manager and putting him in a really bad spot.

If he wanted a move? I think we could mostly accept it. It's the way he's acting like an utter prick about it and showing once and for all how he feels about the club. I'm no Levy defender but Harry is acting like a toddler here.
I think Levy is a shrewd negotiator. When it comes to a business man like Levy negotiating a contract with a Harry Kane or his brother, I would imagine 10 times out of 10, the agreement/contract comes out in the favor of Levy.

as far as showing up for training, I’ve shared my thoughts that maybe just maybe he feels that he has to do this to force Levy’s hands. I’m sure he would prefer not to do this as he knows what this this would do to his reputation and his position with us fans. I sincerely think he felt that he had no choice with how Levy is holding his ground.

The team is training every day and just fought extremely hard for draw against a much better squad… and Kane is in Florida.
He probably feels that he had to do this or he isn’t moving on from Levy.

if he is moving on, what difference does it make if he turned up for training with the squad unless he is for sure not leaving.

You forget HE SIGNED A CONTRACT he gets paid a fortune too exercise, train, play for the club that pays his wages ....

Sure he wants a move, many people in employment would like to change jobs, try going on holiday and then not turning up for work afterwards, see how your fellow employees feel about that.

If Harry quietly behind the scenes asks to move (see Ings - Grealish) but still turns up on-time and does the job he's paid for - then I'm sure 90% of fans would get that.

Behave like a spoilt, arrogant, millionaire not getting his own way - what did he expect?
I really think it’s Levy’s game plan to make him look as bad as he does now. I don’t think he has much choice but to play this card. Levy has forced his hand and dared him to do this.

Maybe, just maybe Ings and Grealish had better guys at the management level with more integrity as compared to a snake like Levy? I for one wouldn’t trust Levy.

If Harrry does go we look like we are heading down that well trodden Road of little or no time or options of suitable replacements before the season begins .Hopefully behind the scenes they know what is really likely to happen .

I really think it’s Levy’s game plan to make him look as bad as he does now. I don’t think he has much choice but to play this card. Levy has forced his hand and dared him to do this.

Maybe, just maybe Ings and Grealish had better guys at the management level with more integrity as compared to a snake like Levy? I for one wouldn’t trust Levy.
Harry has made himself look bad by staying in Florida and not turning up for work. He is the guilty party here.

Back
Top Bottom