Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not just that, but Kane gave us 7 best years of his career. Was legend in the making. And what did Levy do to help this club to win things? When we needed players the most he didn't buy anyone. Then he sacked the manager who said we need rebuild and hire a lunatic who fucked us even more.

I reiterate, I'm not criticising the guy for wanting to move. I think it could even be mutually beneficial for both parties, just the way he's gone about it.

I just scanned Harry's interview and I don't really have a problem with it, apart from the 100m he's quoted feeling slightly low-ball.

In my opinion, Levy should hang up the phone if the informal offer is anything less than 130, and depending on the structure of the deal with the upfront guarantee versus installments, etc. it should fall no lower than 115m.

But I'm still calm and comfortable that Kane will be at the club next season.
Regarding the figure he quoted.Maybe he thought saying more would come across arrogant?

Oh how things turn around quickly.

I'm not throwing Kane under the bus because he wants to leave this club. Look at us. Shambolic in every aspect. The only thing he said he will have convo with Levy about his future.

And let's not kid ourselves like this leak was something big. We all knew it was coming for a months now.

I cannot believe how quickly you can bash someone who gave us so many memories and good years. Just because the club cannot match his ambition.
I'm sure he wanted to win with us. But this board fucked up everything Poch was building.

Sad he's leaving, but grateful for the memories. I don't hold anything against him, it's a business.
Greatpost CroSpurs CroSpurs

There is only one man responsible for our best player once again wanting to leave to fulfill his career .

And that's the fucking liar who claims to put the fans first.

How many great goals has Kane scored for us. How many great games has he won for us virtually single handedly.

What exactly has Daniel Levy done? He's not fit to lick Harry Kanes crack

Us failing for years has absolutely nothing to do with Sky.
Them always pushing for our best players to leave (Berbatov, Modric, Bale, Walker, Rose, Eriksen, Son, Kane etc.) has though... They can fuck off, especially Gary Neville.

Being our best player for years doesn't forgive shoddy behaviour towards the end. Honestly you don't need to have an anti-Kane agenda to be miffed with the leaks and the lack of effort this last few weeks and now this Neville interview. I know he's single handedly carried us most of the season and I appreciate it. I love the guy. But I don't appreciate giving up before the seasons over though.

I know we're in ever decreasing circles and there's not much to play for now on Sunday but there's still pride, and finishing above Woolwich and Europa League. If this isn't important to Harry and he doesn't feel like putting in one final shift then if I'm totally honest why play him on Sunday?

This can all still be true at the same time.

Look, from reading his posts over the years, he is a very emotional guy, I think. He is hurting very badly right now. That's all.
Nah mate, that was out of order, it's creepy and dangerous tbh. A footballer who has been at this club for 17 years has decided he wants to leave. All this drama about timing, interviews, leaks etc is irrelevant and doesn't justify that kind of personal attack no matter how emotional a fan feels. Also I'm assuming he is a grown man,. I mean supporting Spurs is not much fun and apart from a few years never has been that satisfying, Harry leaving and the way he is going about it is not even the biggest issue in all this. It's a distraction from the real issue which is the way the football side is run by Levy and his cronies and I wouldn't be surprised if they are sitting back and loving fans tear Harry and each other apart which deflects the attention away from them and their failures

I just scanned Harry's interview and I don't really have a problem with it, apart from the 100m he's quoted feeling slightly low-ball.

In my opinion, Levy should hang up the phone if the informal offer is anything less than 130, and depending on the structure of the deal with the upfront guarantee versus installments, etc. it should fall no lower than 115m.

But I'm still calm and comfortable that Kane will be at the club next season.

You're calm and comfortable that we could have an unhappy player at the club that we all know wanted out? Only way he might change his mind is if we finally actually show ambition. Not gonna happen with Daniel Levy upstairs.

Issue is...what world class centre back wants to play in a Spurs side with no Harry Kane?
He is our only world class player really..
We’re not in a position to consider trying to get a world class centre back so we have to either develop one of our own or buy a cheaper option and improve him like Rodon

Whatever they can’t be any worse than Dier and Sanchez

That interview is a cunt move. Strangely comfortable with his being sold. Been wonderful for us, but time for him to move on. We need the next generation.

That said, I fucking despise Sky and Neville. With Keane basically fucking tapping up Kane every weekend. Cunts. Utter cunts.

A
Not just that, but Kane gave us 7 best years of his career. Was legend in the making. And what did Levy do to help this club to win things? When we needed players the most he didn't buy anyone. Then he sacked the manager who said we need rebuild and hire a lunatic who fucked us even more.
And also tried to rebuild but was blocked Levy from doing so

The thing is, even if Levy plays hard ball and doesn’t sell Kane this summer, are we then going to be left with a player who just isn’t motivated to play for us? Obviously I don’t want him to leave, but I just can’t see how keeping him against his will is going to be beneficial for us at all

This
Its not that he wants to go thats pissed me off.
Its the timing.
Yep. Footballers come and go, it's part of the game within the food chain of the sport. I honestly don't get upset at players moving, it's part of the fabric of the game. I do get upset being taken for a mug though, so when Bale kisses the Real Madrid badge, but then does interviews 7yrs later and talks about "coming home" he can get fucked.

What Kane has done is basically potentially sabotage our shit season. There are no guarantees in football but if he just respects the fans and the Club more by waiting a matter of days then we might have got a point last night that's basically all we needed for EL.

I really feel for what Mason is having to contend with here, picking up the pieces of the cluster fuck of the dinosaur, whilst also almost certainly knowing that Kane wants out the Club. If he doesn't play him then it just fans the flames of more speculation but now if he plays him we get what we saw from him last night, an uninterested no show. The players also know this, so it affects the entire equilibrium of the team. Then he just bears the brunt of unhappy fans whilst fans lick Kane's arse and wish his trophies at a rival Club!!!!

Whilst he's a wonderful player and I've loved watching him play, we improved after selling Modric, Bale etc. Just as Chavs & LFC improved when they sold Hazard, Coutinho etc.... No single player is greater then the team. ANd we've shown this in the past with Kane by getting us to CL final and Legaue Cup Final's without him playing due to injury (yes I would have played him in the finals because he's fucking World Class).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom