Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This time it feels different. I know these cunts have wanted him to leave us for years, and up until this year I think it has been bollocks.

But the time is probably right for him.

It all needs a fresh start.
Let's put it this way, say he was the brother of any one of us - would we really say "no under no circumstances should you leave Spurs" or would you be saying "it's sad as a fan, but as your brother you should probably get the fuck out now"?

Such a sad and pathetic way to end his career where he's been more than half his life. He gave up on the club weeks ago and has just been going through the motions the last few games, even when European football was still at stake for the club, meanwhile he's been telling all and sundry he doesn't want to be there anymore, and all the journalists and pundits not connected to Spurs knew this, while lots so Spurs fans were calling it all lies and falsehoods.

It's been poor from the club and Mason as well to keep picking him, he's become a toxic presence and he should have been Danny Rosed. Yesterday was the result of allowing it to continue.

Worst thing about this whole scenario is that you can't disagree with a word he says. He's got a point. I will be devastated to see him leave but at the same time the Club have let him down and a player of his calibre shouldn't be knocking around playing against Dynamite TNT Excelsior FC and the likes. As football fans, we can't begrudge him wanting to play at the highest level. He hasn't got that here. So part of me feels the Club should take their medicine, sell him and try to salvage a squad from the funds. If he wants to go then he needs to go. As a Club we need to draw a line under this one way or the other and move on.
He's stuck with us longer than 99% of footballers would have in the exact same scenario (largely due to his love for the club). Simply put, it's not fair to expect him to sit through another rebuild. Not at his age and not with the danger of some horrible ankle injury happening at any moment.

I can get the romantic lure of moving to a Real Madrid, Barcelona or Bayern because they are great clubs with great histories but I agree the City move seems a bit hollow.

Just a nothing club.

But after suffering the Spursy curse I'm sure Kane is more desperate than anyone else to get hold of a trophy. City is the only club in England which guarantees this.

Maybe he doesn't mind the thought of playing with Foden over Winks and De Bruyne over Lo Celso...

Such a sad and pathetic way to end his career where he's been more than half his life. He gave up on the club weeks ago and has just been going through the motions the last few games, even when European football was still at stake for the club, meanwhile he's been telling all and sundry he doesn't want to be there anymore, and all the journalists and pundits not connected to Spurs knew this, while lots so Spurs fans were calling it all lies and falsehoods.

It's been poor from the club and Mason as well to keep picking him, he's become a toxic presence and he should have been Danny Rosed. Yesterday was the result of allowing it to continue.

Mate if any cunt gave up on the club its that fucker Levy. He's the one who let us stagnate. Kane even said in that interview that he would have stayed at Spurs his whole career, but that fucking parasite Levy wouldn't add the necessary quality when we needed it to get trophies and sat back and took Kane for granted.

Yeah looking at that he's not going to be happy sticking around so we need to get the best price as quickly as we can. Don't want this dragging on all summer. Only way he may change his mind is if we go and sign 3 or 4 top players early on in the window which given Levy's approach is a laughable prospect.

Mate if any cunt gave up on the club its that fucker Levy. He's the one who let us stagnate. Kane even said in that interview that he would have stayed at Spurs his whole career but that fucking parasite Levy wouldn't add the necessary quality when we needed it and sat back and took Kane for granted.
There was a crossroads where we and Liverpool met, and we took drastically divergent courses.
:kanehand:

He says ultimately it’s down to him...but in actual fact matey, with 3 years on your deal left, it’s up to the club.

Deal with it. Yo greedy ass signed a six year deal, so you’ll go if a super high bid comes in, and not before,

:dembelefingers:

He can say that but legally it’s upto Levy. Someone with have to pay something huge.
Of course, but......

Just go back to Poch's attitude towards Walker wanting to leave, from memory he had 3yrs still left on his contract. (I support that attitude from any manager).

It is the length of the contract that dictates the value of the player. If the will of the player is to leave there will not be many managers that would want a player with that attitude in their team, it stinks the place out. All the players will know this, it affects the entire group and undermines the authority of a manager by putting him in an almost impossible position in player selection.

The most worrying thing is that he's pushing so hard to leave (all these stories exist because of his camp) that he's actually shitting on us by doing it now, with +two games to go!!! This absolutely stinks and is totally selfish (not him moving but the timing). It also strongly suggests that he has agreed to join another Club (just like Walker), assume it's City they can say they are going to pay more blah, blah, blah but what he's doing is actually making it harder for us to maximize his value, he doesn't give a shit what he's sold for, his motivation is to move, whether Spurs get £50m or £150m he literally doesn't care about that. His actions are making it harder for us to get his highest value.

Right now, with his desire made clear we have to get +£100m for him, if he's already got a handshake deal with say City then he can turn his nose up at PSG if they come in, that makes Levy's job even harder.

If I were Mason I 100% wouldn't select him at the weekend, especially given his display in his "last home game" in front of a fanvase that have done nothing but adore him for 7yrs. He shat on them (us) in the biggest way a player possibly could. By not playing him you deny him the possibility of getting the golden boot too.

That makes it worse. This has been going on for weeks, if not longer, in the background.

Of course it has, probably since the CL final defeat. The club has been a fucking shambles for a long while behind the scenes. I wouldn't be surprised if Harry was persuaded to stay, made promises but none of them have materialised and we are where we are now.

Of course, but......

Just go back to Poch's attitude towards Walker wanting to leave, from memory he had 3yrs still left on his contract. (I support that attitude from any manager).

It is the length of the contract that dictates the value of the player. If the will of the player is to leave there will not be many managers that would want a player with that attitude in their team, it stinks the place out. All the players will know this, it affects the entire group and undermines the authority of a manager by putting him in an almost impossible position in player selection.

The most worrying thing is that he's pushing so hard to leave (all these stories exist because of his camp) that he's actually shitting on us by doing it now, with +two games to go!!! This absolutely stinks and is totally selfish (not him moving but the timing). It also strongly suggests that he has agreed to join another Club (just like Walker), assume it's City they can say they are going to pay more blah, blah, blah but what he's doing is actually making it harder for us to maximize his value, he doesn't give a shit what he's sold for, his motivation is to move, whether Spurs get £50m or £150m he literally doesn't care about that. His actions are making it harder for us to get his highest value.

Right now, with his desire made clear we have to get +£100m for him, if he's already got a handshake deal with say City then he can turn his nose up at PSG if they come in, that makes Levy's job even harder.

If I were Mason I 100% wouldn't select him at the weekend, especially given his display in his "last home game" in front of a fanvase that have done nothing but adore him for 7yrs. He shat on them (us) in the biggest way a player possibly could. By not playing him you deny him the possibility of getting the golden boot too.
Levy has agreed a deal with City already imo, that's why he isn't even bothering to create a show by saying Harry is not leaving, he is a Tottenham player blah blah blah........it's done

He says ultimately it’s down to him...but in actual fact matey, with 3 years on your deal left, it’s up to the club.

Deal with it. Yo greedy ass signed a six year deal, so you’ll go if a super high bid comes in, and not before,

:dembelefingers:

There is a thing called player power. Yeah, it would ruin his rapport with the club and fans of course, but he could hand in a transfer request, and no club in the right mind will play a player they know doesn't want to be at the club. So then we're paying Harry the highest wages at the club for him to ultimately do nothing, all while his transfer price goes down and down.

The power is with Kane, not Levy, if Kane doesn't mind ruining his Spurs reputation.

Of course it has, probably since the CL final defeat. The club has been a fucking shambles for a long while behind the scenes. I wouldn't be surprised if Harry was persuaded to stay, made promises but none of them have materialised and we are where we are now.

Stop defending him. You'll regret it. He's going to shit on us some more in all likelihood. This isn't about him wanting to leave, it's about him giving up with weeks of the season still to go and not giving a shit if it had a bad effect on the club. His actions are designed to bring the price down to a level City are prepared to pay. None of this is happening off the cuff. He's essentially a City player already and his loyalty is to them now.

There is a thing called player power. Yeah, it would ruin his rapport with the club and fans of course, but he could hand in a transfer request, and no club in the right mind will play a player they know doesn't want to be at a club. So then we're paying Harry the highest wages at the club for him to do nothing, all while his transfer price goes down and down.

The power is with Kane, not Levy, if Kane doesn't mind ruining his Spurs reputation.

Incorrect.

Fact is he has 3 years left on his deal, so the fact is we don’t have to sell.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure we will...for a fee that’s far in excess of £80m. We will get every penny we can out of this deal.

So no, the power is with Levy.

Stop defending him. You'll regret it. He's going to shit on us some more in all likelihood. This isn't about him wanting to leave, it's about him giving up with weeks of the season still to go and not giving a shit if it had a bad effect on the club. His actions are designed to bring the price down to a level City are prepared to pay. None of this is happening off the cuff. He's essentially a City player already and his loyalty is to them now.

Thank you! :tanguythumb:

Back
Top Bottom