Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This time it feels different. I know these cunts have wanted him to leave us for years, and up until this year I think it has been bollocks.

But the time is probably right for him.

It all needs a fresh start.

I just don't see any ambition going to City. They have paid their way to the top, pretty much guarantee silverware every year. It isn't like he is going to bring them up a level or two. He will just be another highly paid resource that has been brought in to make the Oil man happy.

Pretty conclusive that interview, he wants out.

But the issue still remains - who will stump up enough cash for Levy to accept?

A cash plus player deal will probably be the move.

City at would be Ake and Torres. United I assume Lingard and Martial. No way they will spend £150-200m all in one.

that's more positive than I had thought, that means Levy could convince him to stay if he shows enough ambition, I thought he already had his mind made up but that doesn't stack up to what he is saying there.
I think he'll leave tho.. . Watching him applaud the fans yesterday was a bit of a heartbreaker. I reckon you can see it.

Judging from that interview, the leak could have come from inside SKY, Neville and numerous SKY employees heard it clear as day. If that was a few weeks ago, I am surprised it has taken this long to come out

Worst thing about this whole scenario is that you can't disagree with a word he says. He's got a point. I will be devastated to see him leave but at the same time the Club have let him down and a player of his calibre shouldn't be knocking around playing against Dynamite TNT Excelsior FC and the likes. As football fans, we can't begrudge him wanting to play at the highest level. He hasn't got that here. So part of me feels the Club should take their medicine, sell him and try to salvage a squad from the funds. If he wants to go then he needs to go. As a Club we need to draw a line under this one way or the other and move on.

I just don't see any ambition going to City. They have paid their way to the top, pretty much guarantee silverware every year. It isn't like he is going to bring them up a level or two. He will just be another highly paid resource that has been brought in to make the Oil man happy.
I can get the romantic lure of moving to a Real Madrid, Barcelona or Bayern because they are great clubs with great histories but I agree the City move seems a bit hollow.

Just a nothing club.

But after suffering the Spursy curse I'm sure Kane is more desperate than anyone else to get hold of a trophy. City is the only club in England which guarantees this.

Kane interview with Neville

HK:- "I'm at a moment in my career where I have to reflect and see where I'm at"

GN Asked whether his legacy should be like a Shearer or Le Tissier who stayed at one club :-

HK:- "I don't want to end my career with any regrets, I want to be the best I can be.
I have never said I will stay at Spurs for the rest of my career, I still feel at my age I still have almost another career to play. I am not rushing anything, I am not desperate to do anything, I just want to be the best version of me"
My professionalism is about winning, I want to win, for sure it grates me that we haven't done that
I feel I can be even better than I have been and produce better numbers than at the moment"
I aim to be at level of Ronaldo/Messi, I want to be winning trophies, I want to be scoring 50,60,70 goals a season".

GN:- With Tottenham rebuilding is that crossroads moment now ?

HK:- "I think so, I want to be playing in the biggest games, the biggest moments, I am watching the Champions League and seeing the English teams doing well and those are the games I want to be involved in.
I will have a chat with the chairman, but ultimately it will be down to me to see how I feel and what is best for my career."

GN:- How is your relationship with Levy ?
HK:- He has always been fair with me, but not sure how conversation will go. He may want to sell me. If he can get £100m for me now, I won't be worth that in next years , but I hope we have a good enough relationship, I have been at club for 16 years of my life so hope we can have good honest discussion"

that's more positive than I had thought, that means Levy could convince him to stay if he shows enough ambition, I thought he already had his mind made up but that doesn't stack up to what he is saying there.
Yeah. He's open to leaving but also open to staying if Levy gives him a good enough pitch.

But he definitely seems to lean towards leaving right now. But that is my take on it.

Back
Top Bottom