Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought the header was actually a good save from Buffon. Strikers are always taught to head it back from where it came, and that's what he did, but Button showed his experience. Cool finish the his his goal. Easy to be rash in that situation and shoot too early.

n7XU3jr.jpg

[QUOTE="
Might be an unpopular opinion, but I have a lot of time for Rio Ferdinand, as a person and a pundit.[/QUOTE]
I agree. Rio was praising Kane a long time back although I don’t remember the specifics. He may not be the best strategist but he was a top defender for a long time and he knows a good striker when he sees one

I thought the header was actually a good save from Buffon. Strikers are always taught to head it back from where it came, and that's what he did, but Button showed his experience. Cool finish the his his goal. Easy to be rash in that situation and shoot too early.
Agree with that, great save from Buffon. No Premier League keeper would stop that IMO, and while there are better all round keepers out there, I still think Buffon is the best shot stopper in the world.

Great finish too, harder than it looks particularly with it being on his weaker foot.

Longer highlights.

So, I was looking back at the early (and predominantly negative) comments about Kane and came across ArtyB ArtyB 's video of Kane scoring a hat trick in England U21's 4-0 win over San Marino U21. He had it all, even then: the great pass to start the move that led to his first goal, the composure and skill needed to finish from the tightest of angles... and the good sense to swat Sterling away like a pesky fly so he could take the penalty that Sterling had won! (watch from 1:42) :kanegoal:

A tale of two England strikers: Kane and Sturridge - Football365

"Since the beginning of the 2015/16 season, Spurs have been the side least likely to lose a game after falling behind (39.5% – the next best is Liverpool with 50%), and the most likely to win after going ahead (an incredible 93.3% – for context, Liverpool have won just 72.2% of the games in which they have established a lead).

Nor is this a side prone to the odd embarrassing collapse. Spurs have lost a Premier League game by more than a single goal just four times since the beginning of the 2015/16 season; in the same span, Manchester United have lost by at least two clear goals seven times, Manchester City nine times, Chelsea 10, Liverpool 11 and Woolwich 12."
:kaneshh:

16 goals this season to match Clive’s record, he’ll need 2 Hattricks and us having a long cup and Europe run to make it.

Though I hope he bangs 12 more league goals to break the PL record (with 11 games to go it will be quite hard)

A tale of two England strikers: Kane and Sturridge - Football365

"Since the beginning of the 2015/16 season, Spurs have been the side least likely to lose a game after falling behind (39.5% – the next best is Liverpool with 50%), and the most likely to win after going ahead (an incredible 93.3% – for context, Liverpool have won just 72.2% of the games in which they have established a lead).

Nor is this a side prone to the odd embarrassing collapse. Spurs have lost a Premier League game by more than a single goal just four times since the beginning of the 2015/16 season; in the same span, Manchester United have lost by at least two clear goals seven times, Manchester City nine times, Chelsea 10, Liverpool 11 and Woolwich 12."
:kaneshh:

“Yet they’ve still got fuck all to show for it” :eriksenserious:

Remarkable stats though.

Meanwhile over at FoxesTalk they are still arguing about who is the better player, Vardy or Kane. :roflmao:

Vardy breaks a new record

Best post on the thread...

'You want to go there, "Mr Gerbold"? cool!
Let's see: Kane has 2 world class seasons, 21 goals breakout season and a pending world class season ATM with 23 goals in 27 game
s.
Vardy has 1 world class season!
Their last 4 seasons(including this season):
Vardy: 5-24-13-13 (Vardy has 55 PL goals in 131 games)
Kane : 21-25-29-23 (Kane has 101 PL goals in 142 games)
Vardy had never, and i say NEVER outscored Kane in the PL! Vardy only managed 1 20+ goals a season in the league, Kane did it 4 times in the last 4 seasons.
Kane has 7 goals in the CL in 6 games, Vardy has 2 in 8 games.
Kane was the 2017 top goals scorer, had more goals than Ronaldo and Messi!
Kane has a PL golden boot and is now leading the league.
Kane has a far better movement inside the box, a better finisher with the stronger and weaker foot, outside the area and with his head. he's also a better dribbler and is better at aerial duels.

kane.PNG.1d1b5359427206031aa691a24a3eff90.PNG
kane1.PNG.b707fe9f478785785b25689ec75f810f.PNG

Kane is considered world class, vardy isn't! not because he's playing for a "bigger club". it's because he dropped 4 world class/borderline world class season in a row!
You picked an argument with the wrong guy, mate. Step-down your high horse and next time, don't use a bumptious tone with me.
'​

And for utter delusion. Someone actually posted this...

'Better goalscorer =/= better player is I suspect his position (and even then you could argue Kane's better goals per game is purely because he takes more shots, Vardys goals per shot ratio is superior to Kane, hell its superior to most strikers in the world). Vardys all round game is better than Kane's, no question'

Meanwhile over at FoxesTalk they are still arguing about who is the better player, Vardy or Kane. :roflmao:

Vardy breaks a new record

Best post on the thread...

'You want to go there, "Mr Gerbold"? cool!
Let's see: Kane has 2 world class seasons, 21 goals breakout season and a pending world class season ATM with 23 goals in 27 game
s.
Vardy has 1 world class season!
Their last 4 seasons(including this season):
Vardy: 5-24-13-13 (Vardy has 55 PL goals in 131 games)
Kane : 21-25-29-23 (Kane has 101 PL goals in 142 games)
Vardy had never, and i say NEVER outscored Kane in the PL! Vardy only managed 1 20+ goals a season in the league, Kane did it 4 times in the last 4 seasons.
Kane has 7 goals in the CL in 6 games, Vardy has 2 in 8 games.
Kane was the 2017 top goals scorer, had more goals than Ronaldo and Messi!
Kane has a PL golden boot and is now leading the league.
Kane has a far better movement inside the box, a better finisher with the stronger and weaker foot, outside the area and with his head. he's also a better dribbler and is better at aerial duels.

kane.PNG.1d1b5359427206031aa691a24a3eff90.PNG
kane1.PNG.b707fe9f478785785b25689ec75f810f.PNG

Kane is considered world class, vardy isn't! not because he's playing for a "bigger club". it's because he dropped 4 world class/borderline world class season in a row!
You picked an argument with the wrong guy, mate. Step-down your high horse and next time, don't use a bumptious tone with me.
'​

And for utter delusion. Someone actually posted this...

'Better goalscorer =/= better player is I suspect his position (and even then you could argue Kane's better goals per game is purely because he takes more shots, Vardys goals per shot ratio is superior to Kane, hell its superior to most strikers in the world). Vardys all round game is better than Kane's, no question'
Haha. I've seen that shot ratio one trotted out so many times. You would have thought that these other better players would have twigged by now that all you have to do is shoot more often to score more goals. It's baffling as to why they haven't bothered to do just that, shoot more, I'm mean it's easy right?

Haha. I've seen that shot ratio one trotted out so many times. You would have thought that these other better players would have twigged by now that all you have to do is shoot more often to score more goals. It's baffling as to why they haven't bothered to do just that, shoot more, I'm mean it's easy right?

It’s a daft statistic. One player shoots 5 times and scores 5 goals is somehow better than someone who shoots 20 times and scores 10?

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I have a lot of time for Rio Ferdinand, as a person and a pundit.

The look he gives Gerrard for saying Suarez. Then points out, quite correctly, that Gerrard is only saying that cause they're mates. It's so sad that some pundits can't speak the clear truth because they are so biased in favor of their own club or former team mates.

Funnily enough, I don’t mind looking at Harry’s number of shots because it actually highlights that (a part of) his incredible goal tally is down to the service he gets from the rest of our team.

Though it’s also evident that he can create magic out of nowhere as well.

Thing is, you’ll see that shot conversation stat used as a stick to beat him with - but the same biased rival fans will also go on about how he’s too good for us/will leave.
Can’t make their mind up, can they?
:pocheyes:

Next season, or the one after, sometime not too far distant, all these shots Kane takes will start going in, virtually all of them. He'll be getting hat tricks almost every week and breaking all the records.

Back
Top Bottom