Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

More than just a 4 season wonder! Harry Kane stepping into the music scene.

Christ, I love the guy. Everything about him seems like it should be off. A bit gangly, doesn’t look like your typical successful striker, not super fast, or super strong, but has somehow become the perfect package against all odds. I’m many years older than him, and his self-belief is an inspiration. He’s a phenomenon.

It really wouldn’t surprise me if he stays with us for the rest of his career, but if he does go to a Barca or Madrid you can guarantee that our club will hold a very special place in his heart. Considering what we’re witnessing, that’s something to take great pride in.

Now he’s stepping into the Rooney level of media attention. The difference is that I trust Kane to be a decent guy who knows right from wrong, and Is not the type to be caught fiddling Mrs Mangle.

Christ, I love the guy. Everything about him seems like it should be off. A bit gangly, doesn’t look like your typical successful striker, not super fast, or super strong, but has somehow become the perfect package against all odds. I’m many years older than him, and his self-belief is an inspiration. He’s a phenomenon.

It really wouldn’t surprise me if he stays with us for the rest of his career, but if he does go to a Barca or Madrid you can guarantee that our club will hold a very special place in his heart. Considering what we’re witnessing, that’s something to take great pride in.

Now he’s stepping into the Rooney level of media attention. The difference is that I trust Kane to be a decent guy who knows right from wrong, and Is not the type to be caught fiddling Mrs Mangle.
Really hoping that he cements the England captaincy within the year.

You just know that being England captain would be one of those bucket-list things for him, and I feel like it'd help keep him satisfied while chasing success with Spurs.

Really hoping that he cements the England captaincy within the year.

You just know that being England captain would be one of those bucket-list things for him, and I feel like it'd help keep him satisfied while chasing success with Spurs.

He should be the England captain without question. He should probably be captain of Spurs (though I do love and respect Lloris). He’s a born winner, and the bloke you would expect to be rousing the rest of the players. It’s been a joy watching his confidence grow.

Harry Kane. Superstar. Scores in the box or in off the bar.

Last edited:
He should be the England captain without question. He should probably be captain of Spurs (though I do love and respect Lloris). He’s a born winner, and the bloke you would expect to be rousing the rest of the players. It’s been a joy watching his confidence grow.

Harry Kane. Superstar. Scores in the box and he scores from far.

Confidence without arrogance is a great combination - future captain. He is to Poch as Blanchflower was to Bill Nic.

Harry Kane. Superstar. Scores in the box or in off the bar.
By all accounts, Kane is one of the ‘leaders’ in the dressing room regardless - but he’ll definitely have too much respect for Lloris to try pushing for the captaincy over him.

I thought at the start of this season that Lloris was looking poorer than usual, and wondered if we were seeing signs of his decline. Has been fantastic since then, though, so I’d bet Harry has a few years to wait before getting his hands on the club captaincy.

By all accounts, Kane is one of the ‘leaders’ in the dressing room regardless - but he’ll definitely have too much respect for Lloris to try pushing for the captaincy over him.

I thought at the start of this season that Lloris was looking poorer than usual, and wondered if we were seeing signs of his decline. Has been fantastic since then, though, so I’d bet Harry has a few years to wait before getting his hands on the club captaincy.

I fancy Hugo has a few more years left in him as our number one yet. He and Jan started off our revolution back when the project was initially spoke of. They started the Calibre of signing going up a notch from the dark days. Let's hope he has a purple patch soon when needed

The only reason Kane is not our first choice captain right now is because Hugo is still around and Kane has too much respect for Hugo and the club. He knows that once Hugo moves on that armband is his.

No shame in being the leiutenant behind the general for a while to learn the ropes.

All in on him being given the England captaincy now however

How much of a thunderclap of a cunt do u have to be to take the piss out of a guys speech impediment.

It’s all they have mate, they started with him being a 1 season wonder who only scores tap ins, and we all know how that ended! :kanegoal:
I think maybe at school the speech thing might have bothered him , as we know kids can be heartless with things like this, but now when he is sat in his mansion, with the wife and kids, playing for the team he loves on £100k plus a week I don’t think he gives 2 fucks about some twats on twitter picking up on the way he talks!
To be honest I’m more worried about him being a Belieber! :pochfacepalm:

It’s all they have mate, they started with him being a 1 season wonder who only scores tap ins, and we all know how that ended! :kanegoal:
I think maybe at school the speech thing might have bothered him , as we know kids can be heartless with things like this, but now when he is sat in his mansion, with the wife and kids, playing for the team he loves on £100k plus a week I don’t think he gives 2 fucks about some twats on twitter picking up on the way he talks!
To be honest I’m more worried about him being a Belieber! :pochfacepalm:
Yeah, nobody's perfect...at least we know he's actually human...

Back
Top Bottom