Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Saying Hoddle is not one of the greatest players to have ever played for Spurs and is a 'second tier' player is a fucking stupid opinion.

I can think of other 'one word' responses to you.
I never said this at all. I acknowledged that he is one of our greatest players, but not in the Kane, Greaves category.
If he's not in that 'top' category, then by definition he's second tier (I also apologised for using that term as it appears derogatory. It wasn't meant to - however I couldn't find an alternative word.)

Funny things these words. They can be twisted to mean virtually anything.

Now I know I can't take you seriously. I thought we were having a discussion of the relative merits of Hoddle and Kane, and you bring in Les Allen's son (another Spurs legend)?

Anyway, he never scored 20-25 goals a season year after year (for us anyway).
You said you wanted a striker who scored 20-25 goals and I've named one who scored over 40 goals in a season.

I think you haven't a fucking clue what you are talking about and should either fuck off and learn some history or just fuck off.

The second option is preferable.

Some people still think of him as a flat-track bully for some reason.

He’s a threat against anybody. He’s more than proven himself. He’s in our top 3 goal scorers of all time, and extremely likely to be in our top 2. Legendary status achieved already, in my book.

If he eclipses Greaves we’re literally talking statue and stand-name status.
I never thought I would see anyone come close to being such a prolific Spurs goalscorer as my hero Jimmy Greaves.

Harry is now proving me wrong and I hope he has many more record breaking seasons with the club. Let's also hope he's made captain permanently and is soon holding a trophy aloft.

Last edited:
He is the best.
You don't realise what you have got until you lose it.
Bale was great, JG was great but Harry's the best
Not yet....He may well end up with such a title but for me (as a pure goalscorer) Jimmy Greaves still wears the crown. Harry is definitely making it wobble though and if he does eventually change my mind then it will be done gladly.

27 goals in 20 games this season, including 10 goals in 5 UCL games.

Honestly, Harry hasn’t even been our best player in the past 18 months. I know injuries have played a part but until he starts really producing significantly above replacement, I wouldn’t put him in the category of world class. If you compare his goal scoring production against our other attackers on a per minute/game basis, you’ll find that he’s not much better than Lucas and worse than Son if you take out Harry’s PKs. That’s pretty shocking given he’s our 9 and talisman while the other two our wide wingers. Hopefully Mou can get him to produce like a true world class striker again.... and I’m not talking about PKs or scoring goals against second and third tier teams.

Last edited:
Honestly, Harry hasn’t even been our best player in the past 18 months. I know injuries have played a part but until he starts really producing significantly above replacement, I wouldn’t put him in the category of world class. If you compare his goal scoring production against our other attackers on a per minute/game basis, you’ll find that he’s not much better than Lucas and worse than Son if you take out Harry’s PKs. That’s pretty shocking given he’s our 9 and talisman while the other two our wide wingers. Hopefully Mou can get him to produce like a true world class striker again.... and I’m not talking about PKs or scoring goals against second and third tier teams.

Not in the category of world class ?

The only part of your post I will agree with is that since his injury he has been below his very high standard, but over the course of his tenure he is already world class. I am a fan of Lewandoski , but do you think the teams he has played against in his domestic comp are worthy opponents, or a class above what Harry has played against ?

Last I checked, penalties still register as goals.

Scary thing for his critics, he's still 26 years old.

Not in the category of world class ?

The only part of your post I will agree with is that since his injury he has been below his very high standard, but over the course of his tenure he is already world class. I am a fan of Lewandoski , but do you think the teams he has played against in his domestic comp are worthy opponents, or a class above what Harry has played against ?

Last I checked, penalties still register as goals.

Scary thing for his critics, he's still 26 years old.

I’m not trying to be a downer by any means. I love Harry and know he’s a great player but I’m not going to sit here and say that he’s been a world class player the past 18 months when the eye test and numbers both show that he hasn’t even been the best attacker on the team during this time frame. Another shocking fact is that Llorentes goal scored per minute played was significantly higher than Harry’s last year when you take out penalties. So blame it on the team all you want but Harry’s replacement was producing at a higher rate on an apples to apples basis...

I’d love to hear counter arguments based on recent advanced statistics and facts and not based on what Kane did prior to the start of 2018 season. Football doesn’t have a whole lot of advanced analytics that are widely used in other sports like baseball, basketball, American football etc so it’d be interesting to see if what other metrics are used to assess a footballers production/performance.

Last edited:
I’m not trying to be a downer by any means. I love Harry and know he’s a great player but I’m not going to sit here and say that he’s been a world class player the past 18 months when the eye test and numbers both show that he hasn’t even been the best attacker on the team during this time frame.

I’d love to hear counter arguments based on recent advanced statistics and facts and not based on what Kane did prior to the start of 2018 season. Football doesn’t have a whole lot of advanced analytics that are widely used in other sports like baseball, basketball, American football etc so it’d be interesting to see if what other metrics are used to assess a footballers production/performance.

Kane is rad at lay ups, home runs and touchdowns too......

I’m not trying to be a downer by any means. I love Harry and know he’s a great player but I’m not going to sit here and say that he’s been a world class player the past 18 months when the eye test and numbers both show that he hasn’t even been the best attacker on the team during this time frame. Another shocking fact is that Llorentes goal scored per minute played was significantly higher than Harry’s last year when you take out penalties. So blame it on the team all you want but Harry’s replacement was producing at a higher rate on an apples to apples basis...

Strikers are judged on goals. Harry Kane is breaking all sorts of goalscoring records for club and country. Now give it a rest you utter bore.

Back
Top Bottom