Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Scoring goals doesn’t help the team?

He needs to do more than sit in the box and wait for the ball to come to him. He isn't making any movement for the ball, he just expects it to somehow magically appear at his feet.

he’s lost a bit of that energy and willingness to hunt down every ball. That’s normal and to be honest perhaps that is what he needed to do after repeatedly fucking his ankle with silly attempts to press the ball.

That was one of Kanes best attributes - we defended from the front and our defensive record was absolutely incredible because of this. You can directly link Kanes work rate from the front and our defensive record. Didn't we have the best defence in the league at one point? Where has that gone?

He's 26. He should be entering his prime years, the fastest and strongest we've ever seen him and yet physically he seems to be regressing, an admission you yourself admit. If he is this broken at 26 that he has to change his entire play style I can't imagine what he will be like when he reaches 30. It doesn't fill me with hope.

We have said for the past two "He's tired, he's had a world cup, he's had tournaments over the summer" and now we've morphed that into "It's good for him, he shouldn't be wasting energy pressing". We've changed the narrative to a more comforting story.

H had a good game today, his contribution to the team was important; made the goal and some vital defensive clearances. And I wouldn't want anyone else in the whole world to take our penalties.
In a way, I'm glad some people are writing him off, he will stuff those words down their throats at the end of the season. (Fingers crossed!)

How can people blame Kane for wanting to play in the CL final? Really bizarre.

Nobody blames Kane for wanting to play. Any professional footballer would crawl on bloodied stumps across the touchline to get on the pitch of a CL final. He simply was not match fit for such an important game. I would have started with Moura and then hopefully second half when we were comfortably ahead put Harry on as a 20 min sub so that he could genuinely share in the victory celebrations.....but what do I know :( :thumbdown: 😎

Nobody blames Kane for wanting to play. Any professional footballer would crawl on bloodied stumps across the touchline to get on the pitch of a CL final. He simply was not match fit for such an important game. I would have started with Moura and then hopefully second half when we were comfortably ahead put Harry on as a 20 min sub so that he could genuinely share in the victory celebrations.....but what do I know :( :thumbdown: 😎

Yeah, you've told us this a thousand times already, and no average performances from Lucas Moura whenever he starts seem to change your mind. Go rewatch the first 135 minutes the Ajax tie and try and tell us you think we wouldn't have done much better with Kane playing instead of Moura.

Yeah, you've told us this a thousand times already, and no average performances from Lucas Moura whenever he starts seem to change your mind. Go rewatch the first 135 minutes the Ajax tie and try and tell us you think we wouldn't have done much better with Kane playing instead of Moura.
Not just me that's said it, many others on here feel the same way.

Back
Top Bottom