Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pattern is clear - we now play better without him.

Huge conundrum as he's still lethal when he's in the mood.

Poch's challenge to finesse tactics/formation to try and find the magic mix to put around him when he plays, so it all sparks.

Think that's quite disrespectful to be honest. Kane has a lot more to his game than people give him credit for, he's a fine striker/passer of the ball and plays with real tenacity.

Isn't the season everyone raves on about a few years back the one he got 29 in 30 league goals? Yet people would rather give the credit to Walker and Rose while Harry isn't in form. That's a seriously impressive tally for any striker with any supply lines. Give the man the credit he deserves.

As for being better without him.. as you essentially mentioned yourself it's all about the team clicking. He hasn't been in the team so much recently, things arent clicking like they could be, has had his fitness and injury issues, but ultimately he will be judged on sticking the ball in the net.
I'm not quite able to think of an example opponent or game plan where having one of the worlds best goal scorers isn't a benefit to the side, but curious to hear why you would think that?

Yes he's out of form.
He will get back in form.
The very least we owe him is to stick by him half as much as people did for Soldado, and give him time to get back on it. It's not like his 17 in 28 last season isn't the kind of tally most premier league strikers would dream of - but he set his own bar so high.

If it's purely aesthetics- cool that's your opinion. If it's utilisation towards winning games.. I have to doubt your footballing knowledge with all due respect.

I recall fans sperging out when he got injured going in for a nothing tackle. It isn't how Kane works. He is a machine. To quote him after the match:

"NOTHING IS OVER! Nothing! You just don't turn it off! It wasn't my war! You asked me, I didn't ask you! And I did what I had to do to win, but somebody wouldn't let us win! And I come back to the world, and I see all those maggots at the airport, protestin' me, spittin', callin' me "Baby Killer!", and all kinds of vile crap!"
Kane part 5 comes out this year💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻

Pattern is clear - we now play better without him.

Huge conundrum as he's still lethal when he's in the mood.

Poch's challenge to finesse tactics/formation to try and find the magic mix to put around him when he plays, so it all sparks.

Yes, absolutely clear after playing Man Utd's A team in a friendly with him and their B team without him that we play better without him. How lucky we were that this opportunity presented itself before the start of the season so we don't waste another season persisting with him. Kane's been dragging this club down too long off the back of a few golden boots and effusive praise from pundits and football managers the world over. We might have to play a spell of a couple of months without him and look utter dog shit like we did at the tail end of last season, but we'll have to fight through it, and keep our resolve and just cast our minds back to the Man United friendly game. And to the Ajax tie, well the 15 minutes of it when we played well without him (we'll conveniently forget the previous 135 minutes without him when we also looked absolute dog shit - or the last 30 minutes when we morphed into a Sam Allardyce team - punting long balls up to the big fella.)

But seriously... If anyone thinks we're a better team without Kane, all you're doing is announcing to the world you've got no clue about football.

HK always takes a few games to hit the groove.
Remember the “never scores in august” criticism the press levelled at him?
Judge him at the end of the season, not in pre season friendlies.
I predict 30 goals from him this year if he stays injury free.
The lad is a machine that just takes a little time to warm up.

I still think it was a risk that didn’t pay off to play him in the CL final & that he will declare himself fit when perhaps he isn’t 100%, but he’s still the main man & I can’t wait to see him fisting teams this season.
:tobyarm:

HK always takes a few games to hit the groove.
Remember the “never scores in august” criticism the press levelled at him?
Judge him at the end of the season, not in pre season friendlies.
I predict 30 goals from him this year if he stays injury free.
The lad is a machine that just takes a little time to warm up.

I still think it was a risk that didn’t pay off to play him in the CL final & that he will declare himself fit when perhaps he isn’t 100%, but he’s still the main man & I can’t wait to see him fisting teams this season.
:tobyarm:

40 PL goals. You have to factor in being back at home as opposed to Wembley. Playing there cost him 5 or 6 goals in 17/18 - he actually scored more away, which is very unusual. We didn't have as many of the the easy games you get when at a proper home.

He looks sharp and raring to go, getting a proper pre season and no Summer tournament. As long as he gets no ankle aggro I can see him having a phenomenal season.

And we did not lose the CL final. I wish people would get that right. We lost the "try and kick a ball against your opponent's arm even via a deflection final."

40 PL goals. You have to factor in being back at home as opposed to Wembley. Playing there cost him 5 or 6 goals in 17/18 - he actually scored more away, which is very unusual. We didn't have as many of the the easy games you get when at a proper home.

He looks sharp and raring to go, getting a proper pre season and no Summer tournament. As long as he gets no ankle aggro I can see him having a phenomenal season.

And we did not lose the CL final. I wish people would get that right. We lost the "try and kick a ball against your opponent's arm even via a deflection final."
I didn’t say we lost the CL final (although the history book records exactly that)
I said it was a risk playing him that didn’t pay off.
The rest, I agree with.

Yes, absolutely clear after playing Man Utd's A team in a friendly with him and their B team without him that we play better without him. How lucky we were that this opportunity presented itself before the start of the season so we don't waste another season persisting with him. Kane's been dragging this club down too long off the back of a few golden boots and effusive praise from pundits and football managers the world over. We might have to play a spell of a couple of months without him and look utter dog shit like we did at the tail end of last season, but we'll have to fight through it, and keep our resolve and just cast our minds back to the Man United friendly game. And to the Ajax tie, well the 15 minutes of it when we played well without him (we'll conveniently forget the previous 135 minutes without him when we also looked absolute dog shit - or the last 30 minutes when we morphed into a Sam Allardyce team - punting long balls up to the big fella.)

But seriously... If anyone thinks we're a better team without Kane, all you're doing is announcing to the world you've got no clue about football.
Didn''t he score the winner for us a few days ago versus Juve?

Admittedly he was ordinary yesterday but he's our best option up front.

Short memories.

Him and Lloris, first names on the teamsheet.

If anyone thinks we're a better team without Kane, all you're doing is announcing to the world you've got no clue about football.

We've appeared to play better as a "team" when he's been injured and less so on his return.

That's not really a contraversial position.

It's been clear, and noted by many.

Kane's core attributes are unquestionable.

He's a beast.

What concerns me is he's lost his edge.

Anyone who's been paying attention to our game will realise that the vast majority of our successful play comes from pressing from the front.

When that isn't effective, we struggle.

Through injury - because I don't think it's lack of will - Harry seems to have lost that vital intention he had and crispness to his game.

Apart from lack of sharp pressing, I believe it has also affected his decision making around the box.

I also mourn the loss of his ability to roast players and drive by them like he used to.

In short: his game has gone a bit flat.

Can he cream the ball from the half way line and make sneezy look like the rat-mug that he his? Sure.

He's got that all day.

Can he regain that effervescence and ability to surge that he used to have prior to his injuries?

Not too sure; but, naturally, I'm praying for it.

People tend to take criticism of some players a bit too personally.

Bit too emotional.

Last edited:
Jesus, people are doubting the Kane🤔

The guy has set the bar so high that the slightest underperformance hails criticism.

If we can get a balance of consistency sorted out behind him the guy will score 30+ goals a season.
...as long as his ankle holds out against the boots that will be targetting him.

I worry that he'll get crocked every season, now the opposition are aware that his ankle is his achilles heel.
You may be right but I hope not.

I'm anticipating that VAR may offer him some protection. The intentional tread on his ankle my result in a red card for the defender.

However, it's no consolation if it results in him being out for two months.

Harry has been our top goal scorer for the last 5 seasons and will be top scorer this season.
He is our 4th highest goal scorer of all time. He needs 10 goals to be our 3rd best total goal scorer of all time.
He needs 10 more league goals to be our 3rd highest scorer.
Before the end of November he will be 3rd behind Greaves and Smith in both lists. Not sluggish at all.

Back
Top Bottom