Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We've appeared to play better as a "team" when he's been injured and less so on his return.

That's not really a contraversial position.

It's been clear, and noted by many.

Kane's core attributes are unquestionable.

He's a beast.

What concerns me is he's lost his edge.

Anyone who's been paying attention to our game will realise that the vast majority of our successful play comes from pressing from the front.

When that isn't effective, we struggle.

Through injury - because I don't think it's lack of will - Harry seems to have lost that vital intention he had and crispness to his game.

Apart from lack of sharp pressing, I believe it has also affected his decision making around the box.

I also mourn the loss of his ability to roast players and drive by them like he used to.

In short: his game has gone a bit flat.

Can he cream the ball from the half way line and make sneezy look like the rat-mug that he his? Sure.

He's got that all day.

Can he regain that effervescence and ability to surge that he used to have prior to his injuries?

Not too sure; but, naturally, I'm praying for it.

People tend to take criticism of some players a bit too personally.

Bit too emotional.

He hasn't lost anything since his injuries, strained ankle ligaments are things you fully recover from. The big problem he had last season was the lack of a proper pre season after the world cup. He should ideally have had August off but we weren't in a position to do that, and then twice, just as he's got into his flow, he gets ankle strains.

His toughest season for us but he was still vital for us. In truth, we rarely played well with or without it - midfield being the central problem. We dug out results throughout the season and finished a pretty broken shell of a team and the cushion we'd had saved us thankfully - and Ole at wheel and Dick hedging his bets between the Europa and PL.

We've appeared to play better as a "team" when he's been injured and less so on his return.

He's a beast.

Anyone who's been paying attention to our game will realise that the vast majority of our successful play comes from pressing from the front.

Through injury - because I don't think it's lack of will - Harry seems to have lost that vital intention he had and crispness to his game.

Apart from lack of sharp pressing, I believe it has also affected his decision making around the box.

I also mourn the loss of his ability to roast players and drive by them like he used to.

Can he cream the ball from the half way line and make sneezy look like the rat-mug that he his? Sure.

He's got that all day.

Can he regain that effervescence and ability to surge that he used to have prior to his injuries?

Bit too emotional.
Bollocks. We were much worse without him at the end of last season.

He's a beast.

He's got that all day.

Bit too emotional.

Addicted.

To.

Enter.

Key.

Or.

Never.

Heard.

Of.

Paragraphs???

#Contr-A-versial

Last edited:
Then the men in the box would have been a bunch of clueless cunts.

(Similarly, not every elbow is a red. The malice needs to be there.)
We'll see.

I think this season every elbow in the face will be deemed violent conduct and be given a red.

The aggrieved will claim it's 'getting leverage' or 'where should I put my arms' but the Ref's won't go big on 'malice' (or not).

They'll just award a red.

Rather like hands in the area. Intentional or not, natural or unnatural, they'll be given.

We'll see.

I think this season every elbow in the face will be deemed violent conduct and be given a red.

Surely that flies in the face of the very point of VAR.....

i.e. Big calls corrected with the insight that a second look provides....

The aggrieved will claim it's 'getting leverage' or 'where should I put my arms' but the Ref's won't go big on 'malice' (or not).

They'll just award a red.

Rather like hands in the area. Intentional or not, natural or unnatural, they'll be given.

Been here before with you, but the Utd player pulling Sissoko's leg away is a factor that VAR would (theroetically) highlight, not ignore.

Surely that flies in the face of the very point of VAR.....

i.e. Big calls corrected with the insight that a second look provides....

Agreed.

However when the player is writhing on the ground clutching his face, the opposition will call for VAR claiming it was a 'clear and obvious mistake' relating to violent conduct. Violent conduct is regarded as a 'big call'.

We've done the Sissoko bit to death. We disagree. Only a couple of weeks to wait until we see how the officials use VAR.

Agreed.

However when the player is writhing on the ground clutching his face, the opposition will call for VAR claiming it was a 'clear and obvious mistake' relating to violent conduct. Violent conduct is regarded as a 'big call'.

Sure, but upon review, if it's bogus, VAR should expose that.... So let them. Hopefully seeing that any 'actors' will get a yellow in the process.

Yes, works both ways. Simulation = yellow card.

Again we're not blameless, Dele and Son spring to mind.

Hang on, I've not for a moment suggested none of our players have ever transgressed.

Just questioning your assessment of the MS incident & VAR in general.

(Tho' for what it's worth I feel Sonny, was under extreme provocation and that the punishment was not befitting of the crime even if it was 'by the book').

I say Wanyama should elbow smash Grealish across the nose bridge with the first 2 mins of the match, just to put a marker down and test VAR.

Win win for us he gets sent off surely we can beat Villa with 10 men and their most influential player off the pitch. We can the flog big Vic to some continental outpost

If not we can all agree that VAR isn't the key to end our moans

Back
Top Bottom