Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’ve said this elsewhere but I really do think Poch should have used Llorente more and adapted him to play in the team more frequently even when Harry was healthy.

He’s hardly played and we’d be in a better situation if Llorente had more games under his belt this season.

I’ve said this elsewhere but I really do think Poch should have used Llorente more and adapted him to play in the team more frequently even when Harry was healthy.

He’s hardly played and we’d be in a better situation if Llorente had more games under his belt this season.

We all said this last season too.

Almost as if Pochettino doesn't want to drop the best striker on the planet.

The assessments are always worst case with respect to Kane. He's been back ahead of schedule with every single ankle injury similar to this one. I'd bet he'll be back in training mid-February.

This exactly. Its an annual event - Kane gets injured, the press have a field day talking about a crisis, and melters fall over themselves to say "i told you so".

17/18 Ankle Injury - Days Out 20 Games Missed 2 - Won Both (including Chelsea Away)
17/18 Hamstring Injury - Days Out 7 Games Missed 2 - Won 1 (Liverpool Home) Lost 1
16/17 Ankle Injury - Days Out 24 Games Missed 3 - Won All 3
16/17 Ankle Injury - Days Out 49 Games Missed 12 - Won 5 (including City at Home) Drew 5 Lost 2

That long stretch in 16/17 doesn't look great but to give it some context - we played Jansen up front on his own in most of those games.

I agree that not having Son for the first month will be tough. But clearly its time for Lamela and Moura to step up as other players in our squad have time and time again when a "crisis" presents itself.

COYS

Last edited:

Poch also allowed Sissoko to play game after game when it did not appear he would ever fit our system. I think it's time to give Llorente the minutes and really see what we have. If there is another striker out there fine, but we have a game this weekend, right?

Poch also allowed Sissoko to play game after game when it did not appear he would ever fit our system. I think it's time to give Llorente the minutes and really see what we have. If there is another striker out there fine, but we have a game this weekend, right?

Wouldn't surprise me though if Llorente still isn't given a start at the weekend.

We've rested Kane plenty of times over the last 2 seasons and sometimes Llorente hasn't even made the bench.

Isn't it SICKENING that the England captain and star centre-forward is allowed to be KICKED OFF THE PARK every week, and called a "diver" by the FA until he is completely broken??

Meanwhile Egyptian Mo Salah dives every week and gets 'soft' penalties easily, French player Ampechang is a serial cheat and is highly protected, Eden Hazard has NEVER been called a diver despite the number of free kicks he receives every single match!

I only wish Pochettino would stick up for Harry but he is English not Argie. But shame on the English FA, the English refs, and the English media!

Poor planning though. We were up by 4 goals vs Bournemouth, around 60 minutes , ideal time to give you second striker some minutes as well...but Llorente gets subbed in with 1 or 2 minutes to go. Bit stupid to give him 2 minutes. Not sure what the score was against everton around 60 minutes but probably similar situation.

Poor planning though. We were up by 4 goals vs Bournemouth, around 60 minutes , ideal time to give you second striker some minutes as well...but Llorente gets subbed in with 1 or 2 minutes to go. Bit stupid to give him 2 minutes. Not sure what the score was against everton around 60 minutes but probably similar situation.

I don't disagree.

Llorente wasn't even on the bench against Everton. But yeah, he could have done with 20 minutes against Bournemouth in a game that was clearly over at half time.

We scored the 3-0 after 35 minutes, might as well have given him the second half, yet he played 4 minutes.

He wouldn't even have had to drop Harry. Poch has talked about wanting to play a 2 striker system. And Harry and Fernando have proven a workable duo in just the few short cameos they have had. Sure it's rough around the edges. But there is something there.

Doesn't mean Fernando would have had to start every game. But he could have gotten subbed on sooner and we could have morphed our formation into one with two strikers.

Not great news. Do we have enough in our squad to step up and cover? Maybe. But Son's absence makes this all the more difficult. I guess it's just not our Spurs without some drama. And I'm not holding out for any signings to cover it, but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

What's the Ginger Pele doing these days ?
:sonhmm:

RONALD-MCDONALD.png

We are not going to get a replacement for Kane bedded in by the time he is fit. Son will be back after 5 matches. Dembele looks gone and is not coming back. Wanyama looks no closer to ever coming back. Players like Dele, Lamela and Eriksen can play in several positions but if they have to cover for Dembele and Wanyama they cannot cover Son and Kane. The need to replace Dembele and Wanyama is permanent and we should do our best to bring someone in now to cover that and leave the replacement of Llorente/back up to Kane to the summer.
1 new player to replace Dembele is the best we can expect. We are seriously less likely to end up with silverware now and top 4 is now in danger but if we can get through the next 5 games and get Son back we can still have a good season.

Back
Top Bottom