Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dont think Poch will start Llorente. Is Dier fit to play now? I think Lucas will probably start if fit as Son's replacement for pace down the wing.
I thought Dier was back in contention at least... maybe only on the bench for now...

Moura for Son is most 'like for like', but on Sunday, I have a hunch Poch would favour someone like Llorente against Fulham... if ONLY to give him SOME game time and up to speed ahead of the big 2 months ahead!!

Janssen really doesn't feature in ANY off this, does he?

Turns out it wasn't Phil Jones that injured Harry. But a rogue Tranmere player
It's crazy innit??
One thing has nothing to do with the other...

It's like blaming De Gea, 'cos if he'd not had such a good game, we'd have been 4 or 5-1 up, and in a position to bring Kane off with 5-10 remaining... he wouldn't even have been on the pitch in the final minutes, and it would have been Llorente currently nursing damaged ligaments!!
Bloody David De Gea!

[formation=4231, Lloris, Trippier, Jan, Toby, Rose/Davies, Winks, Dier, Lamela, Dele, Eriksen, Llorente][/formation]

How's that?

I’d have a back three of Verts Toby and Sanchez

Definitely no Trippier and Rose instead of Davies but otherwise yes

yeah and the fact he wants out because he has seen a cash cow come his way. Not the sort of player we want TBH.
Couldn’t care less right now.....that’s the situation we’ve put ourselves in by neglecting our 2nd and 3rd strikers and acting as if Kane is a robot.

Even when it’s said we’re fatigued people still justify playing him meaninglessly in games, so this is the result really.

Maybe a rotated, sharper, less overworked Kane avoids that challenge in the first place....or heals quicker.

Or wasn’t he fatigued this week

Couldn’t care less right now.....that’s the situation we’ve put ourselves in by neglecting our 2nd and 3rd strikers and acting as if Kane is a robot.

Even when it’s said we’re fatigued people still justify playing him meaninglessly in games, so this is the result really.

Maybe a rotated, sharper, less overworked Kane avoids that challenge in the first place....or heals quicker.

Is it the same ankle that was injured last time?

I understand where you're coming from but it has the potential to do more harm than good. I would feel more comfortable with Lucas or Lamella going up front and another winger coming in to support as there will be less pressure on the new man.

Imagine first day in training for a new striker:

Poch: Look lad, we're fucked, we want you to take the place of the best striker on the planet and save our season
Poch: Where did he go?

I agree Kane should be benched when we look comfortable but at the start of a game you are never going to know how the opposition will play so he has to start. A player like Kane with his style is always going to draw fouls, maybe his ankles are weaker due to past injuries – not sure.

[formation=4231, Lloris, Trippier, Jan, Toby, Rose/Davies, Winks, Dier, Lamela, Dele, Eriksen, Llorente][/formation]

How's that?
Opponents defence could sit on the half way line with that pace in our team.

Ideally Llorente would hold it up for and flick it on for Son/Lucas...

Feel sorry for our attack, shits gona get so congested. No threats of runs in behind. Rose and Aurier/KWP deperately needed to add some dynamism and width.

Is it the same ankle that was injured last time?

No idea, I think it’s the other one.
For the record I don’t think it’s fatigue, but Kane has had five injury lay offs now in 2.5 seasons, plus a World Cup.

We’ve consistently rushed him back last seasons Bournemouth injury being the worst example and his form was hideous after.

It’s getting to the point where we are risking the player being tagged “injury prone”.

I’m merely playing devils advocate here...people claiming he’s fatigued but never advocating he’s rested, and never making a connection with him getting injured every season and him being played too much and never rotated.

I’m pretty sure if it was under Redknapp the same people would have been hysterical that he was used at Tranmere.

Poch: Look lad, we're fucked, we want you to take the place of the best striker on the planet and save our season
Poch: Where did he go?

Coming from the other side of this, Poch could change his stance, and tell the guy that this isn’t about the next two months.

He could say it publicly too to get the wolves off his back.

Poch could actually rethink his policy here, sign a striker that he intends to rotate with Kane and one that has a future here as an integral part of our squad.

People keep saying “benchwarmer”
That’s on Poch though, it’s not set in the stars that Kane can’t be dropped it’s simply a choice.

Lamela, Sanchez Rose, Foyth, Winks, Dier and Moura are also “benchwarmers”

Doesn’t mean they aren’t vital to the squad.

Coming from the other side of this, Poch could change his stance, and tell the guy that this isn’t about the next two months.

He could say it publicly too to get the wolves off his back.

Poch could actually rethink his policy here, sign a striker that he intends to rotate with Kane and one that has a future here as an integral part of our squad.

People keep saying “benchwarmer”
That’s on Poch though, it’s not set in the stars that Kane can’t be dropped it’s simply a choice.

Lamela, Sanchez Rose, Foyth, Winks, Dier and Moura are also “benchwarmers”

Doesn’t mean they aren’t vital to the squad.

Again I understand what you're saying but if the new striker really isn't meant to be our saviour then rushing to buy the wrong person now doesn't make sense. If we do get someone young now, unless they are a complete tool they will know the score and most fans will be on their and the clubs back pretty quickly...

I'm not sure the players you listed would agree they are at Kane's level and they will understand (less so Dier) that they will have to take their chances when given. Certain players are a start regardless, Kane is one of them but should be rested later in games.

The last time Kane got injured we pulled of some of our best results, Sonny really stepped up so, hang on, fuck, he’s away on holidays again isn’t he, never mind Alli was scoring goals for fun too, damn, he’s actually forgot where the goal is in the league, fuck, fuck, fuck......ok calm down, Llorente is well rested and it will be as if Kane is still playing.....
:dembele:

No idea, I think it’s the other one.
For the record I don’t think it’s fatigue, but Kane has had five injury lay offs now in 2.5 seasons, plus a World Cup.

We’ve consistently rushed him back last seasons Bournemouth injury being the worst example and his form was hideous after.

It’s getting to the point where we are risking the player being tagged “injury prone”.

I’m merely playing devils advocate here...people claiming he’s fatigued but never advocating he’s rested, and never making a connection with him getting injured every season and him being played too much and never rotated.

I’m pretty sure if it was under Redknapp the same people would have been hysterical that he was used at Tranmere.

I’ve disagreed with you on this before but you may have a point

Not sure how many lay offs have been attributable to his ankles which was why I asked if it was the same one

A bit of a concern now as I don’t think Nando is the answer more of a throw on last resort aka Fellaini which didn’t work last time as he missed a sitter

I read that he came on against Tranmere as Poch wanted to show the locals an icon?
Maybe Harry just fancied a run out but either way his fitness needs to be managed more effectively and Poch needs to address this

Gutted he’s missing next weeks semi against the Nazis

I’ve disagreed with you on this before but you may have a point

Not sure how many lay offs have been attributable to his ankles which was why I asked if it was the same one

A bit of a concern now as I don’t think Nando is the answer more of a throw on last resort aka Fellaini which didn’t work last time as he missed a sitter

I read that he came on against Tranmere as Poch wanted to show the locals an icon?
Maybe Harry just fancied a run out but either way his fitness needs to be managed more effectively and Poch needs to address this

Gutted he’s missing next weeks semi against the Nazis
I heard from an alleged friend via a 3rd party....
He has a stipulation in his contract that he plays every game its possible for him to play.
probably bollo, but....

I heard from an alleged friend via a 3rd party....
He has a stipulation in his contract that he plays every game its possible for him to play.
probably bollo, but....

I very much doubt that, to me reasons he played at Tranmere:

a) He'd be fucked off travelling all that way and not playing
b) He get huge appearance and goal bonuses....easy for Poch to keep players sweet when they earn £50k for jogging around a bit
c) if you play you don't have to train the following day / if you don't you do....players don't like training

Back
Top Bottom