Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought he joined United?
Elite club is the new Buzzword for used to be good but now crap and sells a lot of tractors / water in Asia. An elite player based upon if the player joins one of these clubs with a big transfer fee.

Hence Pogba was better than Ali last year as Pogba is an elite player. Ibra was a better player last year than Kane...

Except I didn't make any comments that condemn him yet you are condemning me because of it.
How does that work?
Because you made the comments on a reply to a discussion on the article, if they had no reason to be there, why make them. Sorry but the purpose of them being there wasn't clear, hence my comment, or question.....

Which is completely subjective and therefore cannot be measured.

Why subjective? Because we would have to take him to the Americas and Asia to prove it? The point was that he hasn't shown his mettle against players from there - hence his point that he can't be called world class yet - surely you can see that reasoning, even if you disagree with it.

Frofl... Florentino Perez saying he hasn't looked at Kane because he would cost too much.

"Signing Harry Kane has not passed through my head. He is a great player and in addition he is young, He has many years to progress, but we are delighted with [Karim] Benzema and with all of the team[...] I didn't ask Tottenham's president [chairman, Daniel Levy] for the price because he would have told me that he [Kane] is worth €250million."

Which then begs the question, if Madrid isn't considering Kane why are the media constantly reporting it? Hmmm, could it be they're making shit up for clicks?

Why subjective? Because we would have to take him to the Americas and Asia to prove it? The point was that he hasn't shown his mettle against players from there - hence his point that he can't be called world class yet - surely you can see that reasoning, even if you disagree with it.

I don't disagree but it's subjective because the definition of "showing his metal" is vague and cannot be quantified.
When does any player become world class?
Does he have to score a goal in the final of CL/WC?
Do they have to win the final?
Will a hattrick in a semi-final be good enough?
Do assists count? If so how many?

Take Bale as an example.
Did he become world class that night versus Inter?
Was he not world class before that?
Maybe he only became world class when he pulled on the Madrid shirt.
Maybe he only became world class when Wales got to semis of Euros.
Maybe hes still not world class.

If you asked a thousand "experts" guaranteed you would not get a consensus (look at the shambles of those FIFA awards).

My point has always been that because its such a vague definition then opinions will always vary. None of which can be incorrect.
These experts (along with the rest of us) have their bias. Their definition of world class will likely vary (or exceptions will be made) dependant on which player they are talking about.

Yawn

Spurs definitely have not been given enough credit for that goal. Lloris showed good handling and threw a brave ball up field which showed great faith in his teammate. Harry showed great skill and read the situation a few seconds earlier than Lovren, he feinted and ran in behind and judged the throw perfectly, sometimes skill can come from the brain not just the feet. Then the ball was inch perfect, the pace of Son was lightning and the 1st time side foot finish with the ball off the ground was superb!

Lovren made a mistake but Harry drew the mistake. Put it this way if that goal was a throw from Ederson to De Bruyne who then set up Jesus, they would be purring.
One of those unique moments, where lloris much maligned distribution led to a goal. We should treasure it.

Back
Top Bottom