Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Imagine the grit and determination of a team made up of Championship players.
Mate, that team exists and it's called Scotland/Northern Ireland. And if we're moaning about winning just 8/10 in qualifying imagine the griping with worse (but really "passionate") players in the squad.

Edit: completely agree watching England has lost the magic.

Last edited:
I don't know where it went wrong. I used to LOVE and I mean LOVE England games, get down the pub with a loads of mates, barely be able to get through the door, everyone singing 'It's coming home' jumping around together. But now Meh, hardly check for the results... Such a shame, I've had some great times out.

The FA should be ashamed and so should the players for ruining it. Perhaps we need to ban top league players from the team. Imagine the grit and determination of a team made up of Championship players.

I mean Henderson, how has he even made it as a footballer, he looks and moves like a bricklayer.
So the US or Irish national teams?

You realise the nomination must be nonsense because we've been told numerous times he can't be nominated until he moves to a "big" club!!

Although i'm sure the rhetoric will now be that he can't win it until he moves to "big" club.

They really are scraping the barrel for their bullshit :)

Providing he stays with us and stays healthy, I think he will break all the records. Hes 40 behind Rooney for England, 156 behind Greaves for Spurs and 176 Prem goals behind Shearer. What order do you think he will break the records in? I think Spurs record, England then Premier. All within 10 years. Plus he will get a Balon d’or. And no, I didn’t see it coming when he missed a penalty against Hearts in the Europa all those years ago. Thought he would be the next Rory Allen. All credit to him.

The Ballon d'Or shortlist proves what us Spurs fans have been talking about for a while now.

Strikers on that list (Not counting CR/Messi/Dybala/Neymar as strikers):
Aubameyang (92 goals since 15/16 season)
Benzema (48 goals since last season)
Cavani (85 goals since last season)
Dzeko (57 goals since 15/16 season)
Falcao (44 goals since 15/16 season)
Lewandowski (97 goals since 15/16 season)
Kane (74 goals since 15/16 season)
Suarez (98 goals since 15/16 season)
Mertens (54 goals since 15/16 season)

Only Aubameyang, Cavani, Lewandowski and Suarez have more goals than Kane.
Cavani is in a tinpot league and still misses loads of chances.

So Harry Kane is easily among the top 5 strikers in the world. And considering the age of the others, there's not a striker in the world more impressive than our Harry.

Personally I would rank Lewandowski 1, Kane 2, Aubameyang 3 and Suarez 4. If Kane was as fast as Aguero, he would easily be number 1.

What a time to be alive for Spurs fans! One of own could become the greatest striker in the world in a few years.

What did the best English Striker ever, Alan Shearer, win
1 Title.

Why didn’t he leave Newcastle?
Can’t remember the press saying he needs to move to a bigger club to win stuff.

And the rest!
Just a cool £680k per week combined. Modric = £180k, Benzema = £150k pw, Bale £350k pw.

In context, given what they pay Bale per week and what they have got in return, Real Madrid have had their pants well and truly pulled down. Given the fee they paid as well it's it's daylight robbery, my heart bleeds for them. Quick calculation, looks like he has cost them £1, 050,000 per game!!!
:dembelelol:

Just a cool £680k per week combined. Modric = £180k, Benzema = £150k pw, Bale £350k pw.

In context, given what they pay Bale per week and what they have got in return, Real Madrid have had their pants well and truly pulled down. Given the fee they paid as well it's it's daylight robbery, my heart bleeds for them. Quick calculation, looks like he has cost them £1, 050,000 per game!!!
:dembelelol:

How much is that per CL trophy?

He has repaid more than most footballers. He's mostly been terrific for them when not injured.

Back
Top Bottom