Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's entirely managerial. The talent is there if utilised properly. But that's not going to happen with a guy in charge who failed at Middlesbrough.

----------------------Butland-----------------------
--------Jones-------Keane--------Stones------
Walker-------Dier----------Winks---------Rose
----------------Dele--------Rashford-------------
-----------------------Kane--------------------------

Subs - Pickford, Cahill, Bertrand, Barkley, Lallana, Sterling, Welbeck

If that side had a manager like say Thomas Tuchel, who is out of work, in charge at next years World Cup we'd have a chance. The bench is rather weak though along with the defence.

When you have someone like Southgate playing wingers as number 10's (Sterling) and centre forwards (Rashford) and central midfielders (Oxlade-Chamberlain) on the wing, you're fucked.

I agree that Southgate is a shit choice, as you point out his track record is shit. Same with Hodgson and others, failures who get rewarded with the big job. It's stupid. But I think we are lacking in talent in important areas. Our goalkeeper is not great, our central defense is not great and we lack creativity. The only players who are up to it as Spurs, ex-Spurs, and Rashford.

I agree that Southgate is a shit choice, as you point out his track record is shit. Same with Hodgson and others, failures who get rewarded with the big job. It's stupid. But I think we are lacking in talent in important areas. Our goalkeeper is not great, our central defense is not great and we lack creativity. The only players who are up to it as Spurs, ex-Spurs, and Rashford.
Agree with all except goalkeeper. I think Butland is a great keeper, very underrated. And Pickford's ceiling is sky high.

As you say, we really need to find our next great CB. Stones is decent enough, Michael Keane is decent. But we need an elite CB.

View on the whole De Boer affair?
worst decision ever - And i stated so pre season. we didnt have the players to fit his style(we only have a few players that can move it about well, if that. He has only one style as proved in the past. which only worked with the best players in his home league. I don't think Parish is that stupid not to see this, however i think the 3 new owners pushed the manager on to Parish as they collectively have control yet know fck all about football let alone the PL.

Then signing Hodgson was a mistake IMO. But even if he had started the season we would have been on possibly 3-7 points from the first 4 games anyway- then we hit these impossible games. and it's becoming a joke.

Zaha should hopefully get us out of some trouble once the fixtures get easier. but I am facing the drop already. Roy was faffing about in the england job and could not stick on a first 11 during the last tourney. He is past his best. But the tragedy was off course losing Sam, and Pulis and i suppose even Pardew even if it was his own making. Who else is there to get us out of the hole of going down? those three are the masters of it.

worst decision ever - And i stated so pre season. we didnt have the players to fit his style(we only have a few players that can move it about well, if that. He has only one style as proved in the past. which only worked with the best players in his home league. I don't think Parish is that stupid not to see this, however i think the 3 new owners pushed the manager on to Parish as they collectively have control yet know fck all about football let alone the PL.

Then signing Hodgson was a mistake IMO. But even if he had started the season we would have been on possibly 3-7 points from the first 4 games anyway- then we hit these impossible games. and it's becoming a joke.

Zaha should hopefully get us out of some trouble once the fixtures get easier. but I am facing the drop already. Roy was faffing about in the england job and could not stick on a first 11 during the last tourney. He is past his best. But the tragedy was off course losing Sam, and Pulis and i suppose even Pardew even if it was his own making. Who else is there to get us out of the hole of going down? those three are the masters of it.
Sorry mate, but I would swap you lot for Fulham in a New York second.

Decided to study the off the ball movement just for a couple minutes in the second half yesterday, quite frankly because I was bored.

Oxlade was actually moving behind the Slovenian players whenever Dier or Henderson got the ball, not moving into space, literally hiding behind a marker to avoid receiving the ball, this happened 3/4 times in one spell of possession. Honestly couldn't believe what I was seeing. Lack of confidence is one thing, but that is a clear lack of bottle.

Makes me value Dele even more who shows for the ball even when nothing is coming off for him

It was everyone doing that, made me think it was by design or lack of coaching - it was like a QB run forward behind players in straight lines and Hendo can pump it forwards.

You’re absolutely spot on. Had some fantastic nights down the years watching England. I remember packed out pubs, singing, beer everywhere. Untamed enthusiasm. These days, I just can’t be arsed with it. I’m interested only to see how spurs players do, & just hope that none of them return with injuries.
The international scene just doesn’t have a buzz around it any more.

Jesus, we're all in the same boat, when is the FA going to wake up and realise this? Time after time the appointments have not been what the man on the street wants and every time they fail. Really pisses me off as it's a great opportunity to get opposing fans/mates together.

I remember standing on a table drinking Stella with another 20 people as Beckham kicked out to get sent off and the grown coming from the pub, that was after the only truly astonishing thing Owen did in his career. What followed was a unified pub as we stepped up to the penalty spot...

Where have those moments gone? I've not changed, the pubs still show it, my mates are still around but we all feel the same. Guts me writing this.

I want to be excited a World Cup is coming, I want those dates circled in the dairy years before, I want the qualification diagram on the wall, mid day sessions... Lost voices... the list goes on...

Sorry mate, but I would swap you lot for Fulham in a New York second.

We are used to that mate(your wrong but its water of a ducks back ;) ). Love the championship anyway. great league. Thats where real banter happens because we compete and score goals. The issue is losing our beloved Zaha and his skill level but attitude issue may hurt him at another club as he comes across like the big man, and other pros will not take that and if he hasn't matured it becomes a negative to his game. At palace it is tolerated and understood.. But if Palace go down to the Champs he won't want to play in it and we wont be able to afford to turn down a relatively big offer or his wages. And benteke will also go. I think the only manager that could aid him is yours as poch can deal with youth. But he wont be starting ,to start with, that will annoy him, but maybe make him. You have offered for him before but obviously in this market they were way too low offers.

Wow. Now a Palace fans has come and saying nice tuings about our club. Before its Huddersfield. Could it be that we finally became people's champion that all neutral support instead of the opposite?

Now i gotta say, i think Palace got quality decent players all around the pitch. With the right circumstances, and adding a bit more quality you lot could be the best of the rest. Just like what Big Sam shows. Seriously there is a balance in the squad. It is such a wonder how it could gone so bad.
But these kind of situation Palace is in, its gonna take a lot to turn it around. These psychological state can sometimes turn decent players bad permanently. Maybe you need a couple of lucky wins to then kick off a little better.
And i really cant see Hodgson be that guy to inject that confidence.

And benteke will also go. I think the only manager that could aid him is yours as poch can deal with youth. But he wont be starting ,to start with, that will annoy him, but maybe make him. You have offered for him before but obviously in this market they were way too low offers.

Youth? He's 27 in December FFS. Glad you lot ended up with that rotten apple in your lunch sack. Best you can hope for is he scores some goals and you can mug off Spam or Newcastle in January. Benteke will never get above midtable again, he's had it.

BTW, over at Red Cafe half their current page discussing Harry Kane is about whether he's good looking enough for Real Madrid.

It's hilarious how many of that lot still think they are the only draw in English football. They're (rightly) dismissive of the oil clubs, yet think that they have the right to act like them.

Wow. Now a Palace fans has come and saying nice tuings about our club. Before its Huddersfield. Could it be that we finally became people's champion that all neutral support instead of the opposite?

Now i gotta say, i think Palace got quality decent players all around the pitch. With the right circumstances, and adding a bit more quality you lot could be the best of the rest. Just like what Big Sam shows. Seriously there is a balance in the squad. It is such a wonder how it could gone so bad.
But these kind of situation Palace is in, its gonna take a lot to turn it around. These psychological state can sometimes turn decent players bad permanently. Maybe you need a couple of lucky wins to then kick off a little better.
And i really cant see Hodgson be that guy to inject that confidence.
A sensible poster, you deserve the credit from neutrals, your team is a credit to the league - ta for the positives on palace. Fans like you will maintain credit from others. Sensitive or cocky fans can be the problem over the team for neatrals. I am a fan of football at its core, and I give credit when due. Tottenham are the team I would love to see take some silverware. But with chelsea , man u and man city in the form they are it's gonna be tough. For palace and only 30 games to score points with Roy!!(counting Chelsea as a loss already) i am fearing the worst, but the silver lining is i like the championship as a league, it's nice to compete every week!

But even Zaha is now 24 years old. He should be starting to enter his prime, not continually banking upon being something promising for the future.
Yes I made the point he is immature , and could struggle at another club, i think he has only half learnt from the experience at united- however he is a huge player for palace, and maybe could be for your club if poch can work his magic. This stats last year where vastly improved - his skills are still there and he still attempts the most dribbles and not only succeeds in many he has the ability to draw fouls time and time again , so he doesn't lose possession that much, and his numbers(goals, assists, key passes, chances created) increased quite a lot from seasons before.

Back
Top Bottom