Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Because we'd be losing arguably the best CF in the world & getting nothing in return? Because Levy's ego couldn't tolerate accepting Kane had probably outgrown us & taking a big fee and rebuilding? If we lose him on a free its terrible management of the situation.

And like it or not, Kane is better than we currently are as a team. Proof is in the fact that we wouldn't even be in the discussion for a player of his caliber if he played elsewhere. He was wrong to go out and speak with Neville on the golf course & wrong to not turn up for training, but he's not wrong to not sign a contract and stay quiet.
Levy’s club as you say has got us to semis and finals, on numerous occasions. The little bald fuck doesn’t play for us, the players should have got us over the line one numerous occasions.

Then hand in a transfer request and stop playing a fucking possum. He’s a big boy, stop hiding behind his shit face brother. I’m not a spotty teenager, I don’t have his poster on my wall, if he wants to go why not just man up, balls up and say it?

He very publicly said in an interview with Neville that he wanted to go and had discussed leaving with the chairman, he doesn't need to continue to repeat this. Handing in a transfer request would achieve nothing, Levy doesn't care.

By not signing a contract he continues to make it clear he doesn't want to be here. By speaking to Bayern he makes it crystal clear. It's just up to whether the club are prepared to accept the bids or let his contract run down.

If he really was "one of our own", he would speak out after the Bayern board member spoke about him and the stunt By the Bild reporter.

There is no way that a player who loves the club lets us be disrespected that much and says nothing IMO.
Exactly, they are ripping the piss and Harry says fuck all.

He very publicly said in an interview with Neville that he wanted to go and had discussed leaving with the chairman, he doesn't need to continue to repeat this. Handing in a transfer request would achieve nothing, Levy doesn't care.

By not signing a contract he continues to make it clear he doesn't want to be here. By speaking to Bayern he makes it crystal clear. It's just up to whether the club are prepared to accept the bids or let his contract run down.
THEN HAND IN A TRANSFER REQUEST AND FORGO YOUR BONUS!!!!! What are you not hearing here? You clearly support Harry over THFC.

But the rumour was Man City didn't offer our asking price two years ago.

Bayern are trying the same now.

If Levy has said that he'd accept x amount and we get offered it then I expect Kane to go.

Until then what can he do? Are you suggesting he takes any amount just so we have something?

The rumour was City were willing to go up to 120m and we weren't even speaking to them. Pep even came out and said "they won't even speak to us about it".

Levy won't budge.

THEN HAND IN A TRANSFER REQUEST AND FORGO YOUR BONUS!!!!! What are you not hearing here?

Nobody hands in transfer requests these days. Who was the last player who did that?

All that does is lose him money if he does go. It doesn't actually force anything at all. Levy won't accept less from Bayern because Kane handed in a fucking transfer request. I imagine you wouldn't set fire to millions of pounds either.

The way players let clubs know they want to leave now is they just run their contract down and wait for the club to blink.

If our asking price was £150m then why would we speak to them about £120m?

Kane had 3 years left. They're Man City.

They were taking the piss.

Because that's generally what happens in a negotiation.

And according to basically every journo close to Spurs now, we're going to knock back every offer under 120m this summer as well. Despite him being in his final year. It's just not proportionate or happening, and the fact clubs aren't lining up to make the offers prove it.

80/90m this summer would be fair & a club would pay it. If you want to allow domestic clubs in to the discussion you might get 100-110, but we won't. So we will end up with 0, and feel big and brave for it.

I don’t get your thinking
Nobody hands in transfer requests these days. Who was the last player who did that?

All that does is lose him money if he does go. It doesn't actually force anything at all. Levy won't accept less from Bayern because Kane handed in a fucking transfer request. I imagine you wouldn't set fire to millions of pounds either.

The way players let clubs know they want to leave now is they just run their contract down and wait for the club to blink.
Stirling? Wasn’t that long ago, much respect and showed what he wanted. Kane is letting BM mug us off, I simply don’t get where your coming from.

Tell me one thing, and don’t fucking hide… I’d this acceptable?

I don’t get your thinking

Stirling? Wasn’t that long ago, much respect and showed what he wanted. Kane is letting BM mug us off, I simply don’t get where your coming from.

Is what acceptable? 120m? Probably about fair, yeah.

Couldn't find a single reliable report Sterling handed in an official request. Why would he? It's setting fire to millions of pounds for no reason. Players don't do that, I have no doubt he's told Levy behind closed doors he wants to leave.

And if he went out in public and said "I want to go" everybody would hate him more. Lose lose situation.

And according to basically every journo close to Spurs now, we're going to knock back every offer under 120m this summer as well. Despite him being in his final year. It's just not proportionate or happening, and the fact clubs aren't lining up to make the offers prove it.

80/90m this summer would be fair & a club would pay it. If you want to allow domestic clubs in to the discussion you might get 100-110, but we won't. So we will end up with 0, and feel big and brave for it.
The asking price is £100m last I heard.

We were right to not negotiate two years ago imo. We had a price. It was an oil club. In the same league. If they wanted him, pay our price.

I'll give you it is different this year. We should be more willing to negotiate.

We'll still have a figure though and it's still on Bayern to not take the piss. If they're being as prickish in private as they are in public then we shouldn't bend over easily for them.

Is what acceptable? 120m? Probably about fair, yeah.

Couldn't find a single reliable report Sterling handed in an official request. Why would he? It's setting fire to millions of pounds for no reason. Players don't do that, I have no doubt he's told Levy behind closed doors he wants to leave.

And if he went out in public and said "I want to go" everybody would hate him more. Lose lose situation.
Stirling handed in a transfer request at Liverpool. He’s been hounded by the press for completely fuck all stories all his career, for no reason when he does something in the right way it can’t be found. Wonder why that is, Jesus wept.

Ha I’ve been to the Lane numerous times a decade ago where I heard *fenian* chants directed towards him, and the ginger Pele, let’s not get above ourselves here.
I’m have Irish blood and would have took offence to that shit but tbh I never heard that at all,If anything you started seeing a few tri colours at the Lane cos of Keane that you still see today

The only dickheadish behaviour from Kane was going golfing with Neville & not training. That was disrespectful and wrong, shit advice from his agent. That taints his legacy at Spurs a bit. He acted stupidly. Then followed up by deciding to not play for a few months.

Since then his behaviour has been perfectly fine. He's knuckled down & been an excellent professional, scoring 30 league goals in a team which finished 8th last season. Him wanting to leave this club is entirely understandable from any kind of rational perspective & he's kept that desire private. He owes us nothing more than that.

Stirling handed in a transfer request at Liverpool. He’s been hounded by the press for completely fuck all stories all his career, for no reason when he does something in the right way it can’t be found. Wonder why that is, Jesus wept.

Even if true the Sterling transfer was a long, long time ago and I imagine his loyalty bonus was significantly lower than anything Kane would get.

The fact there's so few examples of it proves the point. Kane wants to go, we all know it, he doesn't need to hand in an official request to prove it. It's now just up to whether we can negotiate a fair fee with Bayern or if we lose him on a free.

I’m have Irish blood and would have took offence to that shit but tbh I never heard that at all,If anything you started seeing a few tri colours at the Lane cos of Keane that you still see today
*Fenian* isn’t really a derogatory name, if anything it’s hero status, but I defo heard it. I

Even if true the Sterling transfer was a long, long time ago and I imagine his loyalty bonus was significantly lower than anything Kane would get.

The fact there's so few examples of it proves the point. Kane wants to go, we all know it, he doesn't need to hand in an official request to prove it. It's now just up to whether we can negotiate a fair fee with Bayern or if we lose him on a free.
We will agree to disagree, Harry wants his cake and to munch down, I can already hear his *I love Spurs* as he licks his lips on some German sausage. Not for me, he had his chances for silverware for us and simply didn’t perform. It’s why he will never reach that level of Messi or Ronaldo or even Rooney, he didn’t lift his game when it mattered. He has had league cups, FA CUPS, European cups and even a World Cup, came up short. You can’t blame Levy or ENIC for that.

Last edited:
We will agree to disagree, Harry wants his cake and to munch down, I can already hear his *I love Spurs* as he licks his lips on some German sausage. Not for me, he had his chances for silverware for us and simply didn’t perform. It’s why he will never reach that level of Messi or Ronaldo or even Rooney, he didn’t lift his game when it mattered. He has had league cups, FA CUPS, European cups and even a World Cup, came up short. You can’t blame Levy or ENIC for that.

Kane isn't anywhere near as good as Messi or Ronaldo, or even prime Rooney. So that all make sense that he was never able to carry us in that way. He is however one of the better goalscorers of his generation, so as a key piece in a great puzzle he'll win loads. He's never been the 'drag them over the line' type and never will be because he lacks the explosiveness and variety in his game.

I'm really not interested in the ENIC debate in here. I blame Levy if we lose Kane on a free as it would be a disastrous thing to happen and we've had opportunities to get fees. It's no deeper than that.

Back
Top Bottom