Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There was a similar campaign for Mané last summer. Not this brain dead. But they certainly did their thing then as well.

And then threw a massive fit when Barca leaked that they were signing Lewandowski.
There would be plenty said if we had done that to Bayern

Sounds like a Smashing kid.
h947X7.gif

What English fan gives a fuck if an English player wins a German league? EVEN Shearer isn’t known as a PL winner more than he is as the all time PL goal scorer.

When you hear the name *Beckham* do you immediately think “ohhhhh La Liga winner* no you don’t. Le Tisser won fuck all but will always be remembered as a great player.

Kane will always be the Tottenham record goalscorer, noone is likely to beat that record. For how many years was Greaves remembered for just that. Plus Kane has the chance to put the England goals record out of sight. His current total in itself will be hard to be bettered.

So from a goalscoring point of view he is already a legend and will be one forever. That's his legacy........what he now does at club level will just be a personal bonus, a few Bundesliga trophies, a better chance of winning the CL etc.

Kane going to Munich is such an atrocious decision.

In footballing terms, it’s stupid. In personal terms, it’s stupid. Financially, it’s stupid.

It’s almost like Charlie hasn’t got a fucking clue what he’s doing and Harry is stupid enough to listen to him.

If he ran down his contract and left for nothing, he could get a mammoth signing fee with any club on the planet.

If he agreed a new contract with Tottenham, doubles his salary on the terms that it includes a respectable release clause, he makes a fuck ton of money and guarantees an exit next season if he wants it.

But instead he’s rushing a move to a comparative pub league just so he can win the Bundesliga. Losing out on money, respect and waving goodbye to a legacy.

His legacy is still there.

Kane will always be the Tottenham record goalscorer, noone is likely to beat that record. For how many years was Greaves remembered for just that. Plus Kane has the chance to put the England goals record out of sight. His current total in itself will be hard to be bettered.

So from a goalscoring point of view he is already a legend and will be one forever. That's his legacy........what he now does at club level will just be a personal bonus, a few Bundesliga trophies, a better chance of winning the CL etc.
Maybe for you, I don’t feel any real connection from him that’s genuine anymore. He is just a player who is employed by my club. For me a legend is someone who bleeds the club, Kane simply doesn’t IMO. He has disappeared up his own rectum, I’m Irish, well Northern Irish, and loved Keane but he can fuck off as well after the Liverpool BS. Am I tribal? Fucking right I am, if Kane wants to leave so bad, hand in a transfer request and do it the right way instead of being a greedy bastard, again just my opinion.

He is this clubs record scorer, one of our best players of all time, one of the best PL players of his era. I (and most fans) will have incredibly fond memories of him. He's given us most of his best years despite us being total rubbish for a lot of them. He's long since been far too good to be here, in truth.

People get over-emotional about this stuff. Like he has to sacrifice winning anything or he doesn't 'love' us enough. He obviously does love the club but he also has personal ambitions and shockingly doesn't want to end his career (as a world class player) with zero silverware in the cabinet.

He should've left years ago.

You're entitled to your own views of course.

But I think the analogy you draw here reveals that your views aren't broadly shared among the fanbase. Robbie Keane will still get an ovation whenever he turns up in Tottenham. So it will be with Kane, come what may.

And so he should.

If Kane goes, he will have earned the club a massive transfer fee having not paid a penny for him. On top of scoring more goals for us than anyone else and being generally brilliant. It's been a privilege to watch him play.

He's far too good to be stuck at a team who considers top 4 a great season. This is a player who should be involved in league + CL fights every single year. If he goes to Bayern instead of a rival that's the best scenario & I for one will be hoping he succeeds, he deserves it.

Maybe for you, I don’t feel any real connection from him that’s genuine anymore. He is just a player who is employed by my club. For me a legend is someone who bleeds the club, Kane simply doesn’t IMO. He has disappeared up his own rectum, I’m Irish, well Northern Irish, and loved Keane but he can fuck off as well after the Liverpool BS. Am I tribal? Fucking right I am, if Kane wants to leave so bad, hand in a transfer request and do it the right way instead of being a greedy bastard, again just my opinion.

Any examples, top 5 you can think of?

What English fan gives a fuck if an English player wins a German league? EVEN Shearer isn’t known as a PL winner more than he is as the all time PL goal scorer.

When you hear the name *Beckham* do you immediately think “ohhhhh La Liga winner* no you don’t. Le Tisser won fuck all but will always be remembered as a great player.
No one cares about le Tissier and thats what Kane will become if he doesnt do something soon.

And so he should.

If Kane goes, he will have earned the club a massive transfer fee having not paid a penny for him. On top of scoring more goals for us than anyone else and being generally brilliant. It's been a privilege to watch him play.

He's far too good to be stuck at a team who considers top 4 a great season. This is a player who should be involved in league + CL fights every single year. If he goes to Bayern instead of a rival that's the best scenario & I for one will be hoping he succeeds, he deserves it.
He should of left 2/3 years ago, I think he will regret not doing so, as he could have won much more.
Incidentally I think, top four is going to be a push now, with the rise of Newcastle, and villa coming into the mix it will be an achievement in itself.

Lot of people talking about what Kane will be remembered as...dont fucking care. He could have won us the ECL final or the LC final he didn't, he let us down as much as anyone else. He has been surrounded by crap for the last three years. But he has been surrounded by :Alderweireld ,Vertonghen Wanyama Dembele,Eriksen Dele Ali, Loris, Walker, Rose. Ledley King our last home grown hero won our last trophy with pascal Chomnonda and Didier Zakora and Jermain Jenas. Oh and he was imperious in that final, as he was in the game that qualified us for our first ECL campaign away at City, HE TURNED UP. He will be get his round of applause when he returns but I don't feel what I feel about Ledley Mabbutt Villa, Ardiles, ironically I feel more for Dele Ali who I think carries a flame for the team that Kane doesnt( I saw it when he came back with Everton). I'll tell my kids about how good he was in the same way I talk about Modric, and the moment he is playing for Bayern I'll not care a jot about what he wins. I love and support Spurs that's for life.

Last edited:
All things considered, Kane to Bayern would probably be as optimal a transfer scenario as there can be for us, assuming they cough up the money.

Just grates how Bayern and some of these media knobheads have been going about this. I guess that’s how the game is played but it makes you wish ill for this lot of bellends.

Back
Top Bottom