Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

True mate there were Catholics + Protestants in the Fenian movement but over the years it’s now derogatory term for Irish/Glasgow Catholics
If I was gonna rip on a Catholic friend of mine, which I have many I prefer *Taig*… to which I’d be called a Hun or an Orange bastard, all in jest ofc.:ange-arms:

Ha I’ve been to the Lane numerous times a decade ago where I heard *fenian* chants directed towards him, and the ginger Pele, let’s not get above ourselves here.
100% never heard a Fenian chant aimed at our Irish players. But 100% have heard such gems as “fuck off and dig the roads up Keane” and “paddy cunt” more than once aimed at Docherty. And in the Keane example it was pre Liverpool days. It happened. It still upsets me ( being Irish too ) but that’s football, things have got better over the years, but them block 31 days were a bit unforgiving.

In regards to what I saw today from that German journalist. Wow. That’s massively distracting and disrespectful to all of us. And Kane can do one if he joins that lot. The day you leave to the day you retire. Basically Tottenham come above your “success” so fuck you.

THEN HAND IN A TRANSFER REQUEST AND FORGO YOUR BONUS!!!!! What are you not hearing here? You clearly support Harry over THFC.

Wake up, everything has already been decided behind the scenes. Kane and Levy have come to an agreement that he can go to Bayern, he just has to behave himself and wait until the transfer fee is agreed. This will be an amicable transfer, Kane and Levy will each write their own letters to the fans explaining how it was difficult and regrettable but best for everyone concerned that now was the right time to part ways.

Levy wants him to go abroad, it's better than Kane joining a PL club for free.

100% never heard a Fenian chant aimed at our Irish players. But 100% have heard such gems as “fuck off and dig the roads up Keane” and “paddy cunt” more than once aimed at Docherty. And in the Keane example it was pre Liverpool days. It happened. It still upsets me ( being Irish too ) but that’s football, things have got better over the years, but them block 31 days were a bit unforgiving.

In regards to what I saw today from that German journalist. Wow. That’s massively distracting and disrespectful to all of us. And Kane can do one if he joins that lot. The day you leave to the day you retire. Basically Tottenham come above your “success” so fuck you.
It was more groups shouting derogatory Irish words than chants. My bad for over egging.

Wake up, everything has already been decided behind the scenes. Kane and Levy have come to an agreement that he can go to Bayern, he just has to behave himself and wait until the transfer fee is agreed. This will be an amicable transfer, Kane and Levy will each write their own letters to the fans explaining how it was difficult and regrettable but best for everyone concerned that now was the right time to part ways.

Levy wants him to go abroad, it's better than Kane joining a PL club for free.
Gentleman’s agreement? That worked well before.

It was more groups shouting derogatory Irish words than chants. My bad for over egging.
No worries mate, it’s fair comment. It’s what you heard and interpreted. As I say, personal experience of direct Irish related abuse chucked @ players, but I doubt those who chucked it failed to celebrate keane’s next goal….

If I was gonna rip on a Catholic friend of mine, which I have many I prefer *Taig*… to which I’d be called a Hun or an Orange bastard, all in jest ofc.:ange-arms:
I drink in the Crown + Anchor in Edmonton,top boozer run by a Glasgow Rangers fan.He’s a top fella we have loads of friendly banter.When we see each other always have a man hug!
He says every time I’m in there Celtic beat Rangers, so threatened to bar me 🤣
Left my glasses there in their case one game last season,when I asked him for them the next time I was there he’d put a Union Jack in the case!
I love the banter cos no bitterness 👏

“Fenian” terms used to get people knicked, I don’t think it does anymore, but I am not sure it’s a hero term for me to be honest.
I think way back then it was basically meaning you were in the RA? But over time kinda lost its status and became a derogatory term.

Gentleman’s agreement? That worked well before.
it's different now. Foreign club, only 1 year left on his contract. ........Levy has been caught having breakfast in London with Bayern representatives, come on there is stuff going on behind the scenes that are putting the deal together. Harry's wife is looking for houses in Munich, visiting schools for their kids, none of this happens if there were doubts the deal will go through. Levy has given the ok and very soon the deal will be announced

I drink in the Crown + Anchor in Edmonton,top boozer run by a Glasgow Rangers fan.He’s a top fella we have loads of friendly banter.When we see each other always have a man hug!
He says every time I’m in there Celtic beat Rangers, so threatened to bar me 🤣
Left my glasses there in their case one game last season,when I asked him for them the next time I was there he’d put a Union Jack in the case!
I love the banter cos no bitterness 👏
Aye there is friendly banter around it all, some I think most people don’t get. Ofc you don’t hand it out to people you don’t know but in a circle of friends etc it’s all good and everyone knows it comes from a good place. I’m from NI and I would probably class myself as a Unionist but honestly I don’t give a fuck anymore, little England don’t want us, and if I was to be part of a *United Ireland* I’d take it on. It’s all for giggles, won’t matter one bit to me.

I think way back then it was basically meaning you were in the RA? But over time kinda lost its status and became a derogatory term.
Not sure of the history of it, aside from it being maybe as much as 200 years old and very political in nature, especially IRB days and I think quite a thing in America for a while.

Pre 1916 has always felt a bit too far back for me to process.

Not sure of the history of it, aside from it being maybe as much as 200 years old and very political in nature, especially IRB days and I think quite a thing in America for a while.

Pre 1916 has always felt a bit too far back for me to process.
At the end of the day it’s all time to move on, can’t swim in the past mistakes of others. Each side admit what happened, apologise and fucking get on with living.

Aye there is friendly banter around it all, some I think most people don’t get. Ofc you don’t hand it out to people you don’t know but in a circle of friend etc it’s all good and everyone knows it comes from a good place. I’m from NI and I would probably class myself as a Unionist but honestly I don’t give a fuck anymore, little England don’t want us, and if I was to be part of a *United Ireland* I’d take it on. It’s all for giggles, won’t matter one bit to me.
Northern Irish + Glasgow lads both sides of the devide I’ve known + classed as mates who’ve lived in England for a while def soften + leave all that shit back there.Fuck me were Tottenham first

At the end of the day it’s all time to move on, can’t swim in the past mistakes of others. Each side admit what happened, apologise and fucking get on with living.
At the moment it’s still living history, lots to recall and fight over ( somewhat pointless as it can’t be changed ) younger people will live in calmer and more peaceful, perhaps rational times and that will eventually consign a lot of the bitterness to history, we are not there yet, but it’s coming 👍

Derailing the thread here. So back to Harry “Heimirich” Von Kane.

Anyone on here lived in Munich? Am just wondering what, football aside, is the attraction for a very rich young man with a young family? Is it a great place to be for a non German speaker?
I totally understand the attraction of Madrid, Barcelona and even Paris but have never thought of Munich as a bucket list destination to visit, let alone set up home there.

Anyone on here lived in Munich? Am just wondering what, football aside, is the attraction for a very rich young man with a young family? Is it a great place to be for a non German speaker?
I totally understand the attraction of Madrid, Barcelona and even Paris but have never thought of Munich as a bucket list destination to visit, let alone set up home there.
Lovely place to visit for a little while. Living there? Not sure at all myself, beers 🍻 good. Women nice. Lots of pork dishes. Trees. That’s all I got.

At the moment it’s still living history, lots to recall and fight over ( somewhat pointless as it can’t be changed ) younger people will live in calmer and more peaceful, perhaps rational times and that will eventually consign a lot of the bitterness to history, we are not there yet, but it’s coming 👍

Detailing the thread here. So back to Harry “Heimirich” Von Kane.
It’s funny, I’m 42 now and with the 12th just past it does seem different. But still the old times remain, I was at our local 11th night bonfire, bottle of strongbow in hand. But it felt different, not so much hate just an excuse to leave the kid at the old folks house and sing the Sash. It’s funny how upbringing really does imprint itself on a person.

NOTE: the shites after 6 litres of cider are shocking.

He very publicly said in an interview with Neville that he wanted to go and had discussed leaving with the chairman, he doesn't need to continue to repeat this. Handing in a transfer request would achieve nothing, Levy doesn't care.

By not signing a contract he continues to make it clear he doesn't want to be here. By speaking to Bayern he makes it crystal clear. It's just up to whether the club are prepared to accept the bids or let his contract run down.
He didn't though, he just hinted that he would love to play with de Bruyne and would have a chat with Levy at the end of the season.

He has never come out and said he wants to leave or will leave, he just leaves little hints here and there and the rest is done by his team and/or the interested team in the press.

Back
Top Bottom