Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Does anyone know what his wages are at right now?

I don't know how he thinks he knows this but some journo on the radio the other day was very sure that Harry's wage is a basic of £70k a week with a £50k appearance fee. I presume there is a goal bonus in there as well as a Champions League and Title/Cup winning bonus.

If that's even remotely close, i expect his salary is pushing £150k/week. Not bad for a club that won't pay more than £100k a week.

This journo said all this matter-of-factly and wasn't challenged on it - take that how you like.

The amount of crap you see on boards - "well he can't score against mediocre international oppo". What, like Germany you mean, tosser? Or maybe you mean Cardiff?

Apart from the 2nd in the Goons 2-2, I can't recall any worldies. Which I'm fine with, keeps him under the radar

:kaneshh:

The one vs Everton was fantastic this season too and the one vs Chelsea two years ago, the semifinal was great. He has a lot of good goals, but for Harry it's always more important to get the goal, rather than get a spectacular one. They all count, he would say.

We have A LOT of goals to look forward to, and there will be worldies among them.

I dont think Harry scores traditional 'worldies' , as he likes to hit it low and hard into the corner, rather than the eye catching top corner, still looks good to me and still doesn't take away from the fact that many of these goals are from hard and far distances.

The amount of crap you see on boards - "well he can't score against mediocre international oppo". What, like Germany you mean, tosser? Or maybe you mean Cardiff?

Apart from the 2nd in the Goons 2-2, I can't recall any worldies. Which I'm fine with, keeps him under the radar

:kaneshh:
Idk why anyone cares about "worldies" anyway, it's not like you get more points for style.

I dont think Harry scores traditional 'worldies' , as he likes to hit it low and hard into the corner, rather than the eye catching top corner, still looks good to me and still doesn't take away from the fact that many of these goals are from hard and far distances.

We will see more of the kind of goals he scored vs Woolwich, and then a similar vs Liverpool last season where he curves it around the corner, as he has been pretty close on several occassions.

The thing is, Harry Kane is constantly improving, he is far away from reaching his full potential. And I say that after seeing him scoring 35 goals in a season. Wait until he stays fit, plus 40 goals in all comps should happen in the future.

Truly amazing player. 99 goals for Spurs and counting.

Problem with Kane is he is only any good at scoring tap ins, penalties, shoots from range, and headers. Not a single rabona this season...
:troll:

In seriousness though, he ought to practice his free kicks because he could add half a dozen more goals to his season if he perfected them. Can't remember when Eriksen last scored a direct free kick.

Harry Kane has 99 goals for Spurs, the first goals next season will be a century milestone.

He is now 17th of the all time scorers for Spurs, just passed Taffy O'Callaghan (1927-35) on Sunday.

He should climb this ladder quite a bit next season...the next ones are:

15th JA Morrison (1933-39) 101
15th Billy Minter (1908-19) 101
14th Herbert Bliss (1912-22) 104
13th Glenn Hoddle (1975-87) 110
12th Jimmy Dimmock (1919-31) 112
11th Les Bennett (1946-54) 117
10th Robbie Keane (2002-08, 09-11) 122
9th Teddy Sheringham (1992-97, 01-03) 124
8th Alan Gilzean (1964-74) 133
7th Len Duquemin (1947-67) 134
6th GS Hunt (1930-37) 138

Top 6 looks hard for next season, but never say never with our Harry.

Anyway, for the coming seasons he will have his eyes set on the top 5, and it looks like this:
5th Jermain Defoe (2004-08, 09-14) 143
4th Cliff Jones (1958-68) 159
3rd Martin Chivers (1968-76) 174
2nd Bobby Smith (1955-64) 208
1st Jimmy Greaves (1961-1970) 266

Problem with Kane is he is only any good at scoring tap ins, penalties, shoots from range, and headers. Not a single rabona this season...

In seriousness though, he ought to practice his free kicks because he could add half a dozen more goals to his season if he perfected them. Can't remember when Eriksen last scored a direct free kick.
re the free kicks - were you at the Watford match at WHL, 4-0? H came on as sub after his injury, took a last minute free kick, smacked against the bar, Gomes nowhere. We really are missing a trick here. Like with Ben Davies and corners.

I love those drilled daisy cutters in the bottom corners. Every bit as good as the traditional "worldie" imo. And often more difficult for a 6'6" goalkeeper to get down to. The number of times Harry catches them with it is unreal.

I think he got hung up on mastering the Bale/Ronaldo knuckle ball thing for a while, that they themselves rarely score from now, and he's gone back to a more orthodox technique.

I love those drilled daisy cutters in the bottom corners. Every bit as good as the traditional "worldie" imo. And often more difficult for a 6'6" goalkeeper to get down to. The number of times Harry catches them with it is unreal.

Absolutely true. I think if you asked any keeper they would prefer a shot coming in at shoulder height to above than getting down on the ground. Also he makes those flick ins from close range look so easy when they are anything but. The one against Leicester for instance the pass was behind him and still managed to turn it in.

Harry Kane has 99 goals for Spurs, the first goals next season will be a century milestone.

He is now 17th of the all time scorers for Spurs, just passed Taffy O'Callaghan (1927-35) on Sunday.

He should climb this ladder quite a bit next season...the next ones are:

15th JA Morrison (1933-39) 101
15th Billy Minter (1908-19) 101
14th Herbert Bliss (1912-22) 104
13th Glenn Hoddle (1975-87) 110
12th Jimmy Dimmock (1919-31) 112
11th Les Bennett (1946-54) 117
10th Robbie Keane (2002-08, 09-11) 122
9th Teddy Sheringham (1992-97, 01-03) 124
8th Alan Gilzean (1964-74) 133
7th Len Duquemin (1947-67) 134
6th GS Hunt (1930-37) 138

Top 6 looks hard for next season, but never say never with our Harry.

Anyway, for the coming seasons he will have his eyes set on the top 5, and it looks like this:
5th Jermain Defoe (2004-08, 09-14) 143
4th Cliff Jones (1958-68) 159
3rd Martin Chivers (1968-76) 174
2nd Bobby Smith (1955-64) 208
1st Jimmy Greaves (1961-1970) 266
Mad that it's not just a possibility, but a probability, that he will be at least our 9th highest scorer of all time(!!) by the end of next season.

He is 23.

I forget the exact numbers but doesn't the club get several mill more for every place higher we go?

Breaking the salary ladder is a bad precedent for club finances when all the other agents and sharks will smell blood in the water. But be real. He's going to smash every Spurs scoring record and could even set all time epl records. Is there seriously any other epl player who should be paid more?

Back
Top Bottom