Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've defended him hundreds of times and called out cunts who mock him on twitter or YouTube, which is partly why I feel let down, as he'll join a club who's fans have spent the last 7 years abusing him. One of the things I loved about Kane was his ordinariness and his imperfections. I thought that made him humble and relatable, and then he goes and does this... Anyway, I'm putting you on ignore because you're boring little cunt.
Called out cunts who mock him on Twitter ..then does it on a spurs forum. Worst kind of human: cowardly hypocrite.

I don't have a problem with the interview at all. He says "I'd never say I'd stay here all my career" followed by "id never say I'd leave.
The press then cut and paste whichever suits their agenda.
Just so happens that the former seems a little more popular.

He wants to go. Let him go. No point keeping a player who doesn't want to stay and play for a club. If Levy is wise, he would sell and make as much money as he can and use for rebuilding the squad. Kanes value will fall much lower next year.
I feel he has all his eggs in man city's basket. Stones, walker, foden and sterling all his international teammates and they are having a great time winning trophies. But what if man city don't want him/won't spend the nessesary fee? I can't see him joining United, Chelsea or Liverpool. If he moves overseas he won't break Shearer's record.
He is well payed at spurs so it's not about money. If it's trophies he desperately desires, only man city are a guarantee of those

Fuck you, I already apologised and said it didn't come up like I intended and that's why I deleted it. Don't try and start a cunt off with like you bored everyone the last time you did that, which is why I carded you, you fucking little cunt,

Defends himself after that travesty odmf a post. You nasty bastard. Who's next on the hitlist? You've already done those with speech impediments. Also bravo for playing the ' didn't come out like I intended' card. Cowards way out you horrible bastard. If that's what you think, post it and keep it. Be brave little man.

In the spirit of openness and honesty, I’ve issued a foul vote to both of you. Calm down please xx

I don't have a problem with the interview at all. He says "I'd never say I'd stay here all my career" followed by "id never say I'd leave.
The press then cut and paste whichever suits their agenda.
Just so happens that the former seems a little more popular.

The interview is very different to how Sky initially reported it

I actually feel a bit stupid for being dragged in by their stories tbh

I think people are pissed off this is all happening a week before the end of the season when we still have things to play for. Someone in Kane's party obviously leaked this stuff earlier in the week and why did he have to do an interview that came out 3 days before a match we need to win?

If he did all this stuff after the season I think most people would understand it.
Tbh I think most would feel find something to complain about, whether it be the wording of an Instagram goodbye post or whatever. The fact is we’re hurting cause our best player is leaving. If it was while we’re in a title race/top 4 battle fair enough but our season has been over since Leeds. I think he also must want it out of the way when he’s with England.

I will hold no grudges when he leaves. I can't really blame him in the slightest. We've regressed over the past few years, to a point where we may not be in Europe at all next year.

There aren't many (any) clubs outside of Champions League places in any league that could hold onto a world class player for as long as we have.

Just seems like Kane now regrets signing that long contract - that's not the clubs fault though

There can be no obligation on either party to end that contract early.......they were both happy at the point it was signed

You are absolutely right but it really is a game that both sides play. As a general defense of any player, not just Kane, they are regularly screwed over by clubs so the activities by some players seems to be fully justified at times. The reality is that more often than not, the club is bigger than the player and they are paying the wages so they have the upper hand.

If a club takes an issue with a player for whatever reason they can bench them, freeze them out of the first team, and use all sorts of methods to denigrate a player's attitude/performance on a public scale.

I'm not justifying the shitty tactics that either side can take in these situations, but it is unfortunately a reality and very often a PR game between the player and the club.

In the spirit of openness and honesty, I’ve issued a foul vote to both of you. Calm down please xx

That's fair enough, maybe there was an element of a Tottiesque forum suicide post in the ill thought out, rather ignorant post I wrote, when a member writes a post they hope gets them banned because they want break from here or football in general. If there were a pill that completely removed my interest in football for the next 3 months or I honestly think I'd take it as being a Spurs fan is not going to be particularly enjoyable in the coming weeks, and it'd be nice to be able switch off from it completely in all honesty,

Back
Top Bottom