Guglielmo Vicario

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When were you last this confident in our back line? I’ve done over 40 years of supporting and I can’t recall being this calm about our defence.

Even with Walker, Rose, Toby, Jan and good Hugo, three of them had a mistake in them. Can’t see that with this five.

Spurs 2016/17, think we conceded something like 26 goals that season, no one could get near us because our press was so damn good, same as this season our back line isn't being breached because our press is working.

Spurs 2016/17, think we conceded something like 26 goals that season, no one could get near us because our press was so damn good, same as this season our back line isn't being breached because our press is working.

Also helped that no other teams really pressed back then. We were almost ahead of the game. Youthful but aggressive off the ball.

Nowadays, most teams can and do press really really well.

When were you last this confident in our back line? I’ve done over 40 years of supporting and I can’t recall being this calm about our defence.

Even with Walker, Rose, Toby, Jan and good Hugo, three of them had a mistake in them. Can’t see that with this five.
The 16/17 season was pretty unreal, only gave up 26 goals in the league which I think is top ten ever in the history of the Prem.

Peak Lloris, Walker, Jan, Toby, Rose plus insane Wanyama and Dembele seasons in front of them. That team was rock solid.

I hate that we rely on him so much, but also feel wonderfully calm cos he's so reliable.

How good is it to have a keeper that fills you with confidence again ?

Animated GIF

Us Sere A fans were telling you .... have faith.
He is a monster.

But it's understandable you had your concerns because EPL is a new league and a different type of test .... so it's great the Serie A fans were right :)

The confidence he must give to the defence is there for all to see .

Last season , every time the ball went in our box , I use to shit myself , god knows how the defenders dealt with it .

He looks so confident in his own ability , wonderful trait for a keeper

I never thought that we'd be able to find a GK who is comparable to Hugo in terms of shot-stopping, yet here we are. Thanks Paratici. What a GK this guy is.

Made some huge stops again, though a bit sloppy with his passing.
And yet, when he was in Serie A, he wasn't as nearly as good with his feet as he is now.
He is humble and how much he's improved since then is a testament to his love for pushing himself harder, and getting better.

I am confident he will surprise you (and me, since I support Spurs too now) even more.

The entire defence was incredible today - especially second half when the passing in midfield got a bit ragged. So many turnovers...

Ange will not have been happy about that, but the defence held.

I feel like we will concede more this season though, because we play a riskier style but we do have a decent defense and goalkeeper and i like to see that desire to keep the clean sheet.

Us Sere A fans were telling you .... have faith.
He is a monster.

But it's understandable you had your concerns because EPL is a new league and a different type of test .... so it's great the Serie A fans were right :)
I remember hearing he was a great shot stopper, which he is, but he is very good all round. The fact he is a leader is a benefit too.

Back
Top Bottom