Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Done very little so far, it’s a bit difficult to form a real judgement as he has barely played.

Some of the comments in here and some of the comparisons to other players are frankly laughable.
He's been a bright spark whenever he's played, and he's been played most of the time as an 8. If we play him as a 10, he'll look even better.

He's been a bright spark whenever he's played, and he's been played most of the time as an 8. If we play him as a 10, he'll look even better.

He has 2 PL starts ( and did nothing in both) to his name and host of short cameos. I get that people want him to do well but there is little sense exaggerating his performances. Had he been at any other club you be saying exactly the same as me. It’s like listening to Woolwich supporters heaping praise on Pepe.

Why does supporting a football team have to be an exercise in pure logic? Why not let supporters get a little carried away with the emergence of a promising talent?

Some of our fans are so joyless. And whatever they say, it does filter down to the ground.

Done very little so far, it’s a bit difficult to form a real judgement as he has barely played.

Some of the comments in here and some of the comparisons to other players are frankly laughable.

Early days for him, but we have seen him play the equivalent of about 6 games spread between a couple of starts and off the bench, so something to make a preliminary judgement on.

Whilst he's scored a couple of goals (always useful) its the fact that he seems to be getting the ball into the final third which has most caught my eye.

And if he continues doing that (and hopefully improves with familiarity with other Spurs players) then we've got a decent and useful player. How good s idle speculation until he has played a lot more minutes. But certainly no reason to be negative about him.

Why does supporting a football team have to be an exercise in pure logic? Why not let supporters get a little carried away with the emergence of a promising talent?

Some of our fans are so joyless. And whatever they say, it does filter down to the ground.

Not even an issue of getting carried away.

Not hard to spot the quality in GLC.

Some can't see it.

Just the way it is.

Not even an issue of getting carried away.

Not hard to spot the quality in GLC.

Some can't see it.

Just the way it is.
You say that, but it’s not me you need to be persuading. Take it up with the Hoods of this place.

Sorry if you think that this is waffleoso, but I’m just trying out a wireless keyboard to test its functionality.

So far so good my dearest Thinky. Peace be with you in our darkest hour.

I think he reminds me more of Bernardo Silva and said as much before we signed him.

If he turns out even as half as good as he has for City, we have one hell of a player.

Good shout. I see a bit more David than Bernardo. Less about the take on and likes going centrally whereas Bernardo really makes his killing on the wing.

Either way we cut it, it would be nice to get near either player with GLC.

Mou has become a fan based off his latest press conference.

Also implying that we are (obviously) going to make his move permanent.

Ya he was quite good. However, two of Watfords biggest chances came when Lo Celso reacted slowly to a backside run in the box. Need a DM so he's not in those spots too frequently, even though he is a good tackler.
He's good defensively but isn't a DM, that was supposed tô be Winks, who was never tracking back. With a proper DM near him our midfielder should be sorted.

Playing as an 8, which is not his preferred position, and he performed extremely well. Surprised how he saved us a couple of times defensively, like others said, that should be Winks's job. Another very solid performance, he should be one of the first names on the teamsheet from now on...

Back
Top Bottom