Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Always looking to pass it forward. Love it.

I really love how he uses his body to shield the ball. Very hard to get him off the ball and his low center of gravity reminds me or Silva. Not saying he will be Silva, but he has some of the qualities that have made David one of the best AM ever in the PL.

He has a quick mind, sees the pitch rather well, and again, is progressive with the ball. Him and Lamela have been the fighters we have been missing up the pitch. Busy as fuck and wanting to drive at the defense.

Reserved judgement on him (you know, as watching him play for a bit usually helps)

Like him a lot, good energy and skillfull and committed.
Don’t like the theatrics after every foul but he’s from South America so what to do...

I get a clear impression from him and what he brings to our attack/midfield and has a very good understanding with Lamela.
Both are reaching great match fitness levels so hopefully this is the start of a whole new shape.

The inclusion of Dele or Eriksen at the expense of either of these two will be inexcusable at this stage.

I can understand Jose not wanting to go “Ozzies 5” in attack, but it’s Son or Moura who should be rotated IF anyone.

What are you questioning? Lo Celso's played less than 300 minutes for Spurs, and apart from scoring against RSB, hasn't done much of note. From his performances so far, I don't see enough to say he's worth buying outright ahead of 20+ other creative midfielders we could get for less. I'm not saying we cut him lose, but I certainly don't think we have enough evidence to sign him right now.

Only that he has played for us in total of 17 games and for 640 minutes.

Yes, he has only scored 2 goals, but if you'd watch football once in a while, you'd understand that getting ball to attacking areas is quite an important thing to accomplish. And this is exactly what he has been most involved in. He is constantly looking for passes upfield, true sometimes these passes are intercepted, but while most of our players are afraid to play it quick and straightforward, he isn't. That's refreshing and useful.

Always looking to pass it forward. Love it.

I really love how he uses his body to shield the ball. Very hard to get him off the ball and his low center of gravity reminds me or Silva. Not saying he will be Silva, but he has some of the qualities that have made David one of the best AM ever in the PL.

He has a quick mind, sees the pitch rather well, and again, is progressive with the ball. Him and Lamela have been the fighters we have been missing up the pitch. Busy as fuck and wanting to drive at the defense.

I think he reminds me more of Bernardo Silva and said as much before we signed him.

If he turns out even as half as good as he has for City, we have one hell of a player.

Back
Top Bottom