Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'll be honest - never really seen this guy in action but everyone's raving about him in the Transfer Thread - who does he replace in our team directly?

Not going to complain about transfers but surely I must not be the only one thinking that £50m for a player who's had one good season is a bit too much? Of course I've seen sources say we're paying £63m, that's way too much if it's true.
You're not, I think we are overpaying. Last I saw it's around €61m, both fee and add-ons combined. I reckon he's worth around €45-50m. But if we are quibbling over €5m for a player Poch seems to want it doesn't seem worth the bother.

I'll be honest - never really seen this guy in action but everyone's raving about him in the Transfer Thread - who does he replace in our team directly?
From that fews games I had seen him played for Argentina, he plays like Van Der Vart. Cultured left foot, good passer, average pace, shields well against bigger players, 0.3 goals/game ratio type player.

Him alongside Sissoko and Ndombele in midfield will be ideal

He doesn’t have the same creativity as Eriksen but he’s more physically robust and can play in many different positions, which is something Poch always looks for. His game is somewhere between Dele and Eriksen in terms of style. He’s tenacious but also very technical with his dribbling and long shots.

From that fews games I had seen him played for Argentina, he plays like Van Der Vart. Cultured left foot, good passer, average pace, shields well against bigger players, 0.3 goals/game ratio type player.

Him alongside Sissoko and Ndombele in midfield will be ideal

The thing i like about him is that he appears to be able to create opportunities and chances for himself as well as other players. Very good dribbling out of tight situations and opening up space for himself

Thing with Lo Celso is that I like a player who is skillful but (this bit is the rugby player in me coming out)...I also want someone who can 'put himself about' and mix it with the opposition when required. Exerting a physical presence on the pitch can do wonders for intimidating opposing defenders. No need to kick boltholes out of them but the odd 'overly enthusiastic' tackle can do wonders for gaining an advantage. Watching Lo Celso clips I get the feeling he would do exactly that and isn't a player who would shirk a 50/50 ball.
Love to see him pull on a Spurs shirt :coys:

I still find it very hard to believe that we are still going to sign him even if Eriksen stays. To me that would be a real statement from Levy about our ambitions for next season.

With Eriksen, Dele, Lo Celso, Lamela, Lucas, Son and Kane as our attacking options we would have a squad that has no excuse not to challenge for trophies.

The thing i like about him is that he appears to be able to create opportunities and chances for himself as well as other players. Very good dribbling out of tight situations and opening up space for himself
How is he at corners?

If he can clear the first defender it's an improvement in my books.

:eriksenlol:

Back
Top Bottom