Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm going to leave this here and very respectfully beg to differ...

The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
1961 was 58 years ago.
We used to play 2 at the back and 5 up front then. Should we still be doing that?

1961 was 58 years ago.
We used to play 2 at the back and 5 up front then. Should we still be doing that?
Talk about false equivalence. Nope we never played five up top when we won our last trophy, had some lovely footballers then too. Staying true to who you are is not something that goes out of style. 61 Blanchflower, 81 Hoddel , 99 Anderton , 2008 Berbatov. 2019 Alli. Theres an identity here deny it all you like, its merely my personal opinion.

I don't want to win at ALL costs, won't support Liverpool like all the London scousers, or Madrid. I also don't want a blood soaked regime sports washing their human rights abuses with a Spurs shirt. I'll not change even if we go down. Folk are free to call me a loser but I'd not swap my relationship with Spurs for anything. It's fine as it is, even if I don't see a repeat of 61.

Has quotes from the RB Vice Chairman in there. 2 options.

1) Option to make it permanent in January at a cut price amount.
2) Mandatory purchase if we qualify for the champions league.

That option 2 is interesting, it might not mean what we think as it might be mandatory Betis have to sell him to us at that price and not that we have to buy him. If the guy barely kicks a ball all season and has no say on us qualifying for the CL, then I can't see how we're obliged to buy him.

There is also no reference to other factors. Can we send him back in January? Is there a break clause if the manager is changed? Etc etc etc
100% wishful thinking

It's mandatory if we qualify for the CL. If Lo Celso plays like shit and has 'no impact' on qualication we can't just say no - that's called OPTIONAL.

Yano - the exact opposite of mandatory.

He looks like an introvert. Mourinho likes big personalities, cocky cunts who dominate their surroundings. He has even spoken to Sessegnon and told him to be more vocal, forceful, a bigger presence around the place.

Looked very good going forward. Not so much when trying to defend. There is definetely a player there, it would be a crime if we let him go.

KWP was hung out to dry for half an hour before GLC started to track back.
He played some great offensive passes (big hand in our goal) and was great in the last 15 mins of the 1st half.
I like him but he doesn't look fit enough to me.

Didn't make a case for himself today at all. You could be decent going forward but with Mourinho, especially if your a fringe player looking to get in, you've got to work hard defensively. He didn't do much of that at all tonight.

I've seen a bit of complaints about him playing on the right and not the central position. Some might not see it, that's Mourinho giving him a proper chance in the ONLY position we know is expendable in our attack on current form.

I hope he gets more chances. The December period is stacked so there will be minutes available. Even if it is off the bench. He is a fine player but playing him next to Eriksen (and then subbing him ahead of Chris) did not do him any favors.

Back
Top Bottom