Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Let's cut to the heart of it. The anxiety loads of us have(me included) is less about Locelso, who looks like a decent technically gifted little player but about just that. Is there room in the new Mourinho world for technically gifted little players. Yes: Ozil and Deco say there is but the unspoken fear is that anyone could miss KDB and Mo Salah. So it's as much what Locelso represents as much as out else. On a day when we are linked to Fellaini. I'm holding my breath and hoping it's merely about the lad still adjusting and hoping the "humble one" is kept awake at night wondering how he dropped the ball on KDB and Salah, till he proves he is and puts to bed the Fellaini BS I'll reserve judgement.

Has quotes from the RB Vice Chairman in there. 2 options.

1) Option to make it permanent in January at a cut price amount.
2) Mandatory purchase if we qualify for the champions league.

That option 2 is interesting, it might not mean what we think as it might be mandatory Betis have to sell him to us at that price and not that we have to buy him. If the guy barely kicks a ball all season and has no say on us qualifying for the CL, then I can't see how we're obliged to buy him.

There is also no reference to other factors. Can we send him back in January? Is there a break clause if the manager is changed? Etc etc etc
I’m very confused, first you say we shouldn’t pay attention to quotes in broken English from the RB chairman.

Then you cite an article which uses these quotes as the basis for their presumptions.

Either you think the RB chairman is part of some conspiracy to lie about us having to buy him if we get CL, or you believe the “broken English” quotes?

Whatever way you want to spin it I think you are missing the point of this deal in Levy/Poch’s eyes. When they first went in for Lo Celso there were heavy reports that we made solid bids of 45mill+ which indicates that poch and levy wanted their man and they wanted him permanently.

At the time we eventually agreed to a last minute loan deal the main reason was because this was a way that we could save money by fucking PSG out of their percentage, and betis would be better off for it.

It was almost inconceivable to betis that the current CL runners up would not be able to make the top 4 this season so when they agreed to this deal (which WE were the ones pushing for and chasing all summer btw) it would be extremely stupid for them to allow another clause that undermines the obligation for us to buy.

TLDR: If the betis chairman says that we have to buy if we get top 4. . . then we have to buy if we get top 4.

It's bizarre.

I get that people want to see how Lo Celso adds gloss but I am also far more interested in seeing us win.

I won't say it's entirely up to Lo Celso but if he is that good Moirinho will play him. Same with Ndombelly!!

But I want us to win matches and aside from woeful Wednesday we have been doing that.

Let's cut to the heart of it. The anxiety loads of us have(me included) is less about Locelso, who looks like a decent technically gifted little player but about just that. Is there room in the new Mourinho world for technically gifted little players. Yes: Ozil and Deco say there is but the unspoken fear is that anyone could miss KDB and Mo Salah. So it's as much what Locelso represents as much as out else. On a day when we are linked to Fellaini. I'm holding my breath and hoping it's merely about the lad still adjusting and hoping the "humble one" is kept awake at night wondering how he dropped the ball on KDB and Salah, till he proves he is and puts to bed the Fellaini BS I'll reserve judgement.
If we win the League with Fellaini in midfield and not GLC, I’ll not give a shit about technically gifted little players.

I still think we are in the mix for top four, and if that happens then whether levy wants the transfer done or not he will have to cough up.

So it’s best we give him a good run(and I think Mou will eventually) to see what he’s capable of otherwise we will be stuck with a player that’s played no football and we have to chalk up 40mill for.
Levy really is a genius as if we get top 4 GLC is basically free as the extra money pays for him! :levylol:

There's every reason to be worried this could be de Bruyne mk2 all over again.
Not fussed about that I’d we’ve got the quality of Hazard and Willian (2014 versions) instead of an untried player. It’s people like that KDB was up against. If GLC is up against Dele, or a similar standard, for a first team slot, I’ll wish him well when he leaves.

If we win the League with Fellaini in midfield and not GLC, I’ll not give a shit about technically gifted little players.

I'm going to leave this here and very respectfully beg to differ...

The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."

The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
So it’s not about winning, it’s about beating the lot?

Okay. That makes all kinds of sense.

The glory comes from winning not losing.

Most certainly. I never want to see such a poor footballer in our first eleven. He makes the game so ugly. Playing beautiful football is central to the identity of spurs. I've been blessed to see us win FA cups, UEFA cups, League cups, playing just this. We can have both.
Play pretty and lose. Better man than me then. I want to win stuff.

A) Skipp has had plenty of minutes for us in the last year and he was free.
B) Parrot 17 years old. It's great he got some minutes but there's no rush and he was free
C) We have a potential fifty million reasons to give Lo Celso minutes or give him back.

I don't really care of Mourinho rates him or not. What I care about is if he does, he uses him and if he doesn't, he sends him home

WHAT
THE
FUCK

Harry Kane came free - he is academy product.
So fook him, right. Play Son, Moura and other brought players instead of him...because they.. cost more?!?

What logic is this?!?

I personally would have liked him to come on in Burnley game as well. But I was also really happy to see our younger lads taking the stage instead of him. Would have been pissed if Eriksen/Winks would be coming on before him though.

I looked at it like this - we'll have CL game coming up where nothing is at stake and we had chance to give playing time to 3 youngsters with even less minutes than GLC so that they would have more confidence going into Bayern game. Lo Celso will also start Bayern game, but he is already more experienced and those 15-20 minutes will have bigger impact on young lads.
Nothing sinister in it for me.

I'll say it until I'm blue in the face, no actual evidence anywhere that there is any obligation coming out of Tottenham.

I assume you have evidence regarding the
Levy conspiracy in your prior post?

Wait.... You don't? :kanehand:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom