Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What the heck! After a couple of seasons being relatively injury-free, it certainly caught up with us last season. I put that down to so many players being involved in the World Cup so late on. These mid-season international friendlies are meaningless and with the long haul travel, detrimental to players' well-being. We definitely need to be a bit more 'cute' in letting our players always being available.

This is self inflicted by the club but mainly Poch. He was on the bench for 4 games, not fit to play. Why declare LoCelso fit to travel for international useless friendlies!
Stupid.

Levys deadline day transfers plus pochs work shedule are a toxic mix. Puts players under immediate stress to get up to speed. We never learn.
When will they learn? Never.

Lo Celso arrived back at real Betis (after his 3 week mandatory break after internationals) about a week before he was bought.

So even had Levy managed to persuade Betis to sell him earlier in the window he might have arrived at Spurs one week earlier.

So nothing the club could do about getting the deal done significantly earlier. Blame FIFA for that !

Ndombele was also meant to be a little niggle and was touch and go for Woolwich. Now it looks like he ain't even going to be fit for this one as well.

It's all a bit of a joke really.

Not sure how Poch can be blamed for this but I'm sure some people will give it a go!
Because he deemed him not fit enough to start a game for us so surely he must have thought he wasn't fit enough to start a game for his country, so should have relayed his thoughts to the player. If he did but was ignored then he should be furious. I'll go with he said fuck all and we now pay the price.

Back
Top Bottom