Gary 'the ears' Lineker is a prick - discuss

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Gary Lineker a massive fartfaced prick

• Yes

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Super Yes

Votes: 18 15.7%
  • Bigger yes than his ears

Votes: 55 47.8%
  • No, I love the gooners

Votes: 12 10.4%

• Total voters
Baroness Karren Brady CBE
@karren_brady
·
Feb 26

The Home Office is inviting 12,000 people to fill out a ten-page questionnaire instead of sitting an interview to have their asylum status approved.Some suggest the Home Office is prepared to “take a bit of a risk in order to get the backlog down” which is terrifying.
@TheSun
Not that I support Lineker's sacking, but that's not really comparable to calling the Tories Nazis is it?

Doubt it, he might get a gig at channel 4, but they don't do football AFAIK. The other channels are just as conservative as the BBC. ITV and Sky would be his only other options and they're not taking him.
They (Sky) have approached him numerous times before. Whatever anyone personally thinks of him he's a "bigger" TV Sports Anchor than anyone at Sky, I argue he's this country's "biggest" (sorry for use of biggest not sure what other word describes TV personality without going the route of whether someone like or dislikes someone - trying to take out personal preference). I'm talking in the same capacity of the old-school Dickie Davis or Des Lynam (he's not as big as these as he's only football but the format of sport has moved away from those days).

Bless you, I didn't have the guts to post the actual link.

Hide Reaction GIF by flor

The two issues have nothing to do with each other, other than being supported/opposed by the same groups of people.

Being anti-immigration is a valid and reasonable stance, which happens to also be supported by racists and cunts for their own reasons, whereas the environment question is black and white. There is no reasonable argument to support action like this BBC censorship.

My anti-immigration stance is largely derived from a concern about the environment.
God forbid you where actually racist its all population density with you.

Not that I support Lineker's sacking, but that's not really comparable to calling the Tories Nazis is it?
He didn't, all he said was it was similar language to that being used in Germany in the 30's!
This is factually true and Ian Wright is refusing to do MOTD...makes me love him even more!!

Back
Top Bottom