Gary 'the ears' Lineker is a prick - discuss

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Gary Lineker a massive fartfaced prick

• Yes

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Super Yes

Votes: 18 15.7%
  • Bigger yes than his ears

Votes: 55 47.8%
  • No, I love the gooners

Votes: 12 10.4%

• Total voters

cretinousgoat

Super Postecoglou
As it says on the tin.

GIF by Walkers Crisps

When I was 5-6 my heroes were Lineker, Waddle & Gascoigne.
To be honest all 3 of them are idiots in their own ways but what can you do.

My dad took me to a charity cricket match in the summer of 92 where Lineker was on the line up. Took my #10 Hummel shirt, an autograph book, excited for what felt like an eternity leading up to the day.. only to get there and he cancelled last minute as he was flying to Japan to join Grampus Eight.

Not only did I not get to meet him, he also left my club. He was no longer my hero from that moment anyway.

Wanker

When I was 5-6 my heroes were Lineker, Waddle & Gascoigne.
To be honest all 3 of them are idiots in their own ways but what can you do.
It was a shame we didn't get to see them play together for us. Bought Lineker then sold Waddle. That trio could have done some damage together.

Hero as a kid and was even likeable as a presenter for a bit. But since seeing some of the complete shit he spouts on social media for attention I'm no longer a fan.

Hero as a kid and was even likeable as a presenter for a bit. But since seeing some of the complete shit he spouts on social media for attention I'm no longer a fan.
Yes up until today I still liked him, even with the Leicester love-in, but seeing that food poisoning gossip spreading he's crossed a line. A line!

Last edited:

Up until a certain point he was the OG sensible, universally liked England hero guy..... But he's become increasingly smug, obnoxious and cunty since he retired.

I remember Palace at home '91 (the season after we won the FA Cup); I met most of that squad at the gates after the game for autographs etc. He was the only one with that "I'm a star" vibe about him.

Back
Top Bottom