Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not going to lie, if he ends up at UTD, it's going to really, *really* fucking sting.

I'd love to see him back. Fully understand the arguments against it, but he would grab our team by the scruff of its neck and force other players to perform.

They’ve been courting him for years.

Pretty much my only ‘itk’ moment. I know a close friend of Giggs, and she said United were responsible for his rebranding to 11 as he was lined up to be the natural replacement. Then Real blew them out of the water.

Or alternatively, this was just some arrogant man United fan getting 2nd 3rd hand info. Giggs is Welsh, Bale is Welsh, they're both left footed so it must be true. They're all like it, inside the club and in the terraces.

He was never going there. How the fuck would Man United get him progressed to an "11" when he was a Spurs player? Levy would have been absolutely hopping mad.

Its no secret that Real need him gone.

Allegedly on 30m a year. A transfer fee of 20m allows them to 'save face' and effectively buy him out of his remaining contract without being too much in the red.

However, if Spurs were to drop 20m fee + 300k a week for a 3 year deal - we'd be committing 70m to him.

Worth the money?
Champs league spot at risk again this year - could he make the difference?
How much money could he bring in through his 'brand'?
Any resale value?

However, if Spurs were to drop 20m fee + 300k a week for a 3 year deal

How is Bale accepting a deal in which he only gets 3/4 of the wages owed to him?

I don't think the reporting on the parameters of this deal are accurate. Save for the one which said Madrid were willing to eat half the wages.

It will almost certainly be a "loan", IMO

How is Bale accepting a deal in which he only gets 3/4 of the wages owed to him?

I don't think the reporting on the parameters of this deal are accurate. Save for the one which said Madrid were willing to eat half the wages.

It will almost certainly be a "loan", IMO

If Real Madrid buy him out of his remaining contract for the equivalent of half his wages. i.e. they use the transfer fee to pay out the contract.

He isn't getting 600k a week anywhere else; once his real contract runs out; hes a free agent and will have to take what is offered.

I'd love to have him back, surely if we did one of Dele, Lamela or Lucas moves on?

Just can't see how we fit Son, Dele, Lucas, Lamela, Bergwijn & Bale into 2 or 3 spots. Son is nailed on for 1 spot. So that leaves 5 players fighting for 1-2 spots.

I'm all for having strength in depth and wouldn't be against shipping out any of the 3 I mentioned if it meant Bale comes back.

I am not in the John Thomas camp of Levy out but cannot believe he would ever agree a deal for Bale as however much Madrid subsidise the deal it is going to be expensive. He cannot earn more than Kane without upsetting him. MU's interest will up the price. Yes I would love Bale to return but Levy will never go for it.

Or alternatively, this was just some arrogant man United fan getting 2nd 3rd hand info. Giggs is Welsh, Bale is Welsh, they're both left footed so it must be true. They're all like it, inside the club and in the terraces.

He was never going there. How the fuck would Man United get him progressed to an "11" when he was a Spurs player? Levy would have been absolutely hopping mad.

She's not a fan, the info was first hand, and they apparently encouraged him to request the 11 shirt. Spurs wouldn't have known about United's involvement.

Not that any of it amounted to anything, thanks to Real.

Back
Top Bottom