Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You are either eating far too much sugar or taking some sort of hallucinatory drug. Be careful though if you try to come off the habit too quickly, you may have nightmares involving Troy Deeney.

Hallucinogenics generally aren't addictive.

Happy days! :ledley:

53 people unsure about bale return to Spurs.

What is there to be unsure about? Surely it’s a yes or no choice??

Thank god these people are not in charge of our transfer policy.

Poll was started nearly 3 years ago..... Bale for free and on knockdown wage is a bit different to paying a fat fee and trying placate his financial desires whilst he was simultaneously in and out from injury.

Similarly, are you entirely SURE he'll stay fit, get his head down and work if he does come?

In all seriousness one of Bale's great strengths is his ability even as an attacking superstar to get back and defend. Not saying he could play as a defensive left back but in a back five pretty sure he could play left wing-back ... all depends on his levels of fitness.

Sessegnon could certainly learn a thing or two from understudying him.

This is just embarrassing.

Poll was started nearly 3 years ago..... Bale for free and on knockdown wage is a bit different to paying a fat fee and trying placate his financial desires whilst he was simultaneously in and out from injury.

Similarly, are you entirely SURE he'll stay fit, get his head down and work if he does come?
Not sure £300,000 a week constitutes a knockdown wage...

Well I said no as believe no chance it happens.

He has as much a chance as staying fit as Harry and son. Guaranteed injury at some point.

For him it would be like deciding to work 'part time' instead of doing a full week and that's the worry. Would we just be getting a half interested player ?

Unless Madrid are going to top up his wages it would be more like going from a part-time job to a full-time job, but only get paid half as much... I'd stick with the golf for 600k a week :)

I think there’s two routes to look at this - the business route and the football route. The biggest objection on here seems to be that he’s too expensive and his wages are too high. That’s the business answer. The footballing objection seems to be that he is old and has no motivation and he’s always injured.

If we take the finances out of it and he hypothetically came on a free transfer or loan and Madrid paid 100% of his wages, would this still be a bad idea? Does a bale who plays say 25 games for us this season make us better or worse? Is he an upgrade on lamela or Lucas? Since he went to Madrid he has played 251 times for them scoring 105. And that’s with Zidane refusing to play him for what seems like half the time. Lamela has played 220 times for us in the same period scoring 33. So Bales on the pitch more contributing more than what we already have.

i think bale makes us better than we are now, so it’s an improvement. Same with Hart. It’s not about him being better than Hugo, it’s about being better than Vorm. He makes the squad better. He wins football matches. Better squad, better team, more depth, better mentality, winner. He doesn’t stop some potential wonder signing coming in. Brings more eyes, more sponsorship, more money, raises our profile. Paying out 100m in fees or wages to Bale for 2 years isn’t going to cripple us on the slim chance it is a complete disaster. But if it works it could propel us in to that next winning tier that we have been doing the hokey kokey with for a while now.

it’s a yes from me.

I think there’s two routes to look at this - the business route and the football route.

If we take the finances out of it

Paying out 100m in fees or wages to Bale for 2 years isn’t going to cripple us on the slim chance it is a complete disaster.

it’s a yes from me.

This is like the complete opposite of what Daniel Levy would say.

So I’m guessing you are not Daniel Levy’s son.

Am I right John Thomas John Thomas ???

(So that’s 1 down 11500 Fighting Cock forum members left to rule out, And I’m not ruling you out John as Daniels son.
What a plot twist that would be!)

I think there’s two routes to look at this - the business route and the football route. The biggest objection on here seems to be that he’s too expensive and his wages are too high. That’s the business answer. The footballing objection seems to be that he is old and has no motivation and he’s always injured.

If we take the finances out of it and he hypothetically came on a free transfer or loan and Madrid paid 100% of his wages, would this still be a bad idea? Does a bale who plays say 25 games for us this season make us better or worse? Is he an upgrade on lamela or Lucas? Since he went to Madrid he has played 251 times for them scoring 105. And that’s with Zidane refusing to play him for what seems like half the time. Lamela has played 220 times for us in the same period scoring 33. So Bales on the pitch more contributing more than what we already have.

i think bale makes us better than we are now, so it’s an improvement. Same with Hart. It’s not about him being better than Hugo, it’s about being better than Vorm. He makes the squad better. He wins football matches. Better squad, better team, more depth, better mentality, winner. He doesn’t stop some potential wonder signing coming in. Brings more eyes, more sponsorship, more money, raises our profile. Paying out 100m in fees or wages to Bale for 2 years isn’t going to cripple us on the slim chance it is a complete disaster. But if it works it could propel us in to that next winning tier that we have been doing the hokey kokey with for a while now.

it’s a yes from me.
And thank God it didn't take you long to say yes !

Back
Top Bottom