Galacticos v the mighty Tottenham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think if you offered most players 3 euro cups and playing for Madrid they would consider that a good career. Im sure he is loved in Wales, and Spurs still.
So young think Bale will look back in his career with fans booing him, the media constantly at his throat, his team mates not really his mates, and look at that time like they were glory days?

I'm not sure that I would despite the trophies.

Okay, I will quote you. Back in 2016 I said...

ok-just-kill-him-thumb.jpg

So young think Bale will look back in his career with fans booing him, the media constantly at his throat, his team mates not really his mates, and look at that time like they were glory days?

I'm not sure that I would despite the trophies.

Whatever you think of him, he got to the top of his profession. Some geeky kid In Southampton’s youth team won the biggest prizes in the best team in the world. That’s what he’ll look back on - that he did the best that he could - and no, l wouldn’t like him back with us. Never go back.

Whatever you think of him, he got to the top of his profession. Some geeky kid In Southampton’s youth team won the biggest prizes in the best team in the world. That’s what he’ll look back on - that he did the best that he could - and no, l wouldn’t like him back with us. Never go back.
Cough. Sheringham. Cough.

Thing that makes me laugh is bitter Woolwich fans claiming we're small time for celebrating an entertaining draw against the European Champions, and referencing their own 1-0 win over Madrid from over a decade ago.

What have they done of note recently, besides being knocked out 0-10 on aggregate by Bayern last season? Shows how far they've fallen.
They celebrated a draw with fucking Chelsea only a month ago!! It apparently showed they have leaders and everything in their team. Chavs ain’t that much better, they are still celebrating drawing with us in the battle of the bridge. If you dare, speak to one of them about that game, many actually think they won the game!!

I had a sour-faced miserable old bat sat next to me, the more she tutted, the more I wound her up.

The season ticket holders behind us were great, bunch of five lads with a great sense of humour and happy to chat. They said they were very impressed with us, especially how we'd improved since last time.

Next to me on the other side were a Spanish couple in Spurs shirts from Granada in the south. The lad whispered to me he was also a Barça fan.

Brilliant atmosphere, just amazing
What I thought was great to see was our goal was celabrated by a few hundred in the lower tier, you can see them jump up arms in the air and then on the final whistle a wider view of the lower tier showed may be a thousand Spurs with their arms up, lovely!

You bring up a great point that going from the bottom to the top is what normally everyone strives for and he's done it. I'm just awfully curious if he's truly happy with his time in Madrid.

What a great trip that was! Still in disbelief at the result and even better with Dortmund dropping points, puts us in a fantastic position to go through now.

So proud of our performance over there. Held our own against the best in Europe and definitely had our "what if" moments - 9 times out of 10 Kane buries that chance in the second half.
Rode our luck at times but I would have been disappointed if we'd come away with less than a point. I'd predicted a 3-0 loss pre-game and the starting line up only made me more nervous.

Absolutely chuffed I was wrong. Don't think you can fault anyone given the quality of the opposition. Feeling optimistic about the return game with hopefully a few less injuries.

Bigger goal than winning your league and Champions League multiple times? Probably nothing can top that. Bale should just retire from football and become a fisherman in the Sea of Cortez.
The team that wins the title for Spurs will be bigger than Ben Hur, more so than La Liga!

The team that wins the title for Spurs will be bigger than Ben Hur, more so than La Liga!

La Liga is now a joke league and everyone I know in Spain admits it. Real Madrid and even Barca these days are fake clubs that have little connection to the duende and fidelidad they used to have. They never loved Bale. They loved power and status. A plague on both their houses

Apologises if already quoted but the commentator on Tuesday said Bale has had 18 injuries during his time in Madrid missing 58 games I think? What's to say that wouldnt continue the English league you could argue is a harder shunt than la liga?

Anyone saying they wouldn't take Bale back is kidding themselves, honestly if you woke up one morning and read we bought Bale would you think 'Oh no but his injury record'. He is one of the best players to have pulled on the shirt and was an absolute phenomenon while he was here, sure they way he left was a bit disrespectful but at that time I couldn't blame him for doing it.

Basically, the way I think of it Bale to us is like having a really hot ex-girlfriend. She was great looking when you were together but she was a bit of a bitch and you always knew she was too good for you. Since you've broken up you're always bitching about her, but you've found a new girlfriend who might not be as attractive, but is your best friend, you have a lot in common and you get on really well with her. Now you may bitch about your ex, but if your current girlfriend and your ex both ask you for a threesome are you really going to turn them down?

Back
Top Bottom