Galacticos v the mighty Tottenham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone else still buzzing?

anigif_enhanced-5601-1404900076-6.gif
I would not fight him.

I had a sour-faced miserable old bat sat next to me, the more she tutted, the more I wound her up.

The season ticket holders behind us were great, bunch of five lads with a great sense of humour and happy to chat. They said they were very impressed with us, especially how we'd improved since last time.

Next to me on the other side were a Spanish couple in Spurs shirts from Granada in the south. The lad whispered to me he was also a Barça fan.

Brilliant atmosphere, just amazing

I miss watching football live in Spain. Totally different atmosphere to England. Pile of pipa shells at your feet, cigarette in one hand, beer in the other. Good chat with those around you. Glad you had fun!

Why not? Looks like you made it up otherwise.
In future I wil just say 'somebody said this' or 'somebody said that'.
I don't need to do any point scoring. And I don't really wish to belittle anyone.
Always up for a bit of banter though. Just don't anyone call me a coward.

Imagine trying to convince our star players to sign new contracts. Then in walks a guy that left to go to Madrid and won 3 CL titles. So Gareth, what was it like at Madrid....

For that reason alone, its a bad idea.
Meh, so he won a bunch of trophies and titles. He's not beloved by Madrid supporters, he probably isn't beloved by his team, he's a blip on the radar of the history of Real Madrid, and he's been injured for large amounts of time. If players see that as a possible great point in their career then there's the door.

Think we are too good to get Bale back now - the only way we could actually afford it would be if we were shit and he was a one off star player that the rest of the squad could accept earning 3x or 5x as much as them.

Wouldn't surprise me if Levy tried to make a marquee signing for our first season in the new stadium. It's up to Poch to keep him from upsetting the balance of the team. I think they have such a good relationship that anyone we bring in would have been vetted by both of them.

As for Bale, if they think he'd fit the team and he wanted it, why not? I see a Maureen shaped shadow over that though. He's wanked himself to sleep over Bale ever since we last played Real.

Meh, so he won a bunch of trophies and titles. He's not beloved by Madrid supporters, he probably isn't beloved by his team, he's a blip on the radar of the history of Real Madrid, and he's been injured for large amounts of time. If players see that as a possible great point in their career then there's the door.

I think if you offered most players 3 euro cups and playing for Madrid they would consider that a good career. Im sure he is loved in Wales, and Spurs still.

Back
Top Bottom