Galacticos v the mighty Tottenham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Same gameplan as Dortmund.

Wide men crucial. We lacked the ability to play the ball forward quickly today (I thought Winks would solve this?) and lack of penetration out wide.

Aurier in and I'm really hoping Dembele is fit for this one. He would be crucial in the middle. I don't think Poch would go with Sissoko in CM again and I'd be amazed if he trusts Winks so much. I wouldn't complain though.

We are huge underdogs for this one and I think that suit us well.

Agree with Totti, be patient like vs Dortmund and go gung ho on them on every opportunity after winning the ball.

No silly mistakes, run at them, stress them and we can do well in a game we don't have to win.

Last edited:
The last time we played them in the CL, Gomez was our keeper, and gave Ronaldo at least one gift that I can remember.
Going to be better this time I feel.

How many bloody players we got out for this then? Question mark about all of the below, anyone have updates on the ones who have a chance of playing?

Davies
Rose
Lamela
Waynama
Nkouduo
Dembele
Dele (suspension)

How many bloody players we got out for this then? Question mark about all of the below, anyone have updates on the ones who have a chance of playing?

Davies
Rose
Lamela
Waynama
Nkouduo
Dembele
Dele (suspension)

I think with both Dembele and Wanyama out it will be difficult to win this game. The others are all obviously big losses but this is the weakest part of our team at the moment, and the only bit that worries me.

I just don't want it to be embarrassing like the last time we played there. No one is expecting us to win so just give us a decent performance please

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Latest on Carvajal and Marcelo?

Actually just seen Marcelo played today. A shame. Looks like Modric given a full 90 minute rest too.

Last edited:

Davies
Rose
Lamela
Waynama
Nkouduo
Dembele
Dele (suspension)
I would think Dembele and Davies will be ok for this one.

----------------------------Lloris-----------------------
---Alderweireld----Sanchez----Vertonghen--
Aurier------------Dier-----Sissoko-------Davies
-------------------------Dembele-----------------------
------------Eriksen---------------------Son-----------
----------------------------Kane-------------------------

That's what i would play. Pack the middle with 3 powerhouses and go physical.

This isn't a bad shout at all.

I can see us honestly just sitting back and aiming to counter. It'd essentially end up being four centre backs, Dier dropping in with Aurier and Davies attempting to provide as much width as possible. Sissoko making the forward runs unmarked. Dembele being the ball carrier and Son, Eriksen and Kane used for the counter.

I really hope Poch knows what he's doing here!

No Harry Winks?

Back
Top Bottom