Fulham v. Tottenham - March 4 18:00 GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just because Sanchez had a decent game, no one played badly, that is no reason to play him again. He is a liability and will make mistakes again. What has Rodon done to not get a chance? Rodon and Toby are the future.

Sissoko was going to come on for the third sub today when Aurier signalled to the bench that he wasn’t ok, and Doherty came on. Not sure if this is a slight injury or precaution from Aurier but this might mean he gets rested for the next game.

Fair comment, but heading away long balls is Dier's strength, in the away game in October Burnley had more possession and threw more long balls and crosses at us ... they still managed just 3 shots and scored zero.

I don't overly trust any of our defenders, but for me Dier is no better or worse than the rest. Where he gains is his ability to recover, very rarely does he go completely missing, the same can't always be said for Sanchez. That said I thought Sanchez showed great discipline yesterday there is a good CB in there.
Tbh I thought that was Dier's strength but I remember the game v Liverpool
Every time they pumped it long Firmino won the flick ons. Dier won nothing.

Sissoko was going to come on for the third sub today when Aurier signalled to the bench that he wasn’t ok, and Doherty came on. Not sure if this is a slight injury or precaution from Aurier but this might mean he gets rested for the next game.
Hmm didn't know that.

Hopefully just precaution and also there's still quite a few days to go to next game.

Dropping Sanchez after today's performance would be such a stupid move. Give him a run in the side and see how he gets on.

Every game is a cup final now in the league, we can't afford any mistakes.

The only rotation I would suggest is Lucas out for maybe Lamela / Ben Davies in for Reguillon.

We had a free flowing direct attacks today and scored early and often from it. The absolute key there was NO LAMELA to drag everything to give opponents defence time to cope.

The key to Jose not getting sacked for the rest if season is NO LAMELA in the starting line up. Plus No DIER starting will help achieving clean sheet.

No Lamela No Dier. Remember that.

Lloris
Aurier Toby Sanchez Reguilon
Ndombele PEH
Bale Lucas Son
Kane
No changes necessary, it's 3.5 days rest after a game which hardly stretched us following a week where our first XI were completely rested.

Vital we keep momentum and get another convincing win. We can't jeopardise that with changes, bringing the likes of Lamela and Davies in is just accepting we will be worse.

We had a free flowing direct attacks today and scored early and often from it. The absolute key there was NO LAMELA to drag everything to give opponents defence time to cope.

The key to Jose not getting sacked for the rest if season is NO LAMELA in the starting line up. Plus No DIER starting will help achieving clean sheet.

No Lamela No Dier. Remember that.
Dele too. Slows the game down so much.

Isn't he the dwarf that outjumped Dier for their equaliser at the Lane?
No.
Eric is not 8 feet tall..
IIRC Davies was supposed to be marking him.
And the cross should never have been allowed in the 1st place.
Mr Aurier and Mr Sanchez at fault.

Centre back is the one position that you don’t need to rest players... the more games, the sharper they get (unless we are taking a battering for 90 mins). Toby and Sanchez could play Tuesday if needed after today’s run out. I can’t imagine either sprinted once as a maximal effort
Doesnt seem like Toby can play 2x a week. Cant remember the last time he did

No.
Eric is not 8 feet tall..
IIRC Davies was supposed to be marking him.
And the cross should never have been allowed in the 1st place.
Mr Aurier and Mr Sanchez at fault.

He's 6 ft 2.

Cavaleiro is 5 ft 8.

If you want to justify that by putting blame on people out wide, just say you have an agenda and get on with it.

He's 6 ft 2.

Cavaleiro is 5 ft 8.

If you want to justify that by putting blame on people out wide, just say you have an agenda and get on with it.
Watch the video.
No agenda. Eric is not 8 foot tall, the guy is behind him.
Maybe you can blame Davies who can see him but pathetic from Sanchez and not very good from Aurier in failing to deal with the move on our right.

Watch the video.
No agenda. Eric is not 8 foot tall, the guy is behind him.
Maybe you can blame Davies who can see him but pathetic from Sanchez and not very good from Aurier in failing to deal with the move on our right.

Sorry.

You're putting any kind of blame on Aurier for this goal? Lol

It's on Dier.

No surprise that our last 2 league cleansheets have come without that waste of space on the pitch.

Just hoping we can keep the momentum going - a little run of wins will do our confidence, and our position in the table, the world of good. I've always been of the opinion that attack is the best form of defence, especially with our defence :)

Just hoping we can keep the momentum going - a little run of wins will do our confidence, and our position in the table, the world of good. I've always been of the opinion that attack is the best form of defence, especially with our defence :)

This ☝️

It's all about momentum. I wouldn't mind seeing Dele in place of Lucas, but for the rest of the starting 11 why not keep them the same. I think the Burnley game shows that there's potential in this lineup as long as everyone knows who has to drop back when attacks happen.

Personally I think Sanchez is a decent player provided Toby is playing alongside of him. I don't know if Toby's seniority has more of a leadership style behind it as opposed to Dier who sometimes reminds me of Pointy-Shouty man Robbie Keane.

We have a good enough squad for a rotation when fit and depending on if Jose's decided, we can still make a CL spot through the league or the cup.

Or has Jose decided to "Go big or go home". Imagine getting a double and still finishing top 4. That's a huge humble pie that half the world would have to eat while he gloats. And he will gloat.

Anyways, back to the game.

Hugo
Aurier-sanchez-toby-Reggie
Tanguy-PEH
Bale-Dele-Son
Kane

If Jose has broken Deles "Laziness" then he should have no problem switching with Kane or dropping back when Tanguy goes on those beast mode runs.

I can see what Jose is trying to do now too.

Back
Top Bottom