Fulham v. Tottenham - March 4 18:00 GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Same team, if Bale or Aurier can’t cope with another 75/80 mins, just sub them earlier and hopefully the game is settled by that point, like today.

Palace (H) easier than Fulham (A). Palace are absolutely awful.

Full strength here, then rest a few on Sunday v Palace. Means we can then face Zagreb (HUGE GAME) fresh. Woolwich are in Athens before we play them so fuck them.

With this fixture list :

Thursday 4 March - Fulham (A) PL
Saturday 7 March - Crystal Palace (H) PL
midweek 10/11 March - Dynamo Zagreb EL
Sunday 14 March - Woolwich (A) PL
midweek 17/18 March - Dynamo Zagreb EL
Sunday 21 March - Aston Villa (A) PL

whilst I would like to play the same team , I think we need to change maybe 3 players, maybe Bale becoming on the bench and Dele starts for example.

Then play our strongest X1 against Palace.

And hope to get all 6 points from the 2 games
Palace game is Sunday evening.

Agreed, this must be the expectation. But I think Jose is likely to give the same XI a run on Thursday, try to build on the momentum from today, and then re-evaluate for Palace on Sunday. Fulham may be lower on the table, but they are in decent form of late.

I think the subs of Bale and Aurier just after 60 minutes guaranteed that they will play Thursday. Lucas probably as well. The only other change I could imagine him making is bringing in Dier, given his apparent infatuation with him. But I think that would be it.
Centre back is the one position that you don’t need to rest players... the more games, the sharper they get (unless we are taking a battering for 90 mins). Toby and Sanchez could play Tuesday if needed after today’s run out. I can’t imagine either sprinted once as a maximal effort

Different game, different opposition

Let's see if Mourinho dare play the same side.

We know Bale will start if fit. A game for Son to regain his scoring form I think.

Win and it helps the morale no end.

I'd go for a very similar team today maybe Lamela for Lucas and hopefully Bale , Aurier will be fit enough for another 90 minutes.

We play like we did today and we win. We should be up for it hopefully.

Fulham only 1 loss in their last 8 but after us they have Liverpool and City.
Let's burst their little balloon and help send them down.

There's not a snowball's Jose starts the same XI.
Eric will come in for Toby at the very least.
My guess is minimum 3 changes from today.
Well I wouldn't put Eric Dier anywhere near this team
We won today because twats like him didn't play.

Don't change the team unless there are fitness issues etc.

We did not win today because Eric did not play. We won because we have world class attackers.
Eric will start v Fulham.

Nope - we won because we played the game almost entirely away from our defence, the CB's had almost nothing to do we could have played Dier or Tanganga at CB would have made no difference.

That said don't change what isn't broken, unless players are injured/red-lined start with the same eleven.

Last edited:
Nope - we won because we played the game almost entirely away from our defence, the CB's had almost nothing to do we could have played Dier or Tanganga at CB would have made no difference.

That said don't change was isn't broken, unless players are injured/red-lined start with the same eleven.
The CB's have nothing to do?

Cmon. Burnley pumped the ball long so many times and our CBs dealt with it every time. Sanchez did everything he was required to do.

I don't trust Dier .

The CB's have nothing to do?

Cmon. Burnley pumped the ball long so many times and our CBs dealt with it every time. Sanchez did everything he was required to do.

I don't trust Dier .

Fair comment, but heading away long balls is Dier's strength, in the away game in October Burnley had more possession and threw more long balls and crosses at us ... they still managed just 3 shots and scored zero.

I don't overly trust any of our defenders, but for me Dier is no better or worse than the rest. Where he gains is his ability to recover, very rarely does he go completely missing, the same can't always be said for Sanchez. That said I thought Sanchez showed great discipline yesterday there is a good CB in there.

Back
Top Bottom